Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Mace Windu (TPM) vs Savage Opress - Page 2 Empty Re: Mace Windu (TPM) vs Savage Opress

March 24th 2020, 4:11 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:Well damn...so TPM Maul VS TPM Windu could be closer than most people think.

Exactly, especially when taking into consideration that Maul is better than Qui-Gon in all areas, except experience.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Mace Windu (TPM) vs Savage Opress - Page 2 Empty Re: Mace Windu (TPM) vs Savage Opress

March 24th 2020, 4:30 pm
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, there are lesser Jedi than Windu as of tpm that would smack Maul to the dirt
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 24th 2020, 4:42 pm
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, these TPM Jedi would have to be significantly better than TPM Mace and TPM Qui-Gon to smack Maul to the dirt, given that Mace is only slightly better than Qui-Gon who is in turn inferior to Maul in TPM era.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 24th 2020, 4:55 pm
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, the source you provided doesn’t even say that Qui-Gon and Mace share any parity, and it comes from the same source (iirc) that says Adi Gallia can use the Force to shield her starfighter from enemy starfighters, likely meaning that it only refers to gameplay.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 24th 2020, 5:00 pm
Mace also has raw power on his side, and he can be more physically capable and more powerful, even if he's not necessarily much deadlier.

Last edited by BoD on March 24th 2020, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 24th 2020, 5:03 pm
Too bad I never argued that it said that shared parity because the source says that Windu's fighting style is slightly deadlier than Qui-Gon's, meaning that they're close. I would like to see whereabouts it was said that Adi can use the Force to shield her starfighter from enemy starfighters though.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 24th 2020, 5:06 pm
BoD wrote:Fighting style can just as easily refer to forms, and VII is generally regarded as the most deadly of all. Doesn't mean much that it's "a bit" (which is also pretty vague) deadlier. 

Mace also has raw power on his side, and he can be more technically skilled, physically capable and more powerful, even if he's not necessarily much deadlier.

You're debating semantics, which gets real old real fast. Fighting style is referring to their personalized usages of lighter forms, and "a bit" clearly means slight. Deadlier in the context of their fighting styles is who is better.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 24th 2020, 5:06 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
BoD wrote:Fighting style can just as easily refer to forms, and VII is generally regarded as the most deadly of all. Doesn't mean much that it's "a bit" (which is also pretty vague) deadlier. 

Mace also has raw power on his side, and he can be more technically skilled, physically capable and more powerful, even if he's not necessarily much deadlier.

You're debating semantics, which gets real old real fast. Fighting style is referring to their personalized usages of lighter forms, and "a bit" clearly means slight. Deadlier in the context of their fighting styles is who is better.

Clarified.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 24th 2020, 5:11 pm
Do you even know what you’re talking about? Or have you just found a source and thought fuck it let's go for it?

The source doesn’t say “slightly”, it says “a bit” which could mean anything. Based on evidence presented by the lore (evidence that supports the idea of Mace likely being able to beat multiple Jinns simultaneously) “a bit” in this case is likely a euphemism for a large ass gap. Lord of The Light found the Gallia aspect, and legit everyone vetoed the idea of it being canonical in any media outside of that which it comes from: a game manual which tells you about power you have in the game...
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 25th 2020, 7:13 am
You're resorting to semantics, which completely backfires because not only is "a bit" isn't actually an ambigious description because the quote is comparing Mace and Qui-Gon's individual fighting styles measure up to each other in deadliness, and saying that it's a euphemism for a large ass gap on the basis that TPM Mace can beat multiple Qui-Gons simultaneously, even though there actually isn't if we're being honest, is a very contrived argument. As for the quote saying Adi Gallia can shield her starfighter with a Force barrier, that's not even in the same source, that quote is from Star Wars Jedi Starfighter Manual, which is not only a different source than Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide, but that Adi Gallia quote in question is a description of what powers you can use when playing Adi Gallia in gameplay. The quote comparing TPM Mace and Qui-Gon isn't, but you might be able to convince me if you show me a photo of Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide's quote saying TPM Windu's fighting style is a bit deadlier than Qui-Gon's and if there are an indications of it being specifically game mechanics, then we can agree.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 25th 2020, 12:46 pm
Bro it’s from a prima guide there’s a 99% chance it’s referring to gameplay. I don’t actually own the source, but evidence provided by primary sources, as well as the various scaling chains both characters are involved in, has Mace leagues ahead of Qui-Gon in all aspects. In fact, there’s more relevant evidence for Jinn being among the likes of Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura, than there is supporting the notion that he’s among the actual best of the Order, such as Yoda, Mace, Yaddle, Tiin, and Dooku, for example.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 1:05 pm
 but you might be able to convince me if you show me a photo of Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide's quote saying TPM Windu's fighting style is a bit deadlier than Qui-Gon's and if there are an indications of it being specifically game mechanics, then we can agree.

So basically, you don't know what the context of a quote from a gameplay guide is and can't prove it isn't talking about gameplay mechanics.
Gianfi
Gianfi

March 25th 2020, 1:10 pm
BoD wrote:
 but you might be able to convince me if you show me a photo of Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide's quote saying TPM Windu's fighting style is a bit deadlier than Qui-Gon's and if there are an indications of it being specifically game mechanics, then we can agree.

So basically, you don't know what the context of a quote from a gameplay guide is and can't prove it isn't talking about gameplay mechanics.
Are you implying Tiin and Yaddle are above Vos And Jinn?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 1:15 pm
That's a strawman argument if ever I've seen one. Where'd I imply that?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 25th 2020, 1:32 pm
Gianfi wrote:
BoD wrote:

Are you implying Tiin and Yaddle are above Vos And Jinn?

Tiin and Yaddle are above Vos and Jinn, yes. By a hefty margin, too
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 1:43 pm
I'm more offended that Vos and Jinn are being used in the same sentence. Vos can't even beat Sora Bulq.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 25th 2020, 2:14 pm
Neither can Jinn, lol. Jinn’s close fights with Xanatos make the idea of Vos and Jinn being close to one another highly likely.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 2:35 pm
Curry, we were actually agreeing on something for once. Why'd you have to go and ruin it?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 25th 2020, 3:29 pm
Your usual Eugene mind cockblocked your vision once again
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 3:42 pm
Well, now you're just being rude.  Mace Windu (TPM) vs Savage Opress - Page 2 1648373583
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 25th 2020, 4:24 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Your usual Eugene mind cockblocked your vision once again
🇪🇭
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 25th 2020, 4:57 pm
After thinking about this carefully, I think Curry is probably right about the quote being about game mechanics.
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

March 28th 2020, 8:34 pm
Is there any actual indication that Savage can beat Mace or was Latham just really bored?
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 28th 2020, 9:03 pm
No? I created the thread because I don't know who wins, TPM Mace lacks the experience and mastery that RotS Mace has.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum