Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Interesting quote on DE Sidious and Force Storms (from Tom Veitch) Empty Interesting quote on DE Sidious and Force Storms (from Tom Veitch)

November 23rd 2019, 7:38 pm
The World Devastators innovated and re-introduced the concept of super-weapons in Star Wars. Then came the Galaxy Gun in Dark Empire II and Empire's End.  Is it Palpatine’s lack of confidence in the power of the dark side even though he is able to create his powerful Force Storms? Or perhaps is it an unhealthy obsession with demonstrating the military might of his regime?
TOM: The super-weapons are there for visual and cinematic reasons...and to give Cam a chance to show his stuff. Also, they answer the question, "What would the Empire build after the Death Star?” The idea of a "galaxy gun" was something that seemed inevitable to me, considering the reality of hyperspace. I was pleased they picked it up for THE FORCE AWAKENS, although they fumbled the concept in a major way, imho.
Note on "Force Storms": The Emperor can't create Force Storms at will. They are in fact a phenomenon that occurs rarely, when the minds of two great Force users meet and struggle with each other at a distance.
Based on Veitch's claims, it sounds like something he can only do under very specific circumstances and it requires another powerful Force user opposing him to cause it.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Interesting quote on DE Sidious and Force Storms (from Tom Veitch) Empty Re: Interesting quote on DE Sidious and Force Storms (from Tom Veitch)

November 23rd 2019, 8:23 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Not to shoot you in the foot but this has been known for years. The Sheevites did their utmost best to destroy its existence.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Interesting quote on DE Sidious and Force Storms (from Tom Veitch) Empty Re: Interesting quote on DE Sidious and Force Storms (from Tom Veitch)

November 23rd 2019, 8:39 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
wait, wtf? so sheev cant even use that power when he wants... wow, bruh
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 23rd 2019, 10:01 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:Not to shoot you in the foot but this has been known for years. The Sheevites did their utmost best to destroy its existence.
I know. It's so it can be used as a point of reference whenever our god DE Sidious can apparently stomp whomever he wants.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 23rd 2019, 10:28 pm
i mean, even ROTJ sheev>>> pretty much 90% of the verse hahaha, so i doubt it matters lol
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 24th 2019, 10:08 am
This is nothing new, yeah. But like all author statements, I don't give it any weight. The actual source material portrays a very different picture.

Level Three
Level Three

December 3rd 2019, 7:19 pm
bump, just cuz i like seeing new shit, so if someone finds something cool that's 'new' posting it here would be quite nice hahaha
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

January 28th 2020, 12:46 pm
Star Wars Legends Feats happened because of Nexuses, Amps, artifacts, super weapons and special circumstances. This doesn't surprise me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum