Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LOTL

Can Dooku stomp Vader? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Dooku stomp Vader?

September 30th 2019, 5:22 pm
StrangerThingsFan77 wrote:It's clear narratively that Kenobi was nothing to Dooku, and that Anakin is the only one who had a shot of beating him.

Authorial intent lol. This is your best argument?

September 30th 2019, 5:29 pm
@LOTL

Great, you selected one part of my post to nitpick and ignored the rest. This is your best argument?
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

September 30th 2019, 5:31 pm
StrangerThingsFan77 wrote:Why only "slightly"? As soon as Dooku decided to take things seriously and remove Kenobi from the equation Kenobi got TKd twice in a short space of time. And in the second scenario, Dooku was extremely disadvantaged. What's the argument against this exactly? That Kenobi didn't raise a Force defence in time, and that in an "accurate" representation of their abilities he "stonewalled" Dooku (if you can even call that section of the fight a stonewall)? Give me a fucking break. It's clear narratively that Kenobi was nothing to Dooku, and that Anakin is the only one who had a shot of beating him.

I was specifically referring to how they compare in duelling. What’s your problem with me? This is the first time I compared them in this forum.
LOTL

September 30th 2019, 5:34 pm
StrangerThingsFan77 wrote:@LOTL

Great, you selected one part of my post to nitpick and ignored the rest. This is your best argument?

I ignored the rest because it is you whining. The whining leads to this and probably the next step is you trying to squirm your way out trying to prove that Kenobi had the best, most powerful "cocoon" on that Dooku ripped through, surprising though it will be because not even you would try to argue something like that today in the current methodology with the clear evidence unless you wanted to lose your credibility

Without that the only thing you are left with is this rant on authorial intent as an argument
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 30th 2019, 5:45 pm
Yeh Dooku is far above IH Kenobi in power

September 30th 2019, 5:51 pm
@Latham2000

I was specifically referring to how they compare in duelling. What’s your problem with me? This is the first time I compared them in this forum.

1. You didn't specify duelling, your comment was a general statement comparing them and I took it as such.

2. For the sake of argument if Dooku exceeds Kenobi in power to a vast degree then he definitely has far greater augmentation meaning the only way Kenobi could compete would be through technical skill. Spoilers btw:

Spoiler:

Feel free to provide one if you disagree though.

3. I don't have a problem with you, what on earth gave you that impression?

@LOTL

I ignored the rest because it is you whining. The whining leads to this and probably the next step is you trying to squirm your way out trying to prove that Kenobi had the best, most powerful "cocoon" on that Dooku ripped through, surprising though it will be because not even you would try to argue something like that today unless you wanted to lose your credibility

Can Dooku stomp Vader? - Page 2 Contro10

Anyway, to address your actual statement, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed. In not one of our discussions regarding Dooku vs Kenobi have I argued "Kenobi had the best, most powerful "cocoon" on that Dooku ripped through," but rather I've argued Dooku hitting Kenobi with TK while extremely disadvantaged proves he's far faster and more skilled. I haven't tried to argue something like that not because I think I'll lose my credibility if I do (as if I care about my credibility on an online forum lmao), but because I don't believe it to be true. Really LOTL, stop dodging and pulling off a sloppy strawmann to try to save face, it just makes you look worse. Address the topic at hand.

Without that the only thing you are left with is this rant on authorial intent as any kind of argument

Except my argument isn't based upon appealing to some vague authorial intent, it's about proving the events within the story show the authorial intent. This idea is a concept that is present in all works of fiction (the intent of the guy it was written by is reflected in the story, duh), so I have no clue why you're being so picky about this particular point.

September 30th 2019, 5:56 pm
SithSauce wrote:Yeh Dooku is far above IH Kenobi in power

Can Dooku stomp Vader? - Page 2 1289255181 Be it in comparisons of power or skill Dooku always comes out looking far better.
LOTL

September 30th 2019, 6:05 pm
but rather I've argued Dooku hitting Kenobi with TK while extremely disadvantaged proves he's far faster and more skilled

This is even worse lol

Try not to post passages that have only one relevant line next time

September 30th 2019, 6:13 pm
@LOTL

This is even worse lol

Great work LOTL. I like how you methodically debunked my arguments at every stage, I'm gonna have to concede.

I'd argue my paragraph on authorial intent was valid and relevant given that it was your original point of contention (which you've now apparently dropped). Plus, that massive passage was necessary to prove your dishonesty Can Dooku stomp Vader? - Page 2 4233314142, and to really emphasise the point that we need to stay on-topic.

Also, who are you to complain about people writing out essays that only contain one relevant line when you do the exact same thing?
LOTL

September 30th 2019, 6:27 pm
StrangerThingsFan77 wrote:@LOTL

This is even worse lol

Great work LOTL. I like how you methodically debunked my arguments at every stage, I'm gonna have to concede.

I'd argue my paragraph on authorial intent was valid and relevant given that it was your original point of contention (which you've now apparently dropped). Plus, that massive passage was necessary to prove your dishonesty  Can Dooku stomp Vader? - Page 2 4233314142 , and to really emphasise the point that we need to stay on-topic.

Also, who are you to complain about people writing out essays that only contain one relevant line when you do the exact same thing?

Lol. The original point of contention was you "probably" making some lame argument, that, now that I pointed it out, obviously is not going to happen. It was preemptively nipping a bad argument in the bud. Now I may not be The Mentalist but dishonestly is a word that is not used to describe this scenario

Please educate yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dishonesty

Lastly, till you deliberately provoked me to, with this post that is a clear attempt at bait, I was posting single lines putting my incredulity out for some tired, worn out Dooku supporting arguments that have long been brushed aside both actually and preemptively

You know that we have a CaV on this topic right? Also the numerous indications on Discord that I am generally busy? Your anxiety to lower Dooku will have to wait. I am simply ensuring that the BS argument of cocoons isn't prevalent so that I can plan the response to your 5 points accordingly

September 30th 2019, 6:58 pm
@LOTL

Lol. The original point of contention was you "probably" making some lame argument, that, now that I pointed it out, obviously is not going to happen.

My statement: "In not one of our discussions regarding Dooku vs Kenobi have I argued "Kenobi had the best, most powerful "cocoon" on that Dooku ripped through." You've yet to actually explain why it is "probable" that I'd argue that when I haven't done so in any of our previous discussions and have even agreed with you on the subject!

It was preemptively nipping a bad argument in the bud.

So you wasted an entire paragraph responding to an argument I've never made, all as some form of a pre-emptive counter...?

Now I may not be The Mentalist but dishonestly is a word that is not used to describe this scenario

Please educate yourself

That link you posted here says: "Or being deliberately deceptive." I'd argue you're being "deliberately deceptive" by saying that I was likely to make the argument mentioned in previous posts and literally writing an entire paragraph mocking it to make yourself look better when I've never once made that argument in any of our several discussions on Dooku vs Kenobi.

Lastly, till you deliberately provoked me to, with this post that is a clear attempt at bait,

Imagine trying to provoke discussion on a forum that literally has the tag line: "Discussion board for Star Wars versus matchups and related topics."

I was posting single lines putting my incredulity out for some tired, worn out Dooku supporting arguments that have long been brushed aside both actually and preemptively

Single lines...

I ignored the rest because it is you whining. The whining leads to this and probably the next step is you trying to squirm your way out trying to prove that Kenobi had the best, most powerful "cocoon" on that Dooku ripped through, surprising though it will be because not even you would try to argue something like that today in the current methodology with the clear evidence unless you wanted to lose your credibility

Without that the only thing you are left with is this rant on authorial intent as an argument

Right.

You know that we have a CaV on this topic right?

Yes, and I'm sure you're certainly going to respond to that.

Also the numerous indications on Discord that I am generally busy?

Yes.

Your anxiety to lower Dooku will have to wait.

Sad!  Can Dooku stomp Vader? - Page 2 1648373583

Also, you still haven't responded to the main topic of contention (the authorial intent argument), so I'm assuming that's a concession then.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 1st 2019, 2:45 am
Dooku comes out looking better in skill because Kenobi isn’t a skill-based fighter
DarthMaul1999
DarthMaul1999

October 5th 2019, 4:00 pm
No he isn’t. He already beat him when he was Anakin, and LotS confirms that Vader is stronger than Anakin.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

October 5th 2019, 4:14 pm
Marco1997 wrote:No he isn’t. He already beat him when he was Anakin, and LotS confirms that Vader is stronger than Anakin.

This thread is Legends-centric. Note all threads are to be taken as Legends-only in the Legends sub-forum.
DarthMaul1999
DarthMaul1999

October 5th 2019, 4:19 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Marco1997 wrote:No he isn’t. He already beat him when he was Anakin, and LotS confirms that Vader is stronger than Anakin.

This thread is Legends-centric. Note all threads are to be taken as Legends-only in the Legends sub-forum.

Ah I see.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum