Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

TFU 1 Galen Marek vs Count Dooku - Page 2 Empty Re: TFU 1 Galen Marek vs Count Dooku

June 27th 2019, 11:33 am
Not the quote I was referring to... In fact, it basically states the opposite.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

TFU 1 Galen Marek vs Count Dooku - Page 2 Empty Re: TFU 1 Galen Marek vs Count Dooku

June 27th 2019, 11:44 am
Anyway, I forget the quote off the top of my head but I can go hunting later if you'd like.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 27th 2019, 11:45 am
Appo wrote:Dooku destroys without effort, just like Plagueis would.

Reasons for Dooku winning?
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

July 31st 2019, 5:07 pm
Very interesting arguments made so far. Will need to see more before I come to my own totally original conclusion.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

July 31st 2019, 5:13 pm
Leaning Galen. Open to be convinced that Dooku can win though.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

July 31st 2019, 5:15 pm
Galen.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

July 31st 2019, 5:46 pm
Dooku laughs
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

July 31st 2019, 5:48 pm
Per @LOTL Dooku is "high class comedy" while Galen is "great". I think the victor here is a forgone conclusion.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

July 31st 2019, 8:02 pm
Galen.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 5th 2019, 11:02 pm
Dooku in a great fight.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 5th 2019, 11:45 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Per @LOTL Dooku is "high class comedy" while Galen is "great". I think the victor here is a forgone conclusion.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 5th 2019, 11:56 pm
Lmao.

Anyway, Galen wins though it's a very close fight.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

August 6th 2019, 12:17 am
Dooku zaps and overwhelms SK. There is no lightsaber duel.
LOTL

August 6th 2019, 12:28 am
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Per @LOTL Dooku is "high class comedy" while Galen is "great". I think the victor here is a forgone conclusion.

Let's not resort to cheap tactics
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 6th 2019, 12:38 am
Just my idea of a bit of fun LOTL.

TFU 1 Galen Marek vs Count Dooku - Page 2 228124001

Getting touchy isn't a requirement.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

August 7th 2019, 10:44 pm
Dunno. On one hand, Dooku would duel Marek under a table. On the other, Galen is someone who's Force potential dwarfs The Count and actualized power is a few notches past Tyranus' too.

It comes down to if Dooku can overwhelm him in sabers before Galen starts spamming pushes, pulls, repulses and lightning like crazy.
MP

August 7th 2019, 10:47 pm
Meatpants wrote:Dooku zaps and overwhelms SK. There is no lightsaber duel.

Still undeniably this ^
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 7th 2019, 10:53 pm
Deronn_Solo wrote:Dunno. On one hand, Dooku would duel Marek under a table. On the other, Galen is someone who's Force potential dwarfs The Count and actualized power is a few notches past Tyranus' too.

It comes down to if Dooku can overwhelm him in sabers before Galen starts spamming pushes, pulls, repulses and lightning like crazy.

TFU 1 Galen Marek vs Count Dooku - Page 2 1289255181
MP

August 7th 2019, 11:03 pm
AotC Dooku's Force attacks are so potent that only someone as powerful as Yoda (possibly Windu and of course Sidious) as of AotC can survive the attack. Considering that nobody except Anakin grew to a level where they could contend, plus Dooku's own considerable growth during the CW poitns to Dooku having extremely potent power that SK is nowhere close to matching. Even if we accept that in his base state he can ragdoll TFU Vader, it doesn't change the massive power gap.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 7th 2019, 11:04 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Galen.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 7th 2019, 11:05 pm
@Meatpants

AotC Dooku's Force attacks are so potent that only someone as powerful as Yoda (possibly Windu and of course Sidious) as of AotC can survive the attack. Considering that nobody except Anakin grew to a level where they could contend, plus Dooku's own considerable growth during the CW poitns to Dooku having extremely potent power that SK is nowhere close to matching.

Refer to Ant's debunk in his SS with Az for my counter.

Even if we accept that in his base state he can ragdoll TFU Vader, it doesn't change the massive power gap.

Ragdolling TFU Vader isn't even Galen's best feat.
MP

August 7th 2019, 11:08 pm
NotAA3 wrote:Refer to Ant's debunk in his SS with Az for my counter.

Coasting off others again? I don't buy the debunk, so idc.

NotAA3 wrote:Ragdolling TFU Vader isn't even Galen's best feat.

I'd hope not, because ragdolling a tier 7 isn't impressive.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 7th 2019, 11:14 pm
@Meatpants

Coasting off others again? I don't buy the debunk, so idc.

I mean it's not really convenient for me to waste time writing out summaries for arguments that have already been made when it's just easier to link the thread. Anyway, "I don't buy the debunk" isn't a rebuttal.

I'd hope not, because ragdolling a tier 7 isn't impressive.

What's unimpressive about it? Despite Sidious being decisively better than Maul+Savage he was incapable of directly piercing Maul's defences without abusing openings. In total contrast, Galen is able to completely destroy Vader with TK establishing an utterly colossal gap between them (a gap obviously greater than the disparity between Maul and Sheev). Also, why is Vader a tier 7 iyo?
MP

August 7th 2019, 11:29 pm
NotAA3 wrote:I mean it's not really convenient for me to waste time writing out summaries for arguments that have already been made when it's just easier to link the thread. Anyway, "I don't buy the debunk" isn't a rebuttal.

Sorry, you either make the main points here or don't reply.

NotAA3 wrote:What's unimpressive about it? Despite Sidious being decisively better than Maul+Savage he was incapable of directly piercing Maul's defences without abusing openings. In total contrast, Galen is able to completely destroy Vader with TK establishing an utterly colossal gap between them (a gap obviously greater than the disparity between Maul and Sheev). Also, why is Vader a tier 7 iyo?

I mean, all-out Maul lasts about 20 seconds against a toying Sidious. There's no basis for your comparison here. Let's add onto this that TFU Vader is sub Ben Kenobi, and ESB Vader who's massively improved since ANH was given a hella good fight against ESB Luke.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 7th 2019, 11:44 pm
@Meatpants

Sorry, you either make the main points here or don't reply.

Here you go:

darthant66 wrote:The "such" in “Dark side powers enabled Sith Lord Darth Tyranus to manipulate the Force at will, hurling objects or casting devastating energy bolts. Only a Jedi Master as powerful as Yoda could survive such an attack.” refers to "hurling objects or casting devastating energy bolts,” the totality of which the source describes as “an attack.” This is reinforced by far weaker Jedi than Yoda surviving “single Force attacks from Dooku,” such as 22 BBY Anakin deflecting Dooku’s Force lightning (link) and 22 BBY Obi-Wan quickly recovering from Dooku’s telekinesis (link), despite Dooku fighting to kill. So, per the quote, only Yoda could let Dooku stand there and unleash his full potency for sixty seconds without fighting back. Mace wouldn't have to "survive such an attack" because he wouldn't let Dooku employ such a prolonged barrage. Thus, the quote doesn't place Dooku above Mace.

I mean, all-out Maul lasts about 20 seconds against a toying Sidious.

This does nothing to address my point (in fact it further strengthens it)... My point was that despite the enormous power disparity between Sidious and Maul Sidious can't breach Maul's defences mid-combat without abusing openings Maul gives him. I never claimed Maul and Sidious were close which is what you seem to be insinuating. You missed the point entirely.

There's no basis for your comparison here.

You sure about that?

Let's add onto this that TFU Vader is sub Ben Kenobi, and ESB Vader who's massively improved since ANH was given a hella good fight against ESB Luke.

My question:

Also, why is Vader a tier 7 iyo?

What about these feats makes Vader a tier 7?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum