Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material Empty The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material

April 28th 2020, 4:17 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
So I've been seeing a lot of people talking about how Darish Vol stacks up against someone like Darth Krayt or how DE Luke fair against Count Dooku, but I recently came across information that might help us alleviate some of these potential debates:

The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material Unknown

Return of the Jedi is the end of the story, all things afterwards do not fit the criteria of Lucas's vision.

Additionally Lucas specifies that in his vision (the grand vision to which) all of the EU bends around:

Boba Fett does not survive:

It simply "does not fit" with his vision of the saga. With all this evidence we can safely disregard anything that happens post ROTJ as it does not align with what the creator himself believes as he puts it, it's "gossip." Not gospel.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material Empty Re: The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material

April 28th 2020, 4:33 pm
On behalf of the Vader brigade, ISV does not represent us with these posts. We're investigating but preliminary tests suggest drug abuse.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material Empty Re: The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material

April 28th 2020, 4:37 pm
BoD wrote:On behalf of the Vader brigade, ISV does not represent us with these posts. We're investigating but preliminary results suggest drug abuse.

I disbanded it. I realized that Vader is a weak shell of a jedi. We only see true jedi in action in TPM according to Lucas and his story is what all things bend to fit so I have accepted that he is really slow and weak. The comics are essentially propaganda from people who don't understand the verse, you see Darth Vader cannot actually do much in the suit, Lucas speaks of this, how limiting it is for him ETC, so these comics where he's flipping around and fighting multiple Jedi of the prequels do not fit into the overarching narrative and can be dismissed as non canon.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 28th 2020, 4:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
The G Canon Purist wrote:
BoD wrote:On behalf of the Vader brigade, ISV does not represent us with these posts. We're investigating but preliminary results suggest drug abuse.

I disbanded it. I realized that Vader is a weak shell of a jedi. We only see true jedi in action in TPM according to Lucas and his story is what all things bend to fit so I have accepted that he is really slow and weak. The comics are essentially propaganda from people who don't understand the verse, you see Darth Vader cannot actually do much in the suit, Lucas speaks of this, how limiting it is for him ETC, so these comics where he's flipping around and fighting multiple Jedi of the prequels do not fit into the overarching narrative and can be dismissed as non canon.

Our analysts are currently dissecting this and seeing if it's some kind of code for a cry for help.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

April 28th 2020, 4:46 pm
I think the Boba thing only reffers to it not fitting in the movie since its not really relevant to the plot of ROTJ
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 28th 2020, 10:56 pm
Bumping because people tried to bury it, but it hasn't received enough attention
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 29th 2020, 1:06 am
Lucas gave LFL the authority to regulate continuity within their universe. Lucas regards post-ROTJ EU content as non-canon to his universe but explicitly fair game to the LFL alternate universe. That's the whole reason behind having a parallel universe in the first place. Also hence why LFL regards it all as canon.

That is all plainly spelled out in the same website you're ripping those quotes from, too. The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material 1289255181
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 29th 2020, 1:42 am
the question that's being presented is how do we distinguish Lucas's statements in regards to his universe to what goes on the the hybrid parallel universe. Like for example, obviously the movies are canon but when he talks about the characters he talks about them in the context of his movies so the question becomes what we keep and disregard. You can actually keep Lucas and his authority being end all be all if you accept everything he says as "gospel" where everything else is "gossip" also on that same website The Debunk for Post Return of the Jedi Material 1289255181
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 29th 2020, 3:35 am
Given "G-Canon," whatever Lucas says is law unless LFL clarifies otherwise. And we've seen Chee exercise that power in the past to regulate Lucas.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 29th 2020, 3:50 am
To give real-life examples of how this relationship manifests:

(1) Lucas says Fett died in ROTJ. As the default, this is G-Canon, and thus would retcon all appearances of Boba post-ROTJ. However, LFL (repeatedly) says/shows Fett didn't die in ROTJ. Ergo, Lucas' statement here only pertains to his universe and not the LFL universe.

(2) Lucas says Yoda did not visit Dagobah pre-ROTS. As the default, this is G-Canon, and thus would retcon all appearances of Yoda on Dagobah pre-ROTS. LFL accordingly retcons appearances of Yoda on Dagobah pre-ROTS (until years later they realize they can just push that into occuring post-ROTS).

(3) Lucas says Anakin is more powerful than Vader. As the default, this is G-Canon, and thus would retcon anything meaning the opposite. LFL never regulates this statement in any way. Ergo, Anakin being more powerful than Vader remains law within the LFL universe.

It's an interesting dynamic because both:

(A) Lucas gives LFL the authority to regulate his statements in the LFL universe.
(B) LFL still makes Lucas the Word of God within the LFL universe unless they deem it necessary to regulate his statements. 

We rarely see them exercise that power, but obviously they do so to canonize post-ROTJ storylines given that was the original purpose of the creation of the LFL universe. Whether they have explicitly regulated Lucas' comments on something like Jango not being a true Mandalorian is unknown to me, though.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum