Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

George Lucas Confirms Count Dooku = Master Yoda in Force Power - Page 2 Empty Re: George Lucas Confirms Count Dooku = Master Yoda in Force Power

March 17th 2020, 9:00 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:Peter will cry once he's been kicked out of his apartment for not paying his overdue rent.
Only after the damn door gets fixed

He is a good boy. He must be in some kind of trouble.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

George Lucas Confirms Count Dooku = Master Yoda in Force Power - Page 2 Empty Re: George Lucas Confirms Count Dooku = Master Yoda in Force Power

March 17th 2020, 9:06 pm
In all seriousness, Mr Ditkovich actually fixed Peter's door later, in the Spider-Man 3 novelisation.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 17th 2020, 10:55 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:Peter will cry once he's been kicked out of his apartment for not paying his overdue rent.
Only after the damn door gets fixed

He is a good boy. He must be in some kind of trouble.
Idk how to work this into the situation, but it's pizza time
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

March 18th 2020, 12:13 am
Raised Dooku. George Lucas Confirms Count Dooku = Master Yoda in Force Power - Page 2 1289255181
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 18th 2020, 12:33 am
Ehhh no i dont take george lucas statements that seriously especially taking into account that the creator contradicts himself too much without mentioning the novelization of aotc,rots or the same movies if this is true then.....

zonakin>dooku>yoda

I bet to say it refers to ability and knowledge about the force not actual overall power 
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

March 18th 2020, 4:17 am
Dooku wank is my fave
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 18th 2020, 6:07 am
The lord of hunger wrote:Ehhh no i dont take george lucas statements that seriously especially taking into account that the creator contradicts himself too much without mentioning the novelization of aotc,rots or the same movies if this is true then.....

zonakin>dooku>yoda

I bet to say it refers to ability and knowledge about the force not actual overall power 

Lucas made this statement in the AotC DVD commentary that is official, back in 2002 when he was in control of Lucasfilm, so you can't argue against it. If he had made this statement in some random unofficial interview this week, then you'd might have a point, but he didn't.
The Witness
The Witness

March 18th 2020, 7:47 am
Right but what about the "you have to be Mace or Yoda or full potential Vader to compete with the Emperor".
Lucas contradicts himself many times that it's hard to know if he's really reliable or not. Even Matt Martin said this
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 18th 2020, 8:00 am
The Witness wrote:Right but what about the "you have to be Mace or Yoda or full potential Vader to compete with the Emperor".
Lucas contradicts himself many times that it's hard to know if he's really reliable or not. Even Matt Martin said this

Lucas said that in "you have to be Mace or Yoda or full potential Vader to compete with the Emperor" in The Making of Revenge of the Sith, which takes place 3 years after AotC. The statement that RotS Yoda is substantially better than RotS Dooku isn't mutually exclusive with the statement that AotC Yoda and AotC Dooku are equals, so you're forcing contradictions that never actually existed in the first place. Until you can provide me a statement from Lucas himself saying that AotC Yoda is more powerful than AotC Dooku, his AotC commentary still stands.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 18th 2020, 8:36 am
Excellent. This validates all the mega scaling during the Clone Wars.

Level Three
Level Three

March 18th 2020, 9:00 am
It also validates the stance that TPM/AotC Yoda is shit compared to RotS Yoda because the same George Lucas says that only Mace and Yoda can compete with Sidious as of RotS in the Making of Revenge of the Sith, Dooku is not at all exempt from this because he is a movie character who appeared at the beginning of the RotS movie, and it's not like he was limiting the who can compete with Sidious to any specific scenes in the movie. This is consistent with the fact that Yoda as of RotS is level 9s in Lucas/Gillard's system, Windu is a level 9 or an 8 bordering on level 9, whereas Dooku is simply a level 8.

Last edited by Latham2000 on March 18th 2020, 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 18th 2020, 10:16 am
Indeed George Lucas Confirms Count Dooku = Master Yoda in Force Power - Page 2 4037459623

Level Seven
Level Seven

March 18th 2020, 10:56 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Well the ramifications of this on forum politics and debating as a whole will be interesting to see, to say the least. Here's to a new age: The age of Dooku supremacy over TOR.

Cheers enthusiastically while raising wine glass in celebration.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 18th 2020, 1:03 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
The lord of hunger wrote:Ehhh no i dont take george lucas statements that seriously especially taking into account that the creator contradicts himself too much without mentioning the novelization of aotc,rots or the same movies if this is true then.....

zonakin>dooku>yoda

Lucas made this statement in the AotC DVD commentary that is official, back in 2002 when he was in control of Lucasfilm, so you can't argue against it. If he had made this statement in some random unofficial interview this week, then you'd might have a point, but he didn't.
I guess it's fair to say that,Even if i don't agree with most of his statements.

pd:this wanks anakin/vader too by a slight margin
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 18th 2020, 2:29 pm
@The lord of hunger Not everyone Lucas says was G Canon to begin with:

Question: What standing in canon statements by George Lucas have. I always thought that they constituted G-canon, but I just wanted to make sure.

Leland Chee:
In the Holocron, the different levels of continuity are only given for an entry in its entirety; not by individual pieces of information. Therefore, an entry would not say that this part of the entry is G-canon and the other is C-canon, though this might be inferred from the source. As always, contradictions are dealt with case-by-case. Obviously, things that come from the films and from George usually take a higher priority than other sources. But when taking George's statements into account for the Holocron's continuity notes, I have to consider a) when the statement was made (something he said from the 70's may no longer pertain to his current vision of Star Wars), b) the source of the statement (a non-LFL source could be a misquote), and c) the context of the statement (was George making a joke or off-the cuff remark? Was it something said to someone behind-the-scenes to elicit a certain performance, not necessarily part of continuity?) There are relatively few notes from George in the Holocron that are derived from public statements; most of the notes from him are from things that George gives to Licensing directly.

Source -- StarWars.com forum HolocronKeeper comments archive

Not all George Lucas statements were G canon. Statements that Lucas made in the 1970s aren't canon because they might not represent his current vision of [pre-Disney] Star Wars, a non-LFL source might not be canon because it could be a misquote, off the cuff remarks, jokes and pep talk by Lucas aren't canon either.

Lucas's statement in in the AotC DVD documentary is definitely G Canon because he said this in an LFL source. It's valid, unless if George makes a direct contradiction in a later LFL source, which he hasn't.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 18th 2020, 3:10 pm
Latham2000 wrote:@The lord of hunger Not everyone Lucas says was G Canon to begin with:

Question: What standing in canon statements by George Lucas have. I always thought that they constituted G-canon, but I just wanted to make sure.

Leland Chee:
In the Holocron, the different levels of continuity are only given for an entry in its entirety; not by individual pieces of information. Therefore, an entry would not say that this part of the entry is G-canon and the other is C-canon, though this might be inferred from the source. As always, contradictions are dealt with case-by-case. Obviously, things that come from the films and from George usually take a higher priority than other sources. But when taking George's statements into account for the Holocron's continuity notes, I have to consider a) when the statement was made (something he said from the 70's may no longer pertain to his current vision of Star Wars), b) the source of the statement (a non-LFL source could be a misquote), and c) the context of the statement (was George making a joke or off-the cuff remark? Was it something said to someone behind-the-scenes to elicit a certain performance, not necessarily part of continuity?) There are relatively few notes from George in the Holocron that are derived from public statements; most of the notes from him are from things that George gives to Licensing directly.

Not all George Lucas statements were G canon. Statements that Lucas made in the 1970s aren't canon because they might not represent his current vision of [pre-Disney] Star Wars, a non-LFL source might not be canon because it could be a misquote, off the cuff remarks, jokes and pep talk by Lucas aren't canon either.

Lucas's statement in in the AotC DVD documentary is definitely G Canon because he said this in an LFL source. It's valid, unless if George makes a direct contradiction in a later LFL source, which he hasn't.
So the statements of lucas declaring ben was stronger than vader hold no canonicity anymore right?

I think there are sources stating yoda was stronger than dooku during that timeframe might look at it if i can find any of those
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 18th 2020, 3:13 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:@The lord of hunger Not everyone Lucas says was G Canon to begin with:

Leland Chee:

So the statements of lucas declaring ben was stronger than vader hold no canonicity anymore right?

I think there are sources stating yoda was stronger than dooku during that timeframe might look at it if i can find any of those

Nope. Lucas's statement that Ben is stronger than Vader isn't canon at allbecause he said this back in the 1970s, so it's time for everyone who needs to stop abusing that quote.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 18th 2020, 3:16 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
The lord of hunger wrote:

Leland Chee:

Nope. Lucas's statement that Ben is stronger than Vader isn't canon at allbecause he said this back in the 1970s, so it's time for everyone who needs to stop abusing that quote.
I doubt that will ever happen.... especially considering the disrespect the character gets in this site......
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 18th 2020, 3:17 pm
@Latham2000 Well technically, but unless it’s retconned by Lucas himself, then it doesn’t stand. Irrespectively there’s like a dozen sources calling them equals, so it doesn’t really matter lol.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 18th 2020, 3:32 pm
IG wrote:@Latham2000 Well technically, but unless it’s retconned by Lucas himself, then it doesn’t stand. Irrespectively there’s like a dozen sources calling them equals, so it doesn’t really matter lol.

There are 2

Don't say a dozen when you can't back that up
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

March 18th 2020, 4:35 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
BoD wrote:"It is obvious this contest cannot be settled by our knowledge of the Force...but by our skills with a lightsaber."

It's talking about their abilities and knowledge of the Force, not their raw power. Lucas frequently interchanges between knowledge and power, such as claiming lightning is a feat of greater power (meaning Dooku would be > KFV) when we know it's a matter of knowledge, mastery and control.

If you have equal mastery to someone over the Force (an insane feat for Dooku, considering Yoda's age) and even somewhat comparable power, you're going to be a tough match for them. Just look at someone like Mustafar Kenobi vs MFV.

Not saying this is the only interpretation, but it's one you should definitely bear in mind. As I said, Lucas often confuses knowledge and power.

George Lucas Confirms Count Dooku = Master Yoda in Force Power - Page 2 Bod10
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 18th 2020, 4:37 pm
Why is there a Hitler smiley in that?

George Lucas Confirms Count Dooku = Master Yoda in Force Power - Page 2 Bod1010
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 18th 2020, 4:44 pm
@Jake Will get back to you in a bit. Laptop's screwed and going back for maintenance.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 18th 2020, 4:55 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Bran, did you wipe your arse with that paper?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 18th 2020, 4:56 pm
KelDorianUnit wrote:Bran, did you wipe your arse with that paper?
Toilet paper must be running really low where he lives.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum