Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

The Grand Inquisitor VS Luminara  Empty The Grand Inquisitor VS Luminara

August 10th 2020, 10:16 pm
-Canon Only -

Bonus: Duo unites to fight Savage Opress. The Grand Inquisitor VS Luminara  228124001
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

The Grand Inquisitor VS Luminara  Empty Re: The Grand Inquisitor VS Luminara

August 11th 2020, 12:25 am
Luminara murders

bonus: Savage murders
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

August 11th 2020, 6:25 am
HellfireUnit wrote:Luminara murders

who has luminara fought that implies inn any capacity that she "murders"
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 11th 2020, 6:29 am
Jedi_Jesus wrote:

Ventress is more than enough
Gianfi
Gianfi

August 11th 2020, 7:33 am
Luminara and then Savage win
Caelus Pall
Caelus Pall

August 11th 2020, 9:31 am
Luminara and Savage respectively.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

August 11th 2020, 10:02 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
Jedi_Jesus wrote:

When TGI is outright COMPARED to ventress, not to mention luminara lost solidly, i find this a little amusing. What had luminara done except lose to S1 ventress solidly
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 11th 2020, 10:22 am
Jedi_Jesus wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:
Jedi_Jesus wrote:

When TGI is outright COMPARED to ventress, not to mention luminara lost solidly, i find this a little amusing. What had luminara done except lose to S1 ventress solidly

I don't remember Luminara losing instead stalemating while having an obscured vision. Also does the quote compare them as in skill or power, or as in position at their respective faction?

Aside from that, GI being oneshot by Vader is laughable. GI's performance against Nu is lame and I haven't seen anything notable from him at all. Early Ventress still goes toe to toe with Anakin and Obi-Wan.

But I might change my opinion and think perhaps he may be as impressive as Ferren Barr.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

August 11th 2020, 10:25 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
Jedi_Jesus wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:
Jedi_Jesus wrote:

I don't remember Luminara losing instead stalemating while with an obscured vision. Also does the quote compare them as in skill or power, or as their position for their respective allegiance to the factions?

Aside from that, GI being oneshot by Vader is laughable. GI's performance against Nu is lame and I haven't seen anything notable from him at all. Early Ventress still goes toe to toe with Anakin and Obi-Wan.

But I might change my opinion and think he may be as impressive as Ferren Barr.

Obscure vision that ventress caused, which is something everyone seems to look past. Then she started losing afterwards until S1 tano intervened, which should also speak to how low level of a duelist ventress was at the time. (Tano at the time was struggling against two managuards weeks prior)  

Vader "oneshotting" tgi isn't exactly what happened either, as much as it was vader testing his suit and then exploiting the weakness in the saber that kanan later did. Up until that point, TGI thought he was winning that battle, and we see vader get tagged.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

August 11th 2020, 10:26 am
I missed your other portion, sorry. Im 90% sure that its a comparison quote,  with TGI simply being noted as "just a little weaker" or something to that effect.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

August 11th 2020, 10:38 am
Luminara beats the power trash Inquisitor.
Savage for the bonus.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 11th 2020, 10:47 am
Jedi_Jesus wrote:Obscure vision that ventress caused, which is something everyone seems to look past. Then she started losing afterwards until S1 tano intervened, which should also speak to how low level of a duelist ventress was at the time. (Tano at the time was struggling against two managuards weeks prior) 

Ventress sneak attacked Luminara while she was off-guard and still she was fast enough to activate her lightsaber and dodge the attack, which is why only Ventress was able to semi blind her. They were evenly matched and both couldn't overpower the other even in a Force Push contest.

I don't see any relevance for Ahsoka's interference. Ventress was mid-air and was completely defenseless which is why Ahsoka was able to push her back.

Jedi_Jesus wrote:Vader "oneshotting" tgi isn't exactly what happened either, as much as it was vader testing his suit and then exploiting the weakness in the saber that kanan later did. Up until that point, TGI thought he was winning that battle, and we see vader get tagged.

Well, GI couldn't touch Vader at all. He attacked suddenly and Vader overpowered him effortlessly. It is pretty much obvious that Vader made adjustments to his suit and was testing how it operates which is why he wasn't inteding to hurt or kill GI at all. GI's point of view means nothing since he was being delusional and claiming "I am too powerful for you." Despite him holding back and was barely trying to defend GI's attack, Vader absolutely stomped him. If he was willing, he could simply end the duel the moment he caught GI with the Force at the beginning. I don't see GI's performance being as impressive as Ferren Barr who was a mere Padawan.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 11th 2020, 10:54 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Also, I am not going to mention his performance against a tortured, noob Kanan who was distracted by Ezra's presence aswell. Still he fought evenly, gained upper hand in a bladelock once and defeated GI, who at the time should be experienced enough not to fall for that trick again. Even without it, Kanan fought evenly and GI was frustrated. So yeah, Seturna's right. GI is mega trash.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

August 14th 2020, 11:14 am
The only thing that saves it for the GI here is that Luminara isn't notably aggressive so she won't immediately steamroll him. It's still onesided for her though.
Bergmar
Bergmar

August 19th 2020, 7:12 am
1. Luminara

2. Duo
Foxtrot Jay 16
Foxtrot Jay 16

August 20th 2020, 3:07 pm
The Grand Inquisitor he is comparable to Ventress according to Filoni and is said to be able to give maul or Ashoka a decent fight. he stomps Luminara tbh.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 20th 2020, 4:12 pm
Foxtrot Jay 16 wrote:The Grand Inquisitor he is comparable to Ventress according to Filoni and is said to be able to give maul or Ashoka a decent fight. he stomps Luminara tbh.

Struggles against Jocasta Nu despite being at advantage, gets cucked by Padawan Kanan but sure, he'll give a fight to Ventress or Maul.
BigMouthPrick
BigMouthPrick

August 20th 2020, 4:38 pm
Luminara is more than a match for GI/Ventress skillwise but her weakness was that she's too orthodox and can't play dirty. Environmental circumstances aside, Luminara but it's not a stomp. Savage then murders both.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

August 20th 2020, 6:03 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:
Foxtrot Jay 16 wrote:The Grand Inquisitor he is comparable to Ventress according to Filoni and is said to be able to give maul or Ashoka a decent fight. he stomps Luminara tbh.

Struggles against Jocasta Nu despite being at advantage, gets cucked by Padawan Kanan but sure, he'll give a fight to Ventress or Maul.
He didn't struggle against Jocasta Nu. He was practically laughing his head off while stomping her. He only "struggled" when Vader intervened to save Jocasta for his own personal goals.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 20th 2020, 6:37 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:

He didn't struggle against Jocasta Nu. He was practically laughing his head off while stomping her. He only "struggled" when Vader intervened to save Jocasta for his own personal goals.

Except he did.

The Grand Inquisitor VS Luminara  Nu_vs_10
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 20th 2020, 6:38 pm
Not to mention that Jocasta was unstable and in a shocked state. Aside from that, she was still able to evenly match GI despite the latter attacking her suddenly while she was distracted.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

August 20th 2020, 8:46 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Not to mention that Jocasta was unstable and in a shocked state. Aside from that, she was still able to evenly match GI despite the latter attacking her suddenly while she was distracted.
Jocasta wasn't  wasn't "unstable and in a shocked state." She was on a mission to restore the Jedi Order, and seemed pretty dedicated to the cause. He didn't attack her "suddenly while she was distracted." She had a lightsaber to his throat when he attacked, and had just threatened to give him a traitor's end. She was just as prepared for combat as he was, and he was actually attacking from a position of disadvantage, given that she had a sword to his throat and his hands weren't yet on his lightsaber the panel before he launched his attack.

And yes, Jocasta Nu landed one Force push on the Grand Inquisitor while he was busy monologuing. Before that point, all she had been able to do was leap away from him constantly, and in the two panels or so where they crossed blades, he had the clear advantage. That doesn't imply he struggled with her in the fight. After she Force pushes him, he stands up and almost casually defeats her in a single page of combat, while boasting about how easy it is and how it feels better than he ever imagined to have the chance to kill her. 

Jocasta's single Force push on the Grand Inquisitor doesn't imply she was an "even match" for him. The Inquisitor had an obvious advantage in sabers, and recovered almost instantly from the Force push with no visible injury, before proceeding to absolutely demolish her in three panels.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

August 21st 2020, 7:54 pm
Not to mention Force walls in canon don't mean fuck. 

Kanan and Ezra pushing Vader.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

August 21st 2020, 11:14 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:Not to mention Force walls in canon don't mean fuck. 

Kanan and Ezra pushing Vader.

I thought passive Force barriers were a thing due to TLJ novel? Or was that something else?

Still though, has Luminara done anything in Canon? I only recall her fighting Ventress and....that's it.
Lord Eon
Lord Eon

August 22nd 2020, 5:49 am
Luminara
Savage
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum