Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Upcoming Legends Projects Empty Upcoming Legends Projects

October 20th 2020, 10:55 pm
Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
I just wanted to quickly make this thread to offer some hope and direction to members, as I think we're coming to an end of really an unprecedented four year drought without any new major Legends content. We had Onslaught last year, but besides mocking Malgus that didn't really give us anything new to discuss. After almost "maxing-out" debates for prior Legends content last year with our Top Fifteen Tournament, I'm hoping these projects significantly recontextualize existing power chains, add a bunch of new characters, and stimulate versus discussion in way that it's worthwhile to finish some of my blogs on new ways to approach versus debaitng.

1. Star Wars: The Old Republic: Echoes of Revenge (Winter 2020)

Upcoming Legends Projects A-mysterious-new-SWTOR-6.2-location-1980x1113

If you haven't been following SWTOR, turns out Scourge, Kira Carsen, and maybe spirit Revan destroyed Vitiate's original body simultaneous with the Outlander purging Valkorion's spirit from his mind. However, Vitiate had rigged his original body with a plague that takes over the minds of others, and one-thing led to another and now Satele Shan and her faction of Jedi have turned into this quasi-hive mind, joint consciousness dark-side entity. This next update should hopefully see the Outlander, Scourge, Kira Carsen, Arcann, and maybe spirit Revan go and battle this new UnuShan. Charles Boyd described it as the true epilogue to the whole Vitiate storyline.

2. Star Wars: Supernatural Encounters (Winter 2020)

Upcoming Legends Projects 73118086_2516248498461492_4609794252837224448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fZ_FeEyUPo0AX9epyy9&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Long in the making, SE is a massive novel covering the origins of the Star Wars universe, focusing around the Ones, Bedlam Spirits, Rakata, and ancient Sith. Almost everything in it is original content developed by Joe Bongiorno in close collaboration and support from established Star Wars authors like Abel Pena and Daniel Wallace. For example, a lot of Pena's cut-content from the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide was handed over to Bongiorno for inclusion in SE. This book introduces dozens of powerful Star Wars entities, along with new ancient Sith like Ku'ar Danar (who isn't necessarily new but is in French-only material) and Darth Dreadwar. The canon status of SE has long been disputed. Upon research, I'm confident that at least four versions are officially licensed, although none of those four currently exist online. Bongiorno says that he will dedicate a part of SE explaining why this upcoming final version is also officially licensed, so we'll wait and cross our fingers there.

Chapter names, with Rakata and ancient Sith content highlighted in red:

Spoiler:
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Upcoming Legends Projects Empty Re: Upcoming Legends Projects

October 21st 2020, 5:41 am
The death throes of the EU, hope SE will be good. SWTOR will be the last death knell if people turn off from it.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

October 21st 2020, 9:43 am
I still don't understand why both Continuities can't co-exist. Like Marvel has with 616/Ultimates(I know the latter is finished but still). I guess though with this novel, maybe it's not completely axed....unless this was in the making looooong before the overhaul.

But the novel though is interesting....especially getting more info about the Celestials and what not. Also looking forward to the TOR update too, though honesty I am kinda getting burned out by this whole "Vitiate as a contingency plan for this plan and then a plan ontop of that plan and a plan ontop of that plan!" I mean it's fine, I just wouldn't mind a new big bad either.

Also yes! More info about the Sorcerers of Rhand! I always felt that organization needed more love, they were really interesting.
AncientPower
AncientPower

October 21st 2020, 9:59 am
Vitiate's been around for 1400 years. He's had more than enough time to think of ways to spite everyone via every possible angle and we know that's exactly his thing.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

October 21st 2020, 10:06 am
LadyKulvax wrote:Vitiate's been around for 1400 years. He's had more than enough time to think of ways to spite everyone via every possible angle and we know that's exactly his thing.

Yeah I suppose so.

Oh I posted this over on KMF btw Ant, so hope that's ok.

Anyway though I'm looking forward to all this.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 21st 2020, 1:22 pm
Upcoming Legends Projects 1289255181 Upcoming Legends Projects 1289255181 Upcoming Legends Projects 1289255181
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

October 21st 2020, 1:38 pm
Upcoming Legends Projects 3344068304
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

October 21st 2020, 3:46 pm
cant wait for that novel to have shit like "meet abeloth, a being as powerful as emperor palpatine himself"
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

October 21st 2020, 4:30 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Based on the rough draft, they have Palpatine more powerful than Typhojem, son of Tiltony the Bedlam Spirit.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

October 21st 2020, 5:29 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Based on the rough draft, they have Palpatine more powerful than Typhojem, son of Tiltony the Bedlam Spirit.

Well that’ll certainly change things around. Though are we sure this is going to be officially Legends material?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

October 21st 2020, 5:34 pm
@Zenwolf: I've been following its official status closely. Four earlier versions of Supernatural Encounters were officially licensed by Lucasfilm and scheduled to appear in Star Wars Gamer, the Hyperspace section of the older Star Wars website, then the blog section of the current Star Wars website, but last minute occurrences prevented any from being published. Based on talking with Joe and his editors, this Expanded Edition version was approved by Lucasfilm for digital-only release, but we'll wait and see.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

October 29th 2020, 10:44 am
So figure this would be the appropriate thread, but there are rumors floating around now days prior that TFU 3 might be getting worked on. Trying to not get too excited, but just throwing it out there...and I always HATED that TFU 2 Cliffhanger. I wanna know what happens, how Vader gets out, what happens to Starkiller and Kota! It always aggravated me that it was never continued!
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

October 29th 2020, 11:56 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Based on the rough draft, they have Palpatine more powerful than Typhojem, son of Tiltony the Bedlam Spirit.
this deserves like, all emotes here. most of all tho, these two
Upcoming Legends Projects 1019854026
Upcoming Legends Projects 39523600

I know az will love this shit, so fuck him smh
Would be Lord
Would be Lord

November 23rd 2020, 12:40 am
Just wanted to drop an update on this thread. The author, Joe Bongiorno released his FAQ yesterday on his Facebook Page.

I personally thought that there were several interesting things within it.
Upcoming Legends Projects 6109d010
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 11th 2021, 8:04 pm
@DarthAnt66 Has there been word of any kind of release date for SE?
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 11th 2021, 8:06 pm
Zenwolf wrote:@DarthAnt66 Has there been word of any kind of release date for SE?

End of Winter, that's all that's been said
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

January 11th 2021, 9:07 pm
Zenwolf wrote:Has there been word of any kind of release date for SE?
I know, I am having a hard time being patient.
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 12th 2021, 8:23 am
VictreebelVictr wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:Has there been word of any kind of release date for SE?
I know, I am having a hard time being patient.

Ive been in contact with the author this is all he revealed

Joe Bongiorno on SE wrote:We're gearing up for some time after winter's end. I know that's a bit nebulous, but there's still some work ahead for the editors and me, and I don't want to rush the artist, who's vacationing until February.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum