Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

Focus: Azrakel Empty Focus: Azrakel

November 2nd 2020, 2:04 pm
Message reputation : 100% (10 votes)
Focus: Azrakel 450

When I first planned to make this, I considered creating threads for the Prophets of the Dark Side and Kadann first. However Zenwolf already has made a thread far better than I could, so before reading this thread I’d check it out first: 

https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t3733-prophets-of-the-dark-side-respect-threadlegends

It also includes some information about Azrakel, but I want to expand upon him. 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“The Emperor found the young man, strong in the Force”

Sidious specifically selects Azrakel, and he’s noted to be strong in the force. 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“...and decided to expose him to the full force of the dark side. For weeks on end, the Emperor conducted his dark side experiments, hoping to see how long it would take for an unprepared mind to shatter. Time passed, and the Emperor grew bored and moved on to other matters.”

Sidious (with the help of Kadann) exposed Azrakel to the full force of the dark side, through numerous experiments with the express purpose of shattering his mind. And Azrakel survived it to the point where Sidious grew bored. 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“In secret and with the raw power of the dark side, Kadann recreated Azrakel. He trained the young man as he had been taught, providing him with the mentoring necessary to harness his power and strengthen his abilities”

Azrakel was then “recreated” and trained by Kadann personally. 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“He was a blank slate upon which Kadann could create his own apprentice-a tool to use when and if he made his own play for control of the Empire”

Kadann chose Azrakel specifically to serve as his own apprentice, despite having a multitude of prophets at hand, as well as having trained the Emperor’s hands, reach and eyes. Which should mean he thinks Azrakel is above all of them. 

Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties wrote wrote:“was that Merili's mind seemed to partially exist there. She was thus not only able to witness coming events with uncanny clarity, but on rare occasion she was able to in fact manipulate them, much like a skilled Jedi Master can influence the outcome of a conflict using Battle Meditation. Needless to say, the stresses of temporal ambiguity made Merili's hold on reality tenuous at best.”

To show why its impressive, one of the Emperor’s eyes was so gifted her mind partially existed in the future.

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“As Azrakel, the young man grew strong in body and in the Force. He became Kadann's secret weapon, his tool for performing covert acts that increased his own power and prestige.”

Azrakel grew strong and increased Kadann’s power and prestige. Note that at this point Kadann already was one of the highest-ranking members of the Empire. 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“Azrakel was nothing more than raw hatred and anger, the dark side personified”

Azrakel was “the dark side personified” 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“In time, Azrakel even grew to hate Kadann, and eventually cut himself off from both the Prophets and the Empire.”

Once deciding to, Azrakel escaped the Prophets and the Empire. 

The Dark Side Sourcebook - stolen directly from Zen's thread wrote:Kadann knew the dark warrior still lived, for he could feel his hatred as a beacon in the Force. But he trained Azrakel too well. The dark warrior was highly skilled and possessed powerful survival instincts. 

Azrakel survived the destruction of the empire, was noted to be "highly skilled" and having "powerful survival instincts". Azrakel's hatred was "a beacon in the Force". 

Focus: Azrakel STlY47N

An extensive list of Azrakel's skills, equipment and powers (listing them would just be repeating what it says). This is also stolen from Zen's thread. 

Jedi Academy Training Manual - provided by @\"Darth Nihilus" wrote:Azrakel hides himself and his dark powers from the galaxy at large by staying away from the Core Worlds. He becomes a mercenary, which proves to be a lucrative career as well as a means to vent his hostility. He gives no quarter, cutting down his targets with a level of zeal that concerns even his most coldblooded employers.”

[size=16]“Azrakel operates mostly in the Outer Rim Territories, the Corporate Sector, and even Wild Space as a ruthless mercenary. He can be a dangerous enemy, working as a hired henchman for a powerful crime lord, or even as the primary antagonist bent on the destruction of the Jedi Order before it has time to rebuild after the fall of the Empire.”

[/size]

After leaving the Empire Azrakel becomes a highly successful mercenary who scares his employers. 

Star Wars Insider 66 - provided by Nihilus wrote:“While Kadann was aboard, Makati’s voice erupted from the comm: "Your 'subordinate' Azrakel was kind enough to help me find you, my Emperor. He doesn't care for your sparkly dress either."

Azrakel tracks down a fake Kadann. 

Now is when it gets interesting: 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“He would appear again, Kadann knew, but at a time and place of his own choosing. And with the objects of his hatred gone, Kadann assumed that Azrakel's anger would turn toward him. Kadann was disappointed, but he wasn't afraid. He would be ready when the confrontation came.”

Kadann predicted Azrakel would try to kill him, but was unafraid, knowing he’d be ready. 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“When Kadann looked deep into the dark side prior to the Battle of Endor, he saw a myriad of possibilities. One of the strongest was the return of balance to the Force and the end of the Empire. The Emperor dismissed his warnings, for he had not seen anything of the sort during his own meditations.”  

Kadann’s skill in prophecy is greater than that of the emperor himself, and he sees all the possibilities of an event, so it's safe to say that his estimate of Azrakel vs himself is pretty accurate. So we have Kadann > Azrakel. 

Polyhedron 103 wrote wrote:“Kadann is an enigma. He is currently the most powerful Force User around, outstripping even Luke Skywalker. Indeed, Kadann's abilities come close to equaling the Emperor at the height of his power.”

(since I don’t have access to it, I took the quote from here https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-prophets-of-the-dark-side-respect-thread-1812686/ )

This makes sense, since as shown above, Kadann was compared to the Emperor (ROTJ, since this is before DE), and stated as > Luke. Do note that Polyhedron 103 isn't licensed and therefore not official canon. However it was written by the same that wrote the sourcebooks and never contradicted, therefore making it at least able to show their intent. 

Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties wrote wrote:“Meanwhile, the real Prophets continued to plot from the planet Bosthirda, until they were found by their most dangerous and embittered pupil, Azrakel, on a tip from a mysterious source. Armed with his double-bladed lightsaber and Darth Vader's prophesied gauntlet, Azrakel managed to destroy a number of the flabbergasted Prophets, including Supreme Prophet Kadann, before being permanently put down.”

But when the confrontation does occur, Azrakel not only kills Kadann, he kills multiple of the other prophets as well before they finally kill him. So suddenly we have Azrakel > Kadann + other prophets. Why is that? 

Well the only changed factor is mentioned in the quote; Azrakel has Vader’s gauntlet. So Vader’s gauntlet made Azrakel from < Kadann to > Kadann+. It's even possible that Azrakel killed other high-tiers like Jedgar (since they all were dead, and Azrakel killing them seems more likely than Lumiya/Jax). 

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote wrote:“He [Azrakel] hated the Emperor, and Kadann taught him to also hate Darth Vader, the Emperor's most trusted servant (and perhaps Kadann's most powerful enemy, if the darksider ever decided to make his play for power).”

This huge boost in power makes sense, since it's noted that if Kadann ever tried to move against the Emperor (with Azrakel’s help), Vader would be his most powerful enemy. 

So there you have it. I decided to make this thread both to bring attention to a more obscure character, and to show a new type of scaling for Vader. 

Hope you enjoyed, and have a good day Focus: Azrakel 228124001

Last edited by Nute_Chethray on November 11th 2020, 5:05 am; edited 4 times in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Focus: Azrakel Empty Re: Focus: Azrakel

November 2nd 2020, 2:14 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
power
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 2nd 2020, 2:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
It’s nice yes. Wish we got more on this guy and the Prophets in general honestly. But nice write up. A bit I’m not entirely sure I’d take at face value with Karan near equaling the Emperor, but that’s just me. Certainly though I could see him above Luke though within the timeframe.

Also here’s the Prophets thread over here which I believe has some info missing here for Azra.

Prophets of the Darkside
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

November 2nd 2020, 2:25 pm
Zenwolf wrote:It’s nice yes. Wish we got more on this guy and the Prophets in general honestly. But nice write up. A bit I’m not entirely sure I’d take at face value with Karan near equaling the Emperor, but that’s just me. Certainly though I could see him above Luke though within the timeframe.

Also here’s the Prophets thread over here which I believe has some info missing here for Azra.

Prophets of the Darkside
I think its ambigous to how close to the Emperor Kadann is, so one shouldn't consider him quite at his level even if taken at face value. 

I considered adding that information actually, but I figured having linked that post (and since its not entirely coherent with the over-arching line of thought behind the thread) it would be simple enough to find. Although since only two things are lacking I might actually add it anyways. 

Glad you liked the thread, and yeah I agree that we have way too little info on them.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

November 2nd 2020, 2:25 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:power
POWER
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 2nd 2020, 4:44 pm
Nute_Chethray wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:It’s nice yes. Wish we got more on this guy and the Prophets in general honestly. But nice write up. A bit I’m not entirely sure I’d take at face value with Karan near equaling the Emperor, but that’s just me. Certainly though I could see him above Luke though within the timeframe.

Prophets of the Darkside
I think its ambigous to how close to the Emperor Kadann is, so one shouldn't consider him quite at his level even if taken at face value. 

I considered adding that information actually, but I figured having linked that post (and since its not entirely coherent with the over-arching line of thought behind the thread) it would be simple enough to find. Although since only two things are lacking I might actually add it anyways. 

Glad you liked the thread, and yeah I agree that we have way too little info on them.

True it is and out of everyone within the Empire, barring Vader. Kadann should be the next closest to him, which I suppose makes sense if Vader would be his greatest enemy. Still all of this does help Vader indeed. I think many just overlook a lot of the more obscure or even generalized Force Users within the SWU.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

November 2nd 2020, 5:32 pm
Yeah thats why I figured I'd make this, give some more information on Vader's standing without repeating the same arguments Focus: Azrakel 228124001

Your thread helped me alot as well
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 2nd 2020, 5:43 pm
Nute_Chethray wrote:Yeah thats why I figured I'd make this, give some more information on Vader's standing without repeating the same arguments Focus: Azrakel 228124001

Your thread helped me alot as well

I try, I feel it makes a lot more sense to look at the basic level of the SWU and then work upwards to the actual character, rather than just looking at the character themselves and what they've pulled off, hence why I created so many general SW respect threads. I mean sure it's a lot more work, but then you can really figure out just how powerful a character could/should be.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

November 3rd 2020, 7:24 am
One of the best threads on the site.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

November 3rd 2020, 7:32 am
LadyKulvax wrote:One of the best threads on the site.
Thank you! Focus: Azrakel 228124001
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 3rd 2020, 12:37 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Focus: Azrakel 3344068304🤤CHETH🤤Focus: Azrakel 3344068304
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray