Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #1 - Luke Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #1 - Luke Skywalker

August 2nd 2019, 11:24 am
🇪🇭
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #1 - Luke Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #1 - Luke Skywalker

August 2nd 2019, 11:28 am
SithArchaeologist wrote:
SithSauce wrote:
SithArchaeologist wrote:Luke. Could argue for Krayt though, maybe Sidious depending on how you interpret a few statements.
Why Krayt?

FotJ Krayt being FotJ Luke's rough equal before growing in power and knowledge significantly.
Luke and Kraft being equals in FOTJ has been debunked iirc
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

August 2nd 2019, 12:39 pm
It has not.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

August 2nd 2019, 6:36 pm
Why is he struggling with Wyyrlok then?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 2nd 2019, 6:52 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:It has not.
There’s a debate between ant and ILS that disproves it. It was on Google but I don’t have it with me unfortunately
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

August 2nd 2019, 7:39 pm
BaratoBhajji wrote:Why is he struggling with Wyyrlok then?

He didn't struggle with Wyyrlok, lol.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

August 2nd 2019, 7:39 pm
YVH Cilghal wrote:
There’s a debate between ant and ILS that disproves it. It was on Google but I don’t have it with me unfortunately

I saw the debate. Ant was completely unconvincing.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 2nd 2019, 7:42 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:
YVH Cilghal wrote:

I saw the debate. Ant was completely unconvincing.
Looking at their feats outside of the Abeloth fight I don’t see anything that merits placing Krayt on that level tbh.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

August 2nd 2019, 7:53 pm
Unfortunately for you, the Abeloth fight exists. Stop dismissing it.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 7:55 pm
Can Krayt wankers explain why the alleged GM Luke tier combatant was given a fight by both Cade Skywalker and Wyyrlok?

PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

August 2nd 2019, 7:56 pm
NotAA3 wrote:Can Krayt wankers explain why the alleged GM Luke tier combatant was given a fight by both Cade Skywalker and Wyyrlok?

Can the GM Luke wankers explain why the alleged Krayt tier combatant was given a fight by both Caedus and Lumiya?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 2nd 2019, 7:57 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:Unfortunately for you, the Abeloth fight exists. Stop dismissing it.
Don’t forget that outliers exist.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

August 2nd 2019, 7:58 pm
Yeah I'm not seeing Krayt getting anywhere, fast.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 2nd 2019, 8:01 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:
NotAA3 wrote:Can Krayt wankers explain why the alleged GM Luke tier combatant was given a fight by both Cade Skywalker and Wyyrlok?

Can the GM Luke wankers explain why the alleged Krayt tier combatant was given a fight by both Caedus and Lumiya?
It’s quite simple, Luke has a tendency to constantly hold back his power. It’s explained here: 

You’re suggesting that I’ve held myself back by not wanting to incorporate this raw power into my awareness of the Force,”Luke said.

[...]

“In that sense, your instincts about me are correct, and so were Vergere’s. The dark side has, in a sense, dominated my life. I’ve suspected for a long time that the fatigue I’ve sometimes experienced when drawing on the Force during combat owes to my fear of abusing the raw power you describe.

- The Unifying Force
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:02 pm
SA here's your answer:

Luke's StealthX nudged him again from behind-how? Caedus couldn't see. Force push? Something metallic inside the fuselage shrieked. He had a sense of someone rummaging furiously in the drives as if looking for a dropped hydrospanner, throwing fragments into the coils. He's ripping the thing apart...
Caedus tried to block Luke in the Force and suddenly got an idea of just how much power Luke could muster. His seat shot forward, sheared off the runners, tipped to one side, and he hit the console at an angle before he could buffer the collision with the Force. Something cracked in his chest. Pain flared, stopping his breathing.

Context is key.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:02 pm
@SithArchaeologist I can because Luke was given a fight by neither. Secondly, two showings don't dismiss all of the other accomplishments Luke possess. This is in total contrast to Krayt who has his entire GM Luke tier hype being based upon a singular performance and people pretending like his other performances don't exist or making up excuses to deny them. This is ignoring that I'm not at all convinced Krayt is ~ GM Luke based on that fight anyway.
AncientPower
AncientPower

August 2nd 2019, 8:03 pm
So can someone give an argument as to why Luke is especially effective here? I mean, why? He's super fast or can TK you to a chair? That's cute and all, bit I'm pretty sure rendering everything around you completely immobile and thus defenseless, is more effective.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 2nd 2019, 8:04 pm
@notAA3 yeah the fight doesn’t 100% point to a parity between them
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:04 pm
I’m going to have to say Luke for this one. Krayt’s one feat against Abeloth is hugely circumstantial and quite clearly an outlier if nothing else.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:06 pm
Krayt is honestly horse shit, I reckon I could make a reasonable case for Jacen beating him.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

August 2nd 2019, 8:13 pm
Amusing. Perhaps sometime I'll have to make a post explaining my stance more clearly.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:15 pm
Krayt is honestly horse shit, I reckon I could make a reasonable case for Jacen beating him.

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #1 - Luke Skywalker - Page 2 1289255181

Not sure Jacen could beat him but he definitely doesn't deserve the hype he gets. Really hoping he doesn't make it high on the list.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 2nd 2019, 8:18 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:So can someone give an argument as to why Luke is especially effective here? I mean, why? He's super fast or can TK you to a chair? That's cute and all, bit I'm pretty sure rendering everything around you completely immobile and thus defenseless, is more effective.
Well Luke can do this: 

Luke killed the last of Raynar's bodyguards by Force-slamming them into the wall so hard their thoraxes burst
Dark Nest III: Swarm War
I mean he did literally one-shot UnuThul’s bodyguards  ( I don’t remember whether or not they were force sensitive or not), I think he could do the same to Malgus, especially considering how he’s going to go all-out in this scenario. 
TenebrousWay
TenebrousWay

August 2nd 2019, 8:18 pm
What if Malgus kills all of them?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 2nd 2019, 8:21 pm
TenebrousWay wrote:What if Malgus kills all of them?
@TenebrousWay: Then we have a new #1.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum