Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Darth Krayt vs Yoda - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Krayt vs Yoda

December 11th 2020, 9:24 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Yoda pretty easily. Unless you’re someone that thinks Krayt > Aayla Secura which I just can’t get behind
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 11th 2020, 9:29 am
Yoda, great fight.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

December 11th 2020, 9:31 am
:traitor:
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 11th 2020, 9:32 am
CuckedCurry wrote::traitor:

You know where I stand on Krayt, don't start. Darth Krayt vs Yoda - Page 2 1648373583
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

December 11th 2020, 10:02 am
You should be standing on his neck and supporting the cause as opposed to supporting a character who’s sole purpose was to die, revitaliise himself and then died again a day later, and whose sole form of hype comes from some hollow shadow realm showing where he performs far better than he does in literally every other instance (solely because he’s in the shadow realm) . Happy to forget that he’s sub Kun on neutral ground though aren’t you laddy
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 11th 2020, 5:34 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:You should be standing on his neck and supporting the cause as opposed to supporting a character who’s sole purpose was to die, revitaliise himself and then died again a day later, and whose sole form of hype comes from some hollow shadow realm showing where he performs far better than he does in literally every other instance (solely because he’s in the shadow realm) . Happy to forget that he’s sub Kun on neutral ground though aren’t you laddy

Darth Krayt vs Yoda - Page 2 4183286560
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

December 11th 2020, 6:10 pm
The Found wrote:Krayt pretty easily. Unless you're someone that thinks Sidious > Krayt which I just can't get behind.

Why do you think Krayt > Sidious?
The Found
The Found

December 11th 2020, 11:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
TheNuisanceBird wrote:
The Found wrote:Krayt pretty easily. Unless you're someone that thinks Sidious > Krayt which I just can't get behind.

If he was below RotS Sidious he wouldn't have survived Abeloth's full-power (in the given context) attacks. Those same attacks (give or take a few hairs if you want to split them) left Luke on the brink of death. In Beyond Shadows your attack potency, defence, Force reserves, basically all of your attributes, are tied directly to the size of your essence. Being damaged reduces the size of your essence and thus weakens you. We saw this when Abeloth's avatars gradually became weaker after Krayt damaged her. When the essence is damaged enough it reaches zero and dies.

Ergo, looking at the amount of damage an essence can take per attack and survive is a reliable metric not only for it's own reserves, but its overall power, which includes attack, defense etc.

In a nutshell, if a weaker Force user than Luke or Krayt, or at least, a significantly weaker Force user had been hit with the same lightning/tentacle attacks, they would have died.

You can argue (and I'd agree) that what happens Beyond Shadows isn't reflective of what happens in the physical world, since you exist there as purely energy rather than a physical being. However, it does reflect the Force power of the individuals. So you take the Force power (in this case fairly close to FotJ Luke) and ask "what happens if Krayt returns to the physical world?"

From there, based on what I can tell, FotJ Luke is far and away more powerful than RotS Sidious. Ergo if Krayt is as close to Luke as the Abeloth fight indicates he is necessarily closer to Luke than he is Sidious. And since being more powerful typically leads to winning the fight, I think it's safe to say Krayt would beat RotS Sheev. I personally have him closer to OT Sheev.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 12th 2020, 3:52 am
Krayt doesn't make it past Sharad Hett, Yoda murders
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

December 14th 2020, 12:03 pm
The Found wrote:
TheNuisanceBird wrote:

If he was below RotS Sidious he wouldn't have survived Abeloth's full-power (in the given context) attacks. Those same attacks (give or take a few hairs if you want to split them) left Luke on the brink of death. In Beyond Shadows your attack potency, defence, Force reserves, basically all of your attributes, are tied directly to the size of your essence. Being damaged reduces the size of your essence and thus weakens you. We saw this when Abeloth's avatars gradually became weaker after Krayt damaged her. When the essence is damaged enough it reaches zero and dies.

Ergo, looking at the amount of damage an essence can take per attack and survive is a reliable metric not only for it's own reserves, but its overall power, which includes attack, defense etc.

In a nutshell, if a weaker Force user than Luke or Krayt, or at least, a significantly weaker Force user had been hit with the same lightning/tentacle attacks, they would have died.

You can argue (and I'd agree) that what happens Beyond Shadows isn't reflective of what happens in the physical world, since you exist there as purely energy rather than a physical being. However, it does reflect the Force power of the individuals. So you take the Force power (in this case fairly close to FotJ Luke) and ask "what happens if Krayt returns to the physical world?"

From there, based on what I can tell, FotJ Luke is far and away more powerful than RotS Sidious. Ergo if Krayt is as close to Luke as the Abeloth fight indicates he is necessarily closer to Luke than he is Sidious. And since being more powerful typically leads to winning the fight, I think it's safe to say Krayt would beat RotS Sheev. I personally have him closer to OT Sheev.

Fair enough. I'd say ROTS Sidious takes sabers though.
The Found
The Found

December 14th 2020, 12:44 pm
Well that would mean that Krayt is disproportionately bad at sabers if he's losing to someone who he's more powerful than. I'd argue he wins. He casually tooled Cade to the point calling it a blitz isn't a total exaggeration, who is at least Maul/Kenobi level, dominated Wyyrlok who is much more powerful than Cade via scaling, and obviously receives pretty great scaling from A'Sharad fighting Kenobi.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

December 14th 2020, 2:16 pm
The Found wrote:Well that would mean that Krayt is disproportionately bad at sabers if he's losing to someone who he's more powerful than. I'd argue he wins. He casually tooled Cade to the point calling it a blitz isn't a total exaggeration, who is at least Maul/Kenobi level, dominated Wyyrlok who is much more powerful than Cade via scaling, and obviously receives pretty great scaling from A'Sharad fighting Kenobi.

True but neither of those three are a Vaapad amped Mace or Yoda.

I'd say in sabers at the very least they're about equal. Take into account augmentation and ROTS Sidious's Force powers I guess I can see why some people say Krayt > Sidious.
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

December 14th 2020, 7:38 pm
Yoda in a good fight.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 14th 2020, 7:40 pm
Krayt.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

December 15th 2020, 8:58 am
So glad to see more Krayt respect Darth Krayt vs Yoda - Page 2 2266747095
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

December 15th 2020, 9:25 am
Krayt. His showings vs Abeloth push him beyond anything Yoda has done.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

December 15th 2020, 11:09 am
Trayus Marauder wrote:Krayt. His showings vs Abeloth push him beyond anything Yoda has done.

Wasn't Krayt significantly amped in that performance?
The Found
The Found

December 15th 2020, 11:10 am
Cucked cuckedcurry gets curried by cuck in 1080p HD
The Found
The Found

December 15th 2020, 11:10 am
Mysteryman06 wrote:
Trayus Marauder wrote:Krayt. His showings vs Abeloth push him beyond anything Yoda has done.

Wasn't Krayt significantly amped in that performance?
No?
The Found
The Found

December 15th 2020, 11:18 am
Even if you say the font is a nexus, there's a difference between being able to sense one and using it. Examples:

Bane can sense the Lehon nexus from orbit but it's not until he physically touches the ground that he feels a power difference in himself.

Bane and Wyyrlok using the Prakith nexus to navigate through a wild hyperspace passage.

Force Hounds in Dawn of the Jedi sensing Force rich planets from different star systems.

Even when Ben and Vestara were in the same room as the Font (whereas Luke and Krayt were nowhere near it) Ben only sensed it when he was especially close to it and Vestara had to actively draw on it to use it, whereas Ben was said to have chosen not to use it at all.

You can say Abeloth's planet is a nexus, but then Beyond Shadows wasn't in the same physical location as the area it represented anyway so that point is irrelevant. The only reason people bring the font nexus up in the first place is because it's an object which actually exists in multiple realms at the same time, unlike physical locations.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 15th 2020, 11:22 am
The Found was meant to be The Lost who abandoned the Krayt wank and finally transform into The Found. Instead The Found insists being The Lost again.
The Found
The Found

December 15th 2020, 11:24 am
Maybe the Lost was Found.

Darth Krayt vs Yoda - Page 2 39523600 Darth Krayt vs Yoda - Page 2 2864379292 Darth Krayt vs Yoda - Page 2 1143629744
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

December 15th 2020, 11:30 am
:polishdebater:
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

December 15th 2020, 7:18 pm
Yoda stomps via canonical superiority.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

December 15th 2020, 9:19 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:Yoda stomps via canonical superiority.

Such as?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum