Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mr dinky
mr dinky

Revan vs Darth Maul - Page 6 Empty Re: Revan vs Darth Maul

January 12th 2020, 2:59 pm
rule of two sith have nothing on dominating the star forge or dominating minds of rataka or dominating minds of trillions all are nothing maul has been able to achieve and he gets bested by kenobi in tpm who is not really that good compared to beating on malak 8 times over and comparing to darth vitiate and resisting his lightning something that maul has never been able to complete
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:02 pm
We don't need context for it, it's pretty simple. The clone saying that Vader ragdolled two ships wasn't necessarily there when said event (or lack of said event) took place. It's fairly obvious what Khem is saying here. 

Az summed it up. We have zero context. It's like saying Galen yanked down that star destroyer, when there was heavy context involved.

Mace claims that he, along with several other council members could not do it. I don't care how much he underestimates himself, but a feat such as that (especially given cross-era scaling via superiority) shouldn't be vastly beyond him (and a host of others) if he's as high as you've claimed (> KFV).

Mate, he claims within the same feat that five Yodas only might be able to do it. He's pretty clearly a crappy source. 

@Mr Dinky Can you stop spamming that? We saw it the first time. I've already pointed out flaws in half of it.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Maks Leem wrote:Maul thinking that he can collapse massive barracks isn’t proof that Maul can collapse massive barracks

Its circuitous innards exposed, the combat vibroblade rested on a low table, alongside a small tool kit. Electrodriver in hand, Maul was working feverishly on the knife’s ultrasonic vibration generator, intent on overriding the built-in arrestor to supply the blade with greater slashing power. If he wasn’t permitted to use the Force, then he would use everything short of it to satisfy the rage inside him; to gut every living thing he encountered during the coming Gora solo. Bathe in the blood he would shed, feast on warm flesh… Merely imagining it set his fingers trembling, and abruptly the tool slipped from its tenuous hold in the socket and stabbed deeply into the palm of his opposite hand, opening a small wound and bursting the dam of his pent-up emotion. Maul’s clenched right hand slammed down on the table, shattering its surface, and the vibroblade took flight, nearly impaling itself in his head. Straightening, he bared his filed teeth and tensed his body, close to loosing a scream that would have brought the barracks down around him.

Star Wars: Restraint

The text seems to be from a third person perspective, not Maul's own. "...that would have brought the barracks down around him" seems to convey what would factually happen, not what Maul thinks would happen.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

In the same book where Mace says he can’t lift a train, Anakin spends pages running from one of those small-ass spider droids. Luceno’s a lot more grounded in his portrayal of the Force, and I would personally (partially) discount a lot of the character showings in favour of more favourable feats.
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 3:04 pm
too bad authors intent doesnt matter
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:11 pm
The people who wrote the source material don't matter. What they intended when they wrote it shouldn't be considered. Thanks, very cool!
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 3:11 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:The people who wrote the source material don't matter. What they intended when they wrote it shouldn't be considered. Thanks, very cool!
yes thats what i said
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:13 pm
My response was sarcastic.

Revan vs Darth Maul - Page 6 3363707401
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:15 pm
You heard it from Dinky, folks. Lucas' intent meant nothing when writing Star Wars.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 3:15 pm
@BoD Btw, would you be interested in a canon SS since you’re the only one here that really does that?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:18 pm
Would depend on the pairing but yes, I would be.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 3:20 pm
Cool, I was looking for something with Cal, Maul, Dooku, or Kenobi, let me know in the SS thread or PM if that works. Thanks.
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 3:21 pm
BoD wrote:You heard it from Dinky, folks. Lucas' intent meant nothing when writing Star Wars.

i am talking about luceno please read my post next time
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:23 pm
Author intent is always relevant if it lines up with continuity and what they've written. Some material, such as The Courtship of Princess Leia, Dark Empire, etc. was written in close collaboration with Lucas, so it of course applies. Luceno's case is not intent, just narrative style. You should learn the difference.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 3:23 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:Well, Malak’s own feat of throwing a person miles is pretty impressive, Kun’s derriphan thing as well impressed me (I know he was amped by Yavin, but still).

That's not impressive at all. And the guy wasn't thrown "miles" as far as I'm aware.

Kun lifting the Corsair may not even have been done through TK, and even if it was, we have no idea of the amount of effort it took. He could have been sitting in deep meditation for hours to get it above the planet's surface. And as you mention, he was amped by Yavin's nexus regardless.

Nothing you've mentioned remotely proves Kun, Malak, or Revan can collapse a massive barracks.
I mean, you technically can scale Revan off of Nihilus' Ravager feat, but nonetheless it doesn't matter. TK to TP is a stupid comparison, and most of the feats I put far beyond Maul are TP.

Proof Revan scales above Nihilus's Ravager feat?

And if you admit TP to TK is a dumb comparison, do you still maintain Star Forge scaling puts Revan above Maul?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:24 pm
@IG (Exists) You might want to use this:

Revan vs Darth Maul - Page 6 07wmt-10
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 3:25 pm
@Azronger There’s a difference between technically being able to and actually doing it. I said that comparing TK to TP was dumb, but the TP feats I’m scaling Revan beyond are things I doubt maul could replicate.
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 3:26 pm
BoD wrote:Author intent is always relevant if it lines up with continuity and what they've written. Some material, such as The Courtship of Princess Leia, Dark Empire, etc. was written in close collaboration with Lucas, so it of course applies. Luceno's case is not intent, just narrative style. You should learn the difference.
i mean you are just arguing holistics now and if that were the case some characters would be ranked way higher based on holistics alone
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:29 pm
They're important distinctions, and that's not remotely true.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 12th 2020, 3:29 pm
im sorry, but i dont follow this convo. can someone summarize what's happening here? im somewhat confused
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 3:30 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:@Azronger There’s a difference between technically being able to and actually doing it. I said that comparing TK to TP was dumb, but the TP feats I’m scaling Revan beyond are things I doubt maul could replicate.

I agree - Maul is not that good with TP. However, he is very good with other abilities. So my question remains: do you still maintain Star Forge scaling alone puts KotOR Revan above Maul, combatively?

And you didn't answer my question about Nihilus.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 3:31 pm
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:@Azronger There’s a difference between technically being able to and actually doing it. I said that comparing TK to TP was dumb, but the TP feats I’m scaling Revan beyond are things I doubt maul could replicate.

I agree - Maul is not that good with TP. However, he is very good with other abilities. So my question remains: do you still maintain Star Forge scaling alone puts KotOR Revan above Maul?

And you didn't answer my question about Nihilus.
I mean, personally I maintain it, but the general idea here is that I'm not going to win a debate with you on this because you're much, much better than me as a debater. And Nihilus is the Meetra accolade
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

January 12th 2020, 3:31 pm
Why is it about winning?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 3:32 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:You can scale Maul off Starkiller's environmental feats regardless, so I don't find Tulak's ship feat to be particularly noteworthy.

Which TFU feats does Maul scale from in your opinion?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 3:32 pm
Azronger wrote:
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:You can scale Maul off Starkiller's environmental feats regardless, so I don't find Tulak's ship feat to be particularly noteworthy.

Which TFU feats does Maul scale from in your opinion?
He's using resurrection I think.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum