Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Haggis
Haggis

Remastered Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: Remastered Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader

May 9th 2019, 3:48 pm
SithSauce wrote: Lucas only came up with this "Shadows of their youth" excuse just because the OT duels weren't as advanced as the PT duels due to lack of technology back then. If he made the OT with all the technology he had for the Prequels, the fight between Old Ben and Vader would have certainly been more akin to this "remastered" version.

I think this fighting style does suit Vader. Not sure what the issue is? It's not like he is doing back flips like Darth Maul, he is hammering his oponent with his saber, which is what Vader's style is all about. I think the punching part was a bit pointless and exaggerated, but that's my only complaint with the video.

Lucas' reasons are irrelevant, it is still a thematic aspect.

Vader doesn't typically do random twirls and spins like he seems to here. It isn't his MO, just because they got the strength part correct doesn't translate to the entire interpretation being apt.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Remastered Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: Remastered Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader

May 9th 2019, 11:44 pm
Did you ever see Tfu or Esb? He performs flouishes all the time
dark-sith123
dark-sith123

May 10th 2019, 9:16 pm
Loved it. Much better than the actual thing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum