Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Vader vs Yoda - Page 5 Empty Re: Vader vs Yoda

December 27th 2019, 6:41 pm
The Apprentice wrote:New sourcebooks writers want to interpret the fight in a way it wasn't meant to be interpreted? Gosh we should listen to them, they seem like smart people!
TPM Kenobi was meant to be > every warrior in the OT, so yes, we probably should.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 27th 2019, 6:43 pm
No, he wasn't. Not that it makes any difference if that was the intent.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

December 27th 2019, 6:59 pm
The Apprentice wrote:No, he wasn't. Not that it makes any difference if that was the intent.

"We've actually never seen real Jedi at work, we've only seen crippled half-droid half-men and young boys that have learned from these old people. So to see a Jedi in his prime fighting in the prime of the Jedi, I want it to be a much more energetic and faster version of what we've been doing"- George Lucas, Star Wars Episode I: Fights Featurette, 1999.

Point is, intent is subjet to being retconned, and it's not always a bad idea.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 27th 2019, 7:08 pm
Lucas also once said that Yoda wasn't a Jedi anymore. Guess that supersedes everything that came after, then.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 31st 2019, 12:02 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:there are two more. one of them is from the fallen order game that calls him the strongest sith in the galaxy, and the most dangerous being alive is from that comic in which he is being hunted by the cyborg guy
Vader vs Yoda - Page 5 7194595-vader%20in%20fallen%20jedi

i finally found it here yo go all hail Lord Vader
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

December 31st 2019, 5:07 am
BreakofDawn wrote:
Post your link then because the words directly describe Vader monologuing to Luke after Luke was beaten. I'd be curious to see all the parts where Vader was talking about overthrowing Sheev though to see what one matches up best.

"And this where Vader reveals..."

I don't have a link, lol. It's an audio file I downloaded before it was taken down from Youtube. Name is Star Wars - Episode V - Empire Strikes Back (1980) - 2004 DVD Commentary with executive producer George Lucas, director Irvin Kershner, sound designer Ben Burrt, VFX supervisor Dennis Muren and actor Carrie Fisher.

Backing of the video (just like the one posted above) has the scene playing and Lucas watching it and describing what's happening. The audio has the two fighting in the back, with Lucas saying the above just as Vader emerges and begins driving Luke back. It starts with the beginning of the fight and concludes as Vader cuts off Luke's hand.

The audio overlap is not necessarily what's on-screen. Sometimes they'll put the commentary before or after a scene if a more interesting commentary is made over it. Gillard talks about Anakin and Obi-Wan's relative fighting skills as Palpatine reveals himself to Anakin in ROTS because there's other commentary overlaying Mustafar.

BreakofDawn wrote:Lucas also once said that Yoda wasn't a Jedi anymore. Guess that supersedes everything that came after, then.

Lucas has since said Yoda is a Jedi.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 31st 2019, 9:37 am
The audio overlap is not necessarily what's on-screen. Sometimes they'll put the commentary before or after a scene if a more interesting commentary is made over it. Gillard talks about Anakin and Obi-Wan's relative fighting skills as Palpatine reveals himself to Anakin in ROTS because there's other commentary overlaying Mustafar.
True, but I'm taking into account Kershner's commentary as well.

Lucas has since said Yoda is a Jedi.

That was my point. Not everything Lucas said in the planning phases was meant to be taken as binding if it's not directly tied to the story. If it were, Yoda wouldn't be a Jedi, Sidious wouldn't use a lightsaber, etc.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 1st 2020, 9:17 pm
Just to reaffirm, Vader has been both stated and shown to be scared of Sidious, and Sidious himself was confident he could kill Vader if he had to. That automatically puts Vader < Yoda, who also has better TK feats than him even before ROTS.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 1st 2020, 9:33 pm
I mean, we don't know if rots God= rotj God
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 1st 2020, 9:42 pm
He obviously didn't decline, so it doesn't matter. ROTS Az's wet dream > Vader.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 1st 2020, 9:47 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:He obviously didn't decline, so it doesn't matter. ROTS Az's wet dream > Vader.
Wet dream?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 1st 2020, 9:49 pm
i meant to say that if ROTJ sid > ROTS sid, then ROTJ sid being solidly above Vader doent mean that ROTS sid is also that much above sid.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 1st 2020, 10:00 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:He obviously didn't decline, so it doesn't matter. ROTS Az's wet dream > Vader.
Wet dream?
He named him God, and I got tired of correcting it.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on January 1st 2020, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 1st 2020, 10:00 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i meant to say that if ROTJ sid > ROTS sid, then ROTJ sid being solidly above Vader doent mean that ROTS sid is also that much above sid.
It was ROTS God that's confirmed to be > Vader, not ROTJ.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 1st 2020, 10:03 pm
which vader? cuz like, the novel takes place about 20 years before his prime or so.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 1st 2020, 10:04 pm
Which novel?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 1st 2020, 10:09 pm
kark, i forgot the name. maybe rise of the sith? hmm dark lord of the sith? im talking about the canon one in which Vader and God have that little adventure against the carapaced aliens, and the have a queen which has really fast tentacles.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 1st 2020, 10:10 pm
Sidious was holding back in that novel to test Vader.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 1st 2020, 10:11 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:kark, i forgot the name. maybe rise of the sith? hmm dark lord of the sith? im talking about the canon one in which Vader and God have that little adventure against the carapaced aliens, and the have a queen which has really fast tentacles.
Lords of the Sith novel
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 1st 2020, 10:12 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Sidious was holding back in that novel to test Vader.
Vader in that novel is a beast
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 1st 2020, 11:03 pm
I know, but that is not ROTs sids, nor is that prime Vader. i have never seen ROTS sids being compared to prime Vader
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 6th 2020, 1:14 pm
Yoda is simply too fast and has much more Force power.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum