Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

Essential Legends Readings? Empty Essential Legends Readings?

April 22nd 2019, 6:22 pm
I'm looking to delve deeper into EU stories for debating and recreational purposes over the summer. Which novels and comics would you classify as 'essential' in terms of forming a more complete picture of the Star Wars universe as far as the narrative and consequential character feats go? Post your recommendations below!
Gᴏᴀᴛ
Gᴏᴀᴛ

Essential Legends Readings? Empty Re: Essential Legends Readings?

April 22nd 2019, 6:24 pm
The New Jedi Order, Dark Nest Trilogy, Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi. Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
is the best novel, imo.   Essential Legends Readings? 4037459623

Last edited by ɢᴏᴀᴛ on April 22nd 2019, 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Witness
The Witness

April 22nd 2019, 6:30 pm
Darth Plagueis.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 22nd 2019, 6:35 pm
If you're looking for a quick tl;dr of the Yuuzhan Vong War, read Traitor and The Unifying Force. Those two cover all the important details.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 7:29 pm
The Dark Lord Trilogy.
trayvon
trayvon

April 22nd 2019, 9:31 pm
Yoda Dark Rendezvous, of course.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

April 22nd 2019, 9:39 pm
Holiday special.
Sasukedc
Sasukedc

April 22nd 2019, 9:49 pm
I'm getting the impression that most of the repliers didn't actually read the OP.
MP

April 22nd 2019, 9:50 pm
Holiday special.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 10:14 pm
Sas wrote:I'm getting the impression that most of the repliers didn't actually read the OP.

Are you newguy? What is the obession with toothless lol.
Sasukedc
Sasukedc

April 22nd 2019, 10:34 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:
Sas wrote:I'm getting the impression that most of the repliers didn't actually read the OP.

Tell me, what was it that made you think that I'm NewGuy?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 10:50 pm
Sas wrote:
In-sidiousvader wrote:

The toothless avi, lol
Sasukedc
Sasukedc

April 22nd 2019, 10:54 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:
Sas wrote:
In-sidiousvader wrote:Are you newguy? What is the obession with toothless lol.

The toothless avi, lol

Right, the Toothless avatar is associated with me.  That's why I use it, you see.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

April 22nd 2019, 11:23 pm
My avi >>>>

Regardless, great to see your here Sas, and it’s awesome to see you looking into the EU Joker. In terms of the overall narrative  and consequential character feats, I would suggest Tales of the Jedi, Dark Empire, and KOTOR/SWTOR content. For KOTOR/SWTOR (as far as debating purposes are concerned) I suggest watching cutscene playthroughs on Youtube.

Some other material that could be helpful includes TFU, the Bane Trilogy, the Revan Novel, Darth Plagueis, and basically any relevant arc from post-ROTJ like DN, FOTJ, Vong War, Legacy, etc.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 23rd 2019, 1:01 am

• TOR: the Tales of the Jedi comics, the Knights of the Old Republic video game duology, The Old Republic: Revan novel, and The Old Republic video game.
  • PT: the Darth Bane novel trilogy, the Darth Plagueis novel, the Clone Wars microseries, the Republic comics, the Yoda: Dark Rendezvous novel, and the Dark Lord novel trilogy.
  • OT: the Dark Times comics, The Force Unleashed video game and novelization duologies, and the Shadows of the Empire novel.
  • NJO: the Thrawn novel trilogy, the Dark Empire comics, the New Jedi Order: Traitor and New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force novels, and the Dark Nest III: Swarm War novel.
  • Legacy: the Legacy comics.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 23rd 2019, 1:07 am
Azronger wrote:

• TOR: the Tales of the Jedi comics, the Knights of the Old Republic video game duology, The Old Republic: Revan novel, and The Old Republic video game.
  • PT: the Darth Bane novel trilogy, the Darth Plagueis novel, the Clone Wars microseries, the Republic comics, the Yoda: Dark Rendezvous novel, and the Dark Lord novel trilogy.
  • OT: the Dark Times comics, The Force Unleashed video game and novelization duologies, and the Shadows of the Empire novel.
  • NJO: the Thrawn novel trilogy, the Dark Empire comics, the New Jedi Order: Traitor and New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force novels, and the Dark Nest III: Swarm War novel.

straight lit. listen to what Az said, but add in Death Star as well. The two greatest books featuring vader ever written, sorry to the Luceno fans, but Steve Perry writes a better Vader than James could hope to.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

April 23rd 2019, 5:22 am
I appreciate all of the responses, guys. Just out of pure interest, I think I'll start off with the prequel-era material first, specifically with Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. After the bulk of the prequel material is finished (comprising of books like Labyrinth of Evil and The Rise of Darth Vader), I'll dive into the Old Republic era to serve as a historical foundation for the rest of my readings. Can't wait to see if the Old Republic era truly lives up to all the hype.  Essential Legends Readings? 3146861145

Spoiler:
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 11:49 am
New Jedi Order.

Dark Nest.

Legacy Of The Force.

Essential Legends Readings? 228124001
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 11:51 am
Azronger wrote:

This tbh.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

April 23rd 2019, 1:30 pm
King Joker wrote:I appreciate all of the responses, guys. Just out of pure interest, I think I'll start off with the prequel-era material first, specifically with Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. After the bulk of the prequel material is finished (comprising of books like Labyrinth of Evil and The Rise of Darth Vader), I'll dive into the Old Republic era to serve as a historical foundation for the rest of my readings. Can't wait to see if the Old Republic era truly lives up to all the hype.  Essential Legends Readings? 3146861145

Spoiler:

Honestly, you should play SWTOR if you get the chance over the summer. Azronger and I have started playing again recently and we’ve been having fun.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 23rd 2019, 1:33 pm
@King Joker
You are so innocent Joker, you do not yet realize the futility of existence. The inability to make a change, the depression you will experience will be more than traumatizing...

Spoiler:
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

April 23rd 2019, 6:36 pm
The Divine Source wrote:Honestly, you should play SWTOR if you get the chance over the summer. Azronger and I have started playing again recently and we’ve been having fun.

I might just do that. I played some with Ant in 2015 and enjoyed it quite a bit. Hopefully this time I'll get farther than the Darth Skotia boss. Essential Legends Readings? 3366773415

In-sidiousvader wrote:@King Joker
You are so innocent Joker, you do not yet realize the futility of existence. The inability to make a change, the depression you will experience will be more than traumatizing...

Spoiler:
I'm not really new to the community, but thank you, nonetheless. Essential Legends Readings? 228124001
trayvon
trayvon

April 23rd 2019, 6:39 pm
King Joker wrote:I appreciate all of the responses, guys. Just out of pure interest, I think I'll start off with the prequel-era material first, specifically with Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.

Good choice

—Brother HH
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 23rd 2019, 6:39 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:@King Joker
Nah JK welcome to the community pal Essential Legends Readings? 228124001

🇪🇭
The Witness
The Witness

April 23rd 2019, 6:40 pm
@King Joker Have u played KOTOR 1 and 2? If not, play them. Great games, better than SWTOR
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum