Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

The Rise of Skywalker vs. Dark Empire Empty The Rise of Skywalker vs. Dark Empire

December 17th 2019, 3:15 pm
Which story did you like more? Which story handled the Emperor's rebirth better?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

The Rise of Skywalker vs. Dark Empire Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker vs. Dark Empire

December 17th 2019, 3:24 pm
Easily DE, even though it was bad, much better than the SJW kriff that the sequels are
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

The Rise of Skywalker vs. Dark Empire Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker vs. Dark Empire

December 17th 2019, 3:25 pm
Haven't seen it yet. Will answer on Saturday.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

December 17th 2019, 5:00 pm
IdrisianGraecus wrote:Easily DE, even though it was bad, much better than the SJW kriff that the sequels are
TROS hasn’t even come out yet Eugene don’t you think it’s a bit premature to make a conclusion
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 17th 2019, 5:02 pm
Maks Leem wrote:
IdrisianGraecus wrote:Easily DE, even though it was bad, much better than the SJW kriff that the sequels are
TROS hasn’t even come out yet Eugene don’t you think it’s a bit premature to make a conclusion
Tbf, they have a proven track record.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

December 17th 2019, 5:04 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
A track record of being amazingly powerful, well-written & original masterpieces you mean? The Rise of Skywalker vs. Dark Empire 3344068304
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 17th 2019, 5:12 pm
Maks Leem wrote:A track record of being amazingly powerful, well-written & original masterpieces you mean? The Rise of Skywalker vs. Dark Empire 3344068304
Begone from this board with that optimism.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 17th 2019, 6:12 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Haven't seen it yet. Will answer on Saturday.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 18th 2019, 1:31 pm
Maks Leem wrote:

It's out in a great number of locations around the world.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 18th 2019, 1:35 pm
As for my own opinion, the sequel trilogy makes the DE trilogy look like all-time classics by comparison. At least with DE, the Emperor's return had thematic heft. Here he came back just to have his lightning reflected and explode.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

December 19th 2019, 7:32 pm
DE, definitely
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 19th 2019, 7:47 pm
Azronger wrote:As for my own opinion, the sequel trilogy makes the DE trilogy look like all-time classics by comparison. At least with DE, the Emperor's return had thematic heft. Here he came back just to have his lightning reflected and explode.
"Why are you shocking yourself? Why are you shocking yourself?"

Palpatine continues to scream like a laserbrain and forgets how to turn off the power.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 19th 2019, 11:54 pm
Will answer on Saturday.
Gianfi
Gianfi

December 20th 2019, 1:46 pm
The movie easily
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 20th 2019, 2:38 pm
Why?

Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

December 20th 2019, 2:46 pm
Obviously DE. The protagonist has a hell of a lot more character development, and Sidious’ motives and plans are fleshed out and work thematically. In TROS, palpatine was shoved in because of the hatchet job Rian Johnson did.
TenebrousWay
TenebrousWay

December 20th 2019, 4:03 pm
Dark Empire is a pinnacle of story telling if compared to the garbage I've just watched.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 20th 2019, 4:23 pm
DE, 100%. this movie had a looot of potential imo, but it failed badly.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

December 20th 2019, 4:54 pm
If we're talking the DE trilogy, the movie stomps.
darthbane77
darthbane77

December 20th 2019, 5:34 pm
I liked the movie well enough, it was as good as it could have been, given the circumstances.

Dark Empire is still much better though.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 20th 2019, 5:35 pm
Hearing DE was better than another anticipated Star Wars work will never cease to surprise me.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 20th 2019, 8:05 pm
Rise of Skywalker is a an absolute disaster and I'd rather have my penis chopped off instead of rewatching it.

December 20th 2019, 8:14 pm
I'll let y'all know my thoughts tomorrow. Mad hyped for it tbh (even though it'll probably suck based on the leaks).
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 20th 2019, 8:21 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Rise of Skywalker is a an absolute disaster and I'd rather have my penis chopped off instead of rewatching it.
I mean, the Force is female so it'd be a good start to understanding it.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

December 21st 2019, 4:58 am
Mediocre as ROS is, it's still far better than the DE trilogy. The movie had some great payoffs and visual storytelling, such as
spoilers:
  It's also more respectful to the legacy of Anakin and Luke,
spoilers:

Of course, ROS also has its fair share of silly moments, just not on the level of DE. Luke turning to the dark side, defeating the Emperor's last clone only for there to be another, baby Anakin Solo being then the only workable body for him and the Emperor getting killed by Han are all d*mber plot points than anything from the movie.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum