Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 17th 2020, 6:42 am
Message reputation : 100% (8 votes)
Tulak Hord

The Lord of Hate

Master of the Gathering Darkness


Tulak Hord: Respect Thread P510

To start, Tulak was heavily noted for his extremely proficient Lightsaber mastery and power in the Dark Side that allowed him to win many battles and conquer hundreds of planets.

His command of the dark side and mastery of lightsaber techniques won Hord many battles, and each victory earned him enemies abroad and within the Sith ranks.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex


Tulak Hord was known as a master of the mystical dark arts of the Force, using his powers to plumb the depths of life and death.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex

As Kallig rose to power, Tulak Hord – a mighty Sith Lord with legendary lightsaber skills- was waging war against the planets Yn and Chabosh.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Lord of Hate, conqueror of the planets Yn and Chabosh, and master of Sith sorcery, Tulak Hord was buried within his tomb on Korriban along with his secret teachings.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Imperial historians believe the worlds conquered by Hord number in the hundreds, but any records from his bygone era were lost in the Great Hyperspace War.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex


Tulak was even considered to be the greatest lightsaber duelist of all the ancient Sith Lords and Kotor 1/2’s period and this was also confirmed by Chris Avellone, the lead writer of Kotor 2.

"This was the tomb of Tulak Hord, known as the greatest lightsaber duelist of the Sith Lords. His skill was considered remarkable even in his time, when many true lightsaber masters lived. If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old Masters."

―Kreia (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords)

"Kreia is setting the stage for what we imagined KOTOR3 to be, and as we had a sense for the power that we wanted those Sith Lords to reveal, her predictions are accurate. And yes, she had a number of Sith holocrons that she had read (the ones on Telos)."
 
-Chris Avellone, lead writer of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords


It is also noted that Tulak never lost any individual duel.

Of the many who challenged his might, none were successful.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex


Khem Val, a Dashade and the greatest shadow assassin on Urkupp, was the servant of Tulak Hord after losing to him in a duel in which this was Khem Val’s first ever duel defeat from a Force user. Dashade tend to have Force resistance making them dangerous foes.

Centuries ago, Khem Val was the proud servant of Tulak Hord, one of the greatest Dark Lords of the Sith to ever live.

-The Old Republic Website

“I am Khem Val, servant of Tulak Hord, who was called Lord of Hate, Master of the Gathering Darkness, Dark Lord of the Sith.”

-Khem Val, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Millennia ago, Khem Val loyally served the Sith Lord Tulak Hord after the powerful Sith proved his superiority over Khem by defeating him in battle. This was the first time any Force user had bested Khem Val.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Khem Val is a cunning Dashade assassin. His resistance to the Force marks him as a deadly threat to all Jedi and Sith who oppose him.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

“I was the greatest shadow assassin on Urkupp when Tulak Hord challenged me to honorable combat and claimed his victory”

-Khem Val, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Powerful, cunning and ruthless enough to slay even the strongest Force users, Khem Val was trained as an elite assassin. After emerging from his long slumber, the Dashade is the very embodiment of death and destruction; a reminder that there are things even Sith and Jedi must fear.

- The Old Republic Website


Khem Val and Tulak devoured the life energy of thousands of Jedi in battles on Yn and Chabosh. In one Batle of Chabosh, Tulak and Khem were able to take on an army of 1,000 strong Jedi after breaking a siege of Jedi on Yn, which Khem later confirms Tulak did single-handedly. Tulak also became a lot more powerful after these battles by using a ritual to grow in power and vitality.

Khem Val devoured the life energy from thousands of Jedi in ancient battles wage on the planets Yn and Chabosh. One of Khem Val’s proudest victories came during the Battle of Chabosh, where he fought by Tulak Hord’s side to conquer an army of Jedi 1,000 strong.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

“Together, Tulak Hord and I devoured our enemies at the battles of Yn and Chabosh and brought the entire Dromund system to its knees. And now I await his return.”

-Khem Val, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"On Yn, the Jedi had laid siege to an Imperial stronghold. Tulak Hord broke the siege single-handely! And then he pressed forward to Jedi-held Chabosh, leaving nothing but Jedi blood in his wake. I never lacked Force to feed on in those days."

-Khem Val, Star Wars: The Old Republic

In the battles of Yn and Chabosh, Tulak Hord is believed to have used a ritual to draw the strength of his enemies to himself, growing his power and vitality.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex

Three hundred years after Tulak Hord, the Sith Ergast tried to recreate the ritual the Dark Lord used to devour the spirits of his enemies at Yn and Chabosh. In its place, he discovered what he called the ritual of Force-walking. Requiring a Sith of great strength of will, the ritual of Force-walking allows the user to bind the restless ghosts of dead Sith to himself. Once the ghosts are bound, the ritualist may draw from their power, channeling it into a powerful exertion of Force energy against his enemies.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex


Many of Tulak’s secrets and techniques were lost and hidden well.

The secrets behind Tulak Hord’s great power were many, and they all but vanished from the galaxy with the Dark Lord’s death. Generations of Sith have obsessed over unearthing his ancient teachings and artifacts, but Tulak Hord hid them well.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex

Supposedly he created a holocron to teach his technique to other Sith. The holocron would have been laid to rest in his tomb. Unfortunately, Tulak Hord's tomb was among the first penetrated by the graverobbers of the new Sith order. If the holocron has survived, I doubt anyone living would know its location."

―Kreia (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords)

Created by the ancient Sith Lord Tulak Hord, the Red Engine was an infernal machine powered by hate and blood. Located deep in its creator’s tomb, legend holds that those who unlock the secrets of the terrible device will gain access to the hidden teachings of Tulak Hord himself.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex

Sith Lords such as Tulak Hord and Marka Ragnos were entombed within, along with their powerful dark artifacts – protected by vicious traps and deadly guardians. Looters picked over many of the tombs during the Sith Empire’s exile, but the greatest secrets are still buried within.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Tulak Hord was buried within his tomb of Korriban along with his secret teachings. The Jedi Revan later desecrated the tomb and stole untold artifacts during the Jedi Civil War.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia


Tulak participated and won in a Kaggath which is considered a winner-takes-all competition between 2 Sith and can only be declared by recognized powerful users. Tulak erased his opponent’s name from history after the victory.

There is no greater contest of wills between Sith than the prestigious winner-takes-all competition known as the Kaggath… Only a Sith who is recognized by the Dark Council as possessing sufficient power and authority may declare a Kaggath.

Sith Lord Tulak Hord’s infamous crusade was fought beyond the furthest edge of the galaxy, where there are no stars or light. Most of these ultimate battles were fought to the death.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

When the Dark Lord of the Sith Tulak Hord fought and won his one and only Kaggath, he declared that the name of his opponent would be stricken from history – and his command was fulfilled. The Kaggath has the power not only to destroy an individual Sith, but to obliterate his entire legacy.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex


Khem Val mentions that Tulak pulled a Hammerhead-class cruiser that is around 315 meters long from the sky showing impressive Telekinesis. Tulak’s spirit is also able to throw Darth Nox away with Telekinesis in the game and the spirits of the ancients was noted to be a threat to The Emperor.

Tulak Hord once pulled a ship this size from the sky.”

-Khem Val, Star Wars: The Old Republic

The Emperor knew the spirits of the ancient Sith Lords could be a threat to his power when he returned to the known galaxy a century later.

-Star Wars: The Old Republic


Ancient Sith, such as Tulak, are said to be capable of draining a being of its life force, producing powerful Force lightning and capable of replicating Vitiate’s ritual in Nathema. They were also noted of knowing and being able to perform Nihilus’s Force draining technique.

The Sith have developed terrifying powers, such as the ability to drain a being of its life force, or unleash their hatred as crackling bolts of energy. The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld. Ancient Sith were also masters of these arts.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

“These Sith we face... they have learned how to do this. It is a technique that has been lost for some time, not seen in the days since the ancient Sith. They can use it to consume other Force Sensitives”

-Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

“It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.”

- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords


Tulak seemingly found a ritual to grant eternal life. Tulak has also used ritual imbuement many times on his possessions which drove weak-willed people to madness.

One ritual of Tulak Hord’s gets only a scant mention in the histories, but is the subject of myth and legend–a ritual rumored to grant eternal life. No one has ever managed to uncover this mythical ritual, let alone perform it.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex

Incidents of Sith Lords imbuing their most precious possessions with some fragment of their dark power appear throughout Sith history. Such ritual imbuement can be used to inflict all manner of trouble on those who would steal these terrible treasures. The Dark Lord of the Sith Tulak Hord was especially known for this practice, and many possessions of Tulak Hord’s have driven their discoverers to madness throughout the years.

-Star Wars The Old Republic Codex

An ancient Sith Lord who was buried in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban, next to the tomb of Marka Ragnos. Among his artifacts were his protective mask and helmet, which aged to a dull black over time, although the eyes retained an eerie glow. Anyone wearing the mask felt intense claustrophobia.

-Star Wars The Complete Encyclopedia 


Tulak also scales above the likes of Nihilus, who has impressive Telekinesis showings of his own.

“The blind seer, her master harnessed this technique and he is rapidly approaching the height of its power. I fear he may even rival some of the ancient Sith.”

-Kreia, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread P210

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread P310
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread P410
KingKopecz
KingKopecz

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 17th 2020, 7:05 am
Nice! I’ll be sure to read it later.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 17th 2020, 10:12 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Brilliant work man

But Christ Darth_Nihilus is gonna have a hernia when he reads this Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 3344068304
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Five
Level Five

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 17th 2020, 2:06 pm
Good work man, nice to see that other users realizing Ancient Sith are above Darth Nihilus 👍
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 17th 2020, 2:53 pm
Tulak was cool before they turned him into a transformer. Good thread though
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 18th 2020, 5:26 am
Thank you everyone.  Appreciate your comments.
Meatpants
Meatpants
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 18th 2020, 8:56 am
Great job.
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 18th 2020, 5:36 pm
Thank you.
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 18th 2020, 7:04 pm
Good thread  Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1289255181

As some have pointed out with me having a 'hernia', I do not really agree with the Nihilus scaling bit. Chris has mentioned that Kreia is 'setting the stage' and hyping up the ancient Sith that they imagined would be in KOTOR 3. Several interviews/articles have spoken about Chris's plan for KOTOR to be a trilogy and he specifically referred to the Sith lords in KOTOR 3 as 'the really ancient Sith' which further falls in line with how Kreia is meant to hype up the ancient Sith to set the stage for KOTOR 3. He even revealed that the KOTOR 3 Sith ‘were still lurking out there in the galaxy waiting for a chance to strike’ , ‘gradually revealed’, ‘initially mysterious’ and that a huge part of KOTOR 3 would be to uncover their origin stories, backstories and history. Yet Ancient Sith, like Exar Kun, were revealed way back in around 1995 and his spirit is even trapped by this timeline and Freedon Nad's spirit was also destroyed by KOTOR 2's timeline, just to name a few. I think this makes it very clear that the hype of the Ancient Sith, such as the 'rivaling' quote, in KOTOR 2 is being alluded to the ones meant to be in KOTOR 3 and not the others like Kun. This is even further supported in the first scan you posted where the question was regarding the 'rivaling' quote itself and Chris answers by specifically referring to the Ancient Sith of KOTOR 3 instead of Kun or the others. In the second scan, Chris does not even give an answer to the question which doesn't make much sense if Nihilus is a clear canonical inferior to the ancients.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 18th 2020, 7:57 pm
Ayyyy
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 18th 2020, 11:04 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@Darth Nihilus wrote:Good thread  Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1289255181

As some have pointed out with me having a 'hernia', I do not really agree with the Nihilus scaling bit. Chris has mentioned that Kreia is 'setting the stage' and hyping up the ancient Sith that they imagined would be in KOTOR 3. Several interviews/articles have spoken about Chris's plan for KOTOR to be a trilogy and he specifically referred to the Sith lords in KOTOR 3 as 'the really ancient Sith' which further falls in line with how Kreia is meant to hype up the ancient Sith to set the stage for KOTOR 3. He even revealed that the KOTOR 3 Sith ‘were still lurking out there in the galaxy waiting for a chance to strike’ , ‘gradually revealed’, ‘initially mysterious’ and that a huge part of KOTOR 3 would be to uncover their origin stories, backstories and history. Yet Ancient Sith, like Exar Kun, were revealed way back in around 1995 and his spirit is even trapped by this timeline and Freedon Nad's spirit was also destroyed by KOTOR 2's timeline, just to name a few. I think this makes it very clear that the hype of the Ancient Sith, such as the 'rivaling' quote, in KOTOR 2 is being alluded to the ones meant to be in KOTOR 3 and not the others like Kun. This is even further supported in the first scan you posted where the question was regarding the 'rivaling' quote itself and Chris answers by specifically referring to the Ancient Sith of KOTOR 3 instead of Kun or the others. In the second scan, Chris does not even give an answer to the question which doesn't make much sense if Nihilus is a clear canonical inferior to the ancients.

Several problems with your argument, noted [1] [2] and [3] below.

The quote about Kreia 'setting the stage' for the Sith in Kotor 3 comes from a question directly about Tulak Hord.
Q: "When Kreia speaks of Tulak Hord and his prowess with the Lightsaber, she mentions how ancient Sith Lords would make more modern wielders of the force look like children playing with toys. How does she know this? Is she merely speculating off of information she read? Did she come across his and other Sith holocrons? Was she just making things up? Or, given the sort of clairvoyance she showed at the end of the game, did she possibly glean this information by some kind of psychometry? If the latter most choice is viable, would you have any opinion on how Kreia would compare herself to Hord in terms of raw force power too?"

Avellone: "Kreia is setting the stage for what we imagined KOTOR3 to be, and as we had a sense for the power that we wanted those Sith Lords to reveal, her predictions are accurate. And yes, she had a number of Sith holocrons that she had read (the ones on Telos)."

Therefore, attributing the rivaling quote as a way for Kreia to hype up and set the stage for Kotor 3 Sith while excluding Tulak as a superior and only including un-made Kotor 3 ones does not work as the 'setting the stage' comes directly from a Tulak Hord question where Chris attributes the hype for Kotor 3 based on that Tulak Hord question. [1]

Secondly, part of your argument is incoherent. 

The rivaling quote states that Nihilus 'may even rival some of the ancient Sith' indicating a close proximity in power between Nihilus and those ancient Sith. On the other hand, Avellone directly mentions in the first scan that he 'envisioned the KOTOR3 Sith as far more powerful than Nihilus' indicating a large difference in power between Nihilus and those (Kotor 3) Ancient Sith. How can Nihilus be rivalling the Ancient Sith of Kotor 3 while at the same time be far inferior? This clearly means that the rivaling quote was not only directed towards Kotor 3 Ancient Sith specifically, but rather Ancient Sith in general including ones that are not specifically for Kotor 3. 

Your only way out of this would be to prove Kreia is inaccurate in her claim. However, Avellone has already confirmed her accuracy denoting that Nihilus is close to power to ancient Sith (Naga etc...) but far inferior than the Kotor 3 Ancient Sith. This is the only scaling chain that is coherent. The second scan even further confirms this where the person asking mentions that Nihilus is supposedly inferior to Ancient Sith and specifically mentions Tulak/Naga and yet Avellone does not correct him on this inaccuracy, from your point of view. Why did Avellone not correct that statement if Nihilus was not inferior or at least supposedly inferior? Because it is not an inaccurate statement.

Therefore, claiming that the rivaling quote is specifically towards the Kotor 3 Ancient Sith (only) is incoherent and incorrect. [2]

Lastly, attempting to differentiate between which ancient Sith were being hyped in the rivaling quote based on Kun being made back in the 90s does not even work for Tulak as he was not mentioned up until Kotor 1 and only developed as a character later on in the Old Republic game, which is the Kotor 3 continuation. Combine this with point [1] and your point here is flawed. [3]

Regardless, the rest of that argument hinges on the idea that Kreia's hype is only towards Kotor 3 Ancient Sith, which is fundamentally flawed as shown in [2].

General Chain: Nihilus ~ Ancient Sith << Kotor 3 Sith.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 24th 2020, 8:48 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Lastly, attempting to differentiate between which ancient Sith were being hyped in the rivaling quote based on Kun being made back in the 90s does not even work for Tulak as he was not mentioned up until Kotor 1

Isn't the Sith Lord in the images of Baas's holocron Tulak Hord?

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiigfMZ7JW313nwCC5CaSLAfmKXbAbH3TPeg&usqp=CAU
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 24th 2020, 3:09 pm
@LadyKulvax: The design matches Adas closer, but with Supernatural Encounters that is now likely Hord. Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1289255181
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 24th 2020, 5:02 pm
@LadyKulvax wrote:
Isn't the Sith Lord in the images of Baas's holocron Tulak Hord?

@DarthAnt66
 
While it isn't made explicitly clear who that person is in Tales of the Jedi, I think it is definitely Adas and not Hord. 

The circular red spot on the helmet is very characteristic to Adas and not Hord. [1]

The mouth-piece that gets connected to his throat has way more resemblance to Adas than Hord's design. [2]

The spikes on the shoulder are exactly like Adas's spikes in the newer design. [3]

The chest is nearly identical to the newer Adas design. [4]

They even have the same exact belt in the same exact place. [5]

I have highlighted these points in both pictures below in different colors for clarity. 

Also, I think this was Arca Jeth's holocron btw.
Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Captur14Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Captur15
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 24th 2020, 6:28 pm
@Rei: Yep, the character design definitely matches Adas, but Adas doesn’t carry a lightsaber, the description labels that dark-sider as a fallen Jedi, Hord’s look is not *that* different, and the background and dark side minions are almost certainly not on Korriban. So, I think Hord overall fits the image better. In-universe, perhaps the appearances of Hord and Adas have been confused over time.

Or, perhaps, some other Exile grabbed Adas’ armor. Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1668617588
Zenwolf
Zenwolf

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

on November 24th 2020, 8:17 pm
@DarthAnt66 wrote:@Rei: Yep, the character design definitely matches Adas, but Adas doesn’t carry a lightsaber, the description labels that dark-sider as a fallen Jedi, Hord’s look is not *that* different, and the background and dark side minions are almost certainly not on Korriban. So, I think Hord overall fits the image better. In-universe, perhaps the appearances of Hord and Adas have been confused over time.

Or, perhaps, some other Exile grabbed Adas’ armor. Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1668617588

I mean King Adas did have contact with the Ratakan and then took their technology after they wanted to take Korriban, so he could have gotten himself a Forcesaber. Though yeah, the image never did specify who that dark sider was so I dunno if it should be placed as either or.
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Yesterday at 7:28 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@DarthAnt66 wrote:@Rei: Yep, the character design definitely matches Adas, but Adas doesn’t carry a lightsaber, the description labels that dark-sider as a fallen Jedi, Hord’s look is not *that* different, and the background and dark side minions are almost certainly not on Korriban. So, I think Hord overall fits the image better. In-universe, perhaps the appearances of Hord and Adas have been confused over time.

Or, perhaps, some other Exile grabbed Adas’ armor. Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1668617588

@DarthAnt66

It is true that Adas doesn't carry a lightsaber as he carried a pair of battle axes when he fought (which aren't present in the scan). It is also true that the planet could not be Korriban as you can see a Human victim right below whoever that person is. The dark-sider is implied to be a fallen Jedi but Tulak was raised in the dark side of the Force throughout his life and was never a Jedi at any point. 

This makes me think that your last point is most likely true. An Exile probably grabbed Adas' armor after taking over Korriban and enslaving the Pure Sith there. This explains why the lightsaber is present and why the armor is Adas' armor. If you also look to the left, the person carrying the long pole seems to resemble Adas's species and specifically the Massassi warriors whom the Exiles are noted to have used in their conquests due to their brute muscles. They are shown to carry a long-pole type of weapon several times.

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Captur17Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Captur16

It also explains why there was an implication of fallen Jedi (Which doesn't suit Adas or Tulak) because this is one of the Exiles and a Dark Jedi. 

To summarize, this is probably an image of a Dark Jedi and one of the Exiles shown conquering another world whilst using the Massassi warriors in their conquests. The Dark Jedi probably grabbed Adas' armor at some point and is using it in battle with his lightsaber. This is the only explanation I found that makes things coherent. (It also makes more sense to me than Tulak and Adas being confused over time)
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Yesterday at 7:56 am
@Zenwolf wrote:
I mean King Adas did have contact with the Ratakan and then took their technology after they wanted to take Korriban, so he could have gotten himself a Forcesaber. Though yeah, the image never did specify who that dark sider was so I dunno if it should be placed as either or.

The technology is never stated to have allowed the development of Lightsabers. It allowed the Pure Sith to build their first holocron after they learned it from the Rakata and this was a luring attempt by the Rakata to gain the pure Sith's confidence and trust. It is really doubtful that they would teach the pure Sith to build something like lightsabers when they had bad intentions of conquering Korriban in the first place. Even King Adas's descendants are never shown to utilize lightsabers (had they developed that from the Rakata let alone King Adas). They are shown to use "Sith Sword" whom one of the Exiles mentions the Pure Sith used as an alternative or substitute to what the Exiles used (lightsabers) and they were heavy swords. They also used "Sith war sword" which was a two-bladed staff. The pure Sith were heavily noted for their craftsmanship as well, which resonates more to the making of swords and heavy metal weapons than lightsabers. Even then, I highly doubt someone like Adas who is used to using 2 pairs of axes would suddenly swap to a lightsaber in the period of time that the Rakata were on Korriban even if they had developed lightsabers. There is also a human below the person in the scan which wouldn't make sense to be on Korriban in that period of time and the pure Sith only started expanding to other planets after the Rakata incident, in which Adas dies, as it offended their pride to realize that they aren't the only ones present.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Yesterday at 11:45 am
@Rei: Note that Supernatural Encounters plans to officially make Hord one of the original fallen Jedi Exiles as it’s the only time period he can fall in. The Sith only fought one war with the Jedi between the Hundred-Year Darkness and the Great Hyperspace War and that was a revenge war led by some of the original Exiles. Hord also scattered artifacts and fought battles across Republic space, which would only have been accessible to the Sith during this war. It’s still easily plausible one of his contemporaries donned Adas’ armor in their conquests instead of Jedi histories confusing Adas’ and Hord’s armor, though. 

Great thread and welcome to SI, BTW. Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1289255181
Zenwolf
Zenwolf

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Yesterday at 12:10 pm
@Rei wrote:
@Zenwolf wrote:
I mean King Adas did have contact with the Ratakan and then took their technology after they wanted to take Korriban, so he could have gotten himself a Forcesaber. Though yeah, the image never did specify who that dark sider was so I dunno if it should be placed as either or.

The technology is never stated to have allowed the development of Lightsabers. It allowed the Pure Sith to build their first holocron after they learned it from the Rakata and this was a luring attempt by the Rakata to gain the pure Sith's confidence and trust. It is really doubtful that they would teach the pure Sith to build something like lightsabers when they had bad intentions of conquering Korriban in the first place. Even King Adas's descendants are never shown to utilize lightsabers (had they developed that from the Rakata let alone King Adas). They are shown to use "Sith Sword" whom one of the Exiles mentions the Pure Sith used as an alternative or substitute to what the Exiles used (lightsabers) and they were heavy swords. They also used "Sith war sword" which was a two-bladed staff. The pure Sith were heavily noted for their craftsmanship as well, which resonates more to the making of swords and heavy metal weapons than lightsabers. Even then, I highly doubt someone like Adas who is used to using 2 pairs of axes would suddenly swap to a lightsaber in the period of time that the Rakata were on Korriban even if they had developed lightsabers. There is also a human below the person in the scan which wouldn't make sense to be on Korriban in that period of time and the pure Sith only started expanding to other planets after the Rakata incident, in which Adas dies, as it offended their pride to realize that they aren't the only ones present.

Forcesaber not Lightsaber.

But yeah, I'm just merely stating that as a possibility, though you are right in that King Adas would probably not go for a Forcesaber even if he had Ratakan technology.

More likely it's just some random Sith who either took his armor or armored inspired by him.
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Yesterday at 5:18 pm
@DarthAnt66 wrote:@Rei: Note that Supernatural Encounters plans to officially make Hord one of the original fallen Jedi Exiles as it’s the only time period he can fall in. The Sith only fought one war with the Jedi between the Hundred-Year Darkness and the Great Hyperspace War and that was a revenge war led by some of the original Exiles. Hord also scattered artifacts and fought battles across Republic space, which would only have been accessible to the Sith during this war.
@DarthAnt66

Really? But then wouldn't this make Tulak an inferior to Ajunta Pall since he was the leader of the original Exiles? The revenge war between Hundred-Year Darkness and the Great Hyperspace War was also lead by Baron Dreypa which would make Tulak inferior to him as well I am guessing but I got the impression that Tulak was the leader and the superior of his time and in how he conquered hundreds of worlds. Is it ever stated how long this war was and what happened exactly? (Other than the defeat of the Dark Jedi in the end).

Great thread and welcome to SI, BTW. Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1289255181

Thank you  Tulak Hord: Respect Thread 1289255181
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Yesterday at 11:07 pm
@Rei: Ajunta Pall led the Exiles in the Hundred Year Darkness, but he stayed on Korriban and didn't fight in the subsequent war (to be known as the Qaldyon Reckoning). There's ample time and reason for Hord to have surpassed Pall across his "many years" crusading against the Jedi and consuming the souls of armies. Note that Hord also ultimately outlives Pall and becomes the next Dark Lord of the Sith. 

Dreypa never led the Exiles in the Qaldyon Reckoning--his ship was intercepted and isolated by the Jedi before he participated in the war. I don't even think the Exiles fought as a team there. It seems to have been all more independently waged crusades, with Hord and Aloysius Kallig as a faction, Karness Muur and his rakghoul plague as another faction, Sorzus Syn and Terrak Morrhage as a third faction, etc. Muur was likely killed by another Exile, Hord apparently shifted his attention to his Kaggath with Kallig and then ruling as Dark Lord, Syn and Morrhage were defeated, etc. We'll find out the full timeline when Supernatural Encounters comes out, though.
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Today at 12:59 am
@DarthAnt66 wrote:@Rei: Ajunta Pall led the Exiles in the Hundred Year Darkness, but he stayed on Korriban and didn't fight in the subsequent war (to be known as the Qaldyon Reckoning). There's ample time and reason for Hord to have surpassed Pall across his "many years" crusading against the Jedi and consuming the souls of armies. Note that Hord also ultimately outlives Pall and becomes the next Dark Lord of the Sith. 

Dreypa never led the Exiles in the Qaldyon Reckoning--his ship was intercepted and isolated by the Jedi before he participated in the war. I don't even think the Exiles fought as a team there. It seems to have been all more independently waged crusades, with Hord and Aloysius Kallig as a faction, Karness Muur and his rakghoul plague as another faction, Sorzus Syn and Terrak Morrhage as a third faction, etc. Muur was likely killed by another Exile, Hord apparently shifted his attention to his Kaggath with Kallig and then ruling as Dark Lord, Syn and Morrhage were defeated, etc. We'll find out the full timeline when Supernatural Encounters comes out, though.

Yes Dreypa's ship was intercepted before the war but I think he was the one leading the return to Republic space and vengeance and that is why I was wondering how long the war was. If the war was a short one then it would be more difficult to explain Hord's tremendous increase in power in such a short span of time when he was supposedly inferior to Dreypa initially. If the war was relatively long then it could explain Hord's substantial growth throughout his crusade and consumption of Jedi. But yeah we will find out what happened exactly when it comes out and I think it will be pretty exciting to discover Tulak more as a character and the war itself.

Btw Tulak never had a Kaggath with Kallig. He got him assassinated in a planned ambush.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Today at 2:30 am
@Rei: It seems that Dreypa and his band left separately from Hord and the others, as Sorzus Syn wasn't a part of his group and all those under Dreypa ended up not fighting in the war proper. The war was noted to have been for "so many years," so Hord has ample opportunity to grow anyway, yeah. Also, it's heavily implied that Hord and Kallig fought in a Kaggath. We know Hord fought in a Kaggath versus someone, that the loser of a Kaggath is wiped from history, that Hord viewed Kallig as a rival, and that Kallig's history and legacy was ultimately wiped from history. From what I heard, Supernatural Encounters will likely make this dynamic official, too.
Rei
Rei

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Today at 4:38 am
@DarthAnt66 wrote:@Rei: It seems that Dreypa and his band left separately from Hord and the others, as Sorzus Syn wasn't a part of his group and all those under Dreypa ended up not fighting in the war proper. The war was noted to have been for "so many years," so Hord has ample opportunity to grow anyway, yeah. Also, it's heavily implied that Hord and Kallig fought in a Kaggath. We know Hord fought in a Kaggath versus someone, that the loser of a Kaggath is wiped from history, that Hord viewed Kallig as a rival, and that Kallig's history and legacy was ultimately wiped from history. From what I heard, Supernatural Encounters will likely make this dynamic official, too.

I have always initially thought it was Kallig that lost the Kaggath with Tulak for the reasons you stated but then the Old Republic Encyclopedia states: 

"In an attack planned by Tulak Hord, Kallig was ambushed and killed. As Kallig's family fled into hiding, Kallig was entombed on Dromund Kaas"

Then Kallig in the Old Republic game remarks about being betrayed and letting his guard down and being taken by surprise which sort of gave me the impression that he was killed in an assassination plan plotted by Tulak to take him out rather than an official Kaggath. His family going into hiding may explain why he is no longer known. But then it might also mean that Tulak challenged Kallig to a Kaggath and he felt betrayed by this and subsequently died by an ambush plotted by Tulak and then his name was erased from history after the Kaggath defeat. So I think it could definitely be Kallig or it could be some other unknown person as well.
Sponsored content

Tulak Hord: Respect Thread Empty Re: Tulak Hord: Respect Thread

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum