Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Vader V Revan Empty Vader V Revan

April 21st 2019, 2:54 pm
Vader as of ROTJ.

Revan as of SOR.

Az Vader wank is disabled.

Who wins out of these two titans?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Vader V Revan Empty Re: Vader V Revan

April 21st 2019, 3:03 pm
Vader
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 21st 2019, 3:08 pm
Vader in an extremely difficult fight
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

April 21st 2019, 3:13 pm
Revan one-shots. C'mon now.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 21st 2019, 3:19 pm
@in-sidiousvader @mastercilghal

Reasons?

OT-Revan one-shots.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 21st 2019, 3:25 pm
I’ll allow ISV to explain. He’s the true expert on Vader here.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 21st 2019, 5:32 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:Revan one-shots. C'mon now.
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@in-sidiousvader @mastercilghal

Reasons?

OT-Revan one-shots.
Based on what does Revan one-shot?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

April 21st 2019, 5:51 pm
ILS wrote:
SithArchaeologist wrote:Revan one-shots. C'mon now.
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@in-sidiousvader @mastercilghal

Reasons?

OT-Revan one-shots.
Based on what does Revan one-shot?

The fact that he is comparable to SWTOR Vitiate, who, prior to being weakend is comparable to TPM Sidious, who likewise one-shots Vader.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 21st 2019, 5:55 pm
@ILS He's comparable to SWTOR Vitiate who possess a feat (the destruction of Ziost) which is so laughably far beyond Vader it's not even funny.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 21st 2019, 6:11 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:The fact that he is comparable to SWTOR Vitiate, who, prior to being weakend is comparable to TPM Sidious, who likewise one-shots Vader.
So SOR Revan, Vanilla Vitiate and TPM Sheev are all comparable, and because TPM Sheev oneshots Vader, so do Revan and Vitiate.

I agree with SOR Revan and SWTOR Vitiate being pretty damn close (they were pretty close in the novel if you factor in the nexus' impact, and both grew more powerful since then). I'm not privy to a single direct connection between either of them and TPM Sheev so I am assuming that you believe they are comparable to him on the basis of feats.

So I'll just ask, why do you think they can oneshot Vader? What feats suggest as much?

ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@ILS He's comparable to SWTOR Vitiate who possess a feat (the destruction of Ziost) which is so laughably far beyond Vader it's not even funny.
I'm not privy to anything that suggests either SWTOR Vitiate or Revan can level a planet's surface in a normal fight. Feel free to educate me.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 21st 2019, 6:45 pm
@ILS

I'm not privy to anything that suggests either SWTOR Vitiate or Revan can level a planet's surface in a normal fight. Feel free to educate me. wrote:

Of course, neither of them are going to drain a planet mid-battle but the fact is it's a feat exponentially better than anything Vader's accomplished especially when you consider the fact that Vitiate did it while heavily weakened.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 21st 2019, 7:08 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@ILS

Of course, neither of them are going to drain a planet mid-battle but the fact is it's a feat exponentially better than anything Vader's accomplished especially when you consider the fact that Vitiate did it while heavily weakened.
I don't see how you can feasibly quantify the feat and justify oneshotting Vader. We don't know how it was accomplished for one. We also don't know how useful the technique itself (the death wave) is in combat versus how it affects the environment.

We know different techniques produce different effects (TK will always cause far, far more environmental destruction than Force Lightning), but that doesn't always tell us their utility in a fight versus a Force wielder ( we know that lightning can cripple someone and cause their body to spasm uncontrollably in ways blunt TK cannot even if coming from the same fighter).

My point is twofold: not only am I willing to bet that Vader's Force defences are most potent than anything that was destroyed in that death wave (and probably plenty of the stuff that survived it, and that's even if the deathwave is able to be used in combat [we don't know how it was summoned]), but I'm also willing to bet that if SWTOR Vitiate or Revan took their same power and used something more along the lines of telekinesis or lightning, they would not "oneshot" Vader through his prepared defences. At least, I don't see any reason to believe they can, and am not privy to a feat where they've oneshotted a Vader level opponent.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 21st 2019, 7:21 pm
Revan.
The Witness
The Witness

April 21st 2019, 7:52 pm
I'd like to thank Ant for inviting me on here. And holy s**t, you can actually have an avatar pic without worrying about the dimensions and the size etc.
OT- Revan in a good fight
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

April 21st 2019, 7:58 pm
ILS wrote:
SithArchaeologist wrote:The fact that he is comparable to SWTOR Vitiate, who, prior to being weakend is comparable to TPM Sidious, who likewise one-shots Vader.
So SOR Revan, Vanilla Vitiate and TPM Sheev are all comparable, and because TPM Sheev oneshots Vader, so do Revan and Vitiate.

I agree with SOR Revan and SWTOR Vitiate being pretty damn close (they were pretty close in the novel if you factor in the nexus' impact, and both grew more powerful since then). I'm not privy to a single direct connection between either of them and TPM Sheev so I am assuming that you believe they are comparable to him on the basis of feats.

So I'll just ask, why do you think they can oneshot Vader? What feats suggest as much?

Yes, you're correct in that there's nothing binding Vitiate to TPM Sidious, but that is the best and most reasonable place to hold him. You could even argue he's closer to RotS Sidious. Couple things I'd like to clarify before I continue:
1. Do you hold RotS Anakin/Vader over suit prime Vader?
2. Do you hold Galen/Starkiller above suit prime Vader?

Merely trying to gauge where you hold Vader, because if you scale him far higher than I do, that changes the debate.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 21st 2019, 8:06 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:Yes, you're correct in that there's nothing binding Vitiate to TPM Sidious, but that is the best and most reasonable place to hold him. You could even argue he's closer to RotS Sidious. Couple things I'd like to clarify before I continue:

Merely trying to gauge where you hold Vader, because if you scale him far higher than I do, that changes the debate.
Yes, I have Anakin from the point he starts trouncing Dooku on the Invisible Hand (and by extension unsuited Vader) over RotJ Vader. I also think Galen/Starkiller (who appear to be the same person) is above RotJ Vader.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

April 21st 2019, 8:08 pm
Tbh base RotS Anakin can be argued as easily above RotJ Vader.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 21st 2019, 8:10 pm
Not a bad debate but yeah, I'd likely give Anakin the nod even before all the nuclear furnace heart stuff.
The Witness
The Witness

April 21st 2019, 8:20 pm
@ILS And Arkhamasylum thinks just about anyone can one-shot Vader. It is unknown if he is serious or not...
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 21st 2019, 8:22 pm
I was maybe exaggerating saying it's a one-shot tbh but it's most definitely not a good fight. Revan still trounces him.
Vasyl Kasra
Vasyl Kasra

April 21st 2019, 8:23 pm
Shadow Revan (I call him "Shrevan")
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 21st 2019, 8:26 pm
@DeadlyJedi

I don't have everyone one-shotting Vader lmao. When have I ever claimed anyone one-shots Vader except for in this thread (keep in mind I often exaggerate when discussing this stuff)?
The Witness
The Witness

April 21st 2019, 8:28 pm
@ArkhamAsylum3 Oh if you are exaggerating, then fair enough...
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

April 21st 2019, 8:59 pm
ILS wrote:
SithArchaeologist wrote:Yes, you're correct in that there's nothing binding Vitiate to TPM Sidious, but that is the best and most reasonable place to hold him. You could even argue he's closer to RotS Sidious. Couple things I'd like to clarify before I continue:

Yes, I have Anakin from the point he starts trouncing Dooku on the Invisible Hand (and by extension unsuited Vader) over RotJ Vader. I also think Galen/Starkiller (who appear to be the same person) is above RotJ Vader.

Alright. Just making sure we weren't getting into "RotJ Vader>Yoda" territory.

Vader is an absolute beast but Revan scales far above characters who have more impressive feats. Even setting aside any kind of comparability to TPM Sidious, prime Revan scales directly and vastly above Exar Kun, who has Vader-esque feats and scaling. Revan also has his performance in SoR against the SWTOR protags, the Force-users of which can also be argued as Vader-level (using Thanaton & First Son scaling).

Really no matter how you look at it, whether it's by feats or scaling, Revan trounces Vader.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

April 21st 2019, 9:11 pm
Revan doesn't scale over Exar Kun at all.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum