Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

Vaylin vs Revan Empty Vaylin vs Revan

June 14th 2020, 10:04 am
Standard stuff
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Vaylin vs Revan Empty Re: Vaylin vs Revan

June 14th 2020, 10:04 am
Vaylin.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

June 14th 2020, 10:16 am
Revan
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

June 14th 2020, 10:30 am
@NotAA3
@KingOfBlades
Reasons for your claims?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

June 14th 2020, 10:48 am
vaylin
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 14th 2020, 11:06 am
Vaylin - begrudingly.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on June 14th 2020, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

June 14th 2020, 11:23 am
R e a s o n s pls
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

June 14th 2020, 12:09 pm
Can anyone present any arguments? I am actually interested in this one.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

June 14th 2020, 12:13 pm
Either way. Revan should be the superior combatant, more skilled and a better tactician than Vaylin. Vaylin is quite more powerful. This is like MFV versus MFK.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 14th 2020, 12:27 pm
I will REVISIT my Vaylin Respect Thread soon (expect significant expansion with SCALING and CONTEXT behind multiple showings). She have some mind-boggling demonstrations of raw power. Although some of her showings are much better understood in PROPER CONTEXT which comes from deep understanding of the story itself.

Isolated look at feats of certain characters is never enough - CONTEXT is important to understand what was happening.

Vaylin was the only Force-user who SPOOKED Valkorion - nobody else did (not even entities). She is implied to be substantially STRONGER than anybody else. She wasn't allowed to develop her powers in accordance with her true potential - she was heavily suppressed throughout her life, and was taken down ASAP after being unchained.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 14th 2020, 1:11 pm
...Right.

Anyway, Vaylin should win. Her noticeable power edge and skill feats against Arcann should be enough to give her the win over Revan.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 14th 2020, 1:12 pm
@Seturna

Essentially, as far as I see it, Vaylin benefits from all of the scaling Revan does (through stomping KOTET Chapter 3 Outlander and then growing far more powerful) to a greater degree alongside having incredible feats of her own. The only shot Revan has is his super unique advantages, but I'm not convinced that they'll allow him to make up the combative difference - Vaylin's just too powerful.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

June 14th 2020, 1:45 pm
Vaylin wins, but Revan can make a great fight of it depending on his tactics. I’ll make a case for her later.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 14th 2020, 2:05 pm
Vaylin is extremely talented and effective combatant as well - easily one of the very best in Legends continuity.

That she was able to overwhelm an entire battalion of Knights of Zakuul is self-explanatory in so many ways. Each Knight of Zakuul is superior to an average Jedi Knight, and THEY are very effective as a COALITION by virtue of their Limitless Power philosophy which encouraged exploration and sharing of talents. While The Eternal Fleet proved very effective against the fleets of the Republic and also the Empire, Knights of Zakuul proved very effective on the surface against all manner of opponents including Jedi and Sith.

A group of average Knights of Zakuul were about to overwhelm the TRIO of The Outlander, Sith Lord Lana Beniko and one of the most powerful Knights of Zakuul Senya Tirall, in an open-ended battle but Valkorion intervened and saved the TRIO.

Vaylin could also crush her mother in an instant but her feelings prevented her from doing so. Therefore, Vaylin's loss to her mother does not count.

Vaylin stalemated Arcann in another duel and she wasn't unchained yet. Arcann is stupendously skilled with a lightsaber and otherwise.

How Vaylin was taken down after being unchained, is not a mark against her from any perspective - the TRIO of The Outlander (significantly augmented by the powers of Valkorion), Arcann and Senya Tirall. Nobody would succeed in this situation.

Vaylin is as good in combat as one can be.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on June 14th 2020, 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

June 14th 2020, 2:05 pm
NotAA3 wrote:@Seturna

Essentially, as far as I see it, Vaylin benefits from all of the scaling Revan does (through stomping KOTET Chapter 3 Outlander and then growing far more powerful) to a greater degree alongside having incredible feats of her own. The only shot Revan has is his super unique advantages, but I'm not convinced that they'll allow him to make up the combative difference - Vaylin's just too powerful.
👍🏼

@XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Will be looking forward to it.
Lord Eon
Lord Eon

June 15th 2020, 6:23 am
Vaylin wins. Revan might be more skilled and more experienced but Vaylin is much more powerful and much more combative. Overwhelming Arcann and Senya is better than anything Revan did.
darthbane77
darthbane77

June 15th 2020, 4:20 pm
Revan. Vaylin might possess greater power, but Revan is a superior warrior, is more intelligent, and has greater mastery and variety of abilities at his disposal, and Vaylin's power advantage isn't really that big, tbh. Revan's willpower focused immortality is is something I also don't see Vaylin being able to overcome, even if Vaylin manages to put Revan down once (and that's a big "if") she's going to be exhausted by the end, and Revan is going to stick around due to sheer will to finish her off.

I just don't see Vaylin winning.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 15th 2020, 4:29 pm
^^^

Vaylin exhausted? LMAO.

Just when THEY all assume that THEY had beaten Vaylin, she gets back up with a smile and unleash a powerful Force Maelstrom with sheer force of will, an expression of power which begins to tear the entire setting apart and overwhelms everybody in the vicinity with the exception of The Outlander who benefitted tremendously from Valkorion anyways.

This woman has like endless reserves of energy in her.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum