Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bergmar
Bergmar

Grand Inquisitor vs Ima-Gun Di Empty Grand Inquisitor vs Ima-Gun Di

June 24th 2020, 4:56 pm
All-out
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Grand Inquisitor vs Ima-Gun Di Empty Re: Grand Inquisitor vs Ima-Gun Di

June 24th 2020, 5:14 pm
Grand Inquisitor.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

June 24th 2020, 11:23 pm
Yeah, Grand Inquisitor takes it with little difficulty. Ima-Gun Di has pretty much one showing, and that's it. And in that showing, Ima-Gun Di was killed by, what? 24 droids on screen? Of which less than half were destroyed before the Di was killed, despite the Jedi Master being backed by a team of Clones. That's a pretty pitiful performance, all things considered. 

Meanwhile, Kanan pulling out his lightsaber for the first time in 14 years was able to deflect focused fire almost indefinitely from 10 Stormtroopers and Kallus, before Kanan's noted growth throughout the first season of Rebels. Stormtroopers are factually more deadly than battle droids. The Grand Inquisitor was majorly above this early version of Kanan, as displayed in their first two duels. I have no doubt in my mind that the Grand Inquisitor could easily replicate, or more likely surpass, Ima-Gun Di's sole combat feat.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

June 25th 2020, 10:27 am
GI with literall no difficulty
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

June 25th 2020, 12:36 pm
GI might blitz
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 27th 2020, 2:54 pm
Di gets his arse kicked.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

June 27th 2020, 5:14 pm
Can I be honest? It's nice seeing the Grand Inquisitor getting a bit of respect finally. People accepting that he can beat (low-level) Jedi Masters, instead of locking him below Padawan-level is pretty nice. He was easily my favorite part of Rebels Season 1, and his showings are honestly pretty decent.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 27th 2020, 5:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Underachiever599 wrote:Can I be honest? It's nice seeing the Grand Inquisitor getting a bit of respect finally. People accepting that he can beat (low-level) Jedi Masters, instead of locking him below Padawan-level is pretty nice. He was easily my favorite part of Rebels Season 1, and his showings are honestly pretty decent.
Most of that came from Kanan lowballing, where people thought he was a low to mid level padawan. Now that Kanan's been raised, so has the GI.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

June 27th 2020, 5:31 pm
BoD wrote:
Underachiever599 wrote:Can I be honest? It's nice seeing the Grand Inquisitor getting a bit of respect finally. People accepting that he can beat (low-level) Jedi Masters, instead of locking him below Padawan-level is pretty nice. He was easily my favorite part of Rebels Season 1, and his showings are honestly pretty decent.
Most of that came from Kanan lowballing, where people thought he was a low to mid level padawan. Now that Kanan's been raised, so has the GI.

People accepting that kanan isn't fodder, is one of the best things to happen in recent months
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 27th 2020, 5:38 pm
Jedi_Jesus wrote:
BoD wrote:

People accepting that kanan isn't fodder, is one of the best things to happen in recent months
Agreed. The character deserved way more respect than he was getting.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

June 29th 2020, 11:06 am
In general all of the people from Rebels for the most part aren't as weak as people make them out to be. Sure they're not as good as people like Anakin, Dooku, and Mace but that's because they're Anakin, Dooku, and Mace. 

Honestly Ezra at the end of season 4 could probably take the Grand Inquisitor. During my rewatch of Rebels I realized I had forgotten how powerful Ezra is. Even before seasons's 3-4 he and Kanan use the Force a lot even by Legends standards.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum