Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

SS -  Darth Plagueis (Meatpants) vs Galen Marek (ArkhamAsylum3) - Page 5 Empty Re: SS - Darth Plagueis (Meatpants) vs Galen Marek (ArkhamAsylum3)

July 12th 2020, 1:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First of all I want to congratulate both @NotAA3 and @Meatpants for their awesome work. This debate was clearly a really good one and I enjoy (nearly) all of it.

Nonetheless I must choose which one win based on the argumentation that both provided. I will use the different points mentionned in their respective conclusion to explain my decision.

Sidious' biological potential reached in TPM:
Here, MP argued that after the death of Plagueis Sidious reached his full potential and used some example (such as his fight with Windu) to prove that . AA3 counter by providing some quotes claiming that they prove an augmentation of Sidious power since his TPM boost.  I think that on this part AA3 didn't spend enough time and thus didn't provide a correct answer to the argument made by his opponent through the debate. I give this part to MP.

Sidious fear of Plagueis:
The reflexion made by MP is that the fear that Sidious feel is the proof that despite the boost of power he received isn't sure at all that he can defeat Plagueis if the latter isn't dead. HP claimed that the problem was more the possibility of Plagueis imortality and some other esoteric power that he keep as back up than him being as powerful as Sidious. On this point I think that MP answer wasn't as good as his opponent argumentation and thus I view HP as the winner on this point.

TFU Sidious vs Galen:
The point of MP was that Galen is no match for Sidious despite entering in Oneness, so classic Galen wouldn't stand a chance to Plagueis in addition he exaplained that Sidious tanked the full blast of Galen oneness. AA3 argued that the quote only speak of base Marek and that Sidious only takes part of an omnidirectional blast. Here I think that HP argumentation wasn't really efficient and thus I give the point to MP.

Vader-Ventress Scaling:
HP brought on the table a quote putting Vader above Ventress by a pretty huge margin then using this quote to show that Vader at this time is far above TPM Maul. MP explained that the quote only refers to training and not power. The counter seems less effective than the argument.

Vader vs Galen:
Certainly the most debated point of this entire debate and a really close one from my perspective. Lots of argument have been made from both side but I feel that MP have the point here: Vader isn't in Galen ragdoll range.

Starkiller potential:
This part of the debate seems a bit obscure to me even after reading it again and again. However I find the argumentation from AA3 not as clear and efficient than the one from MP therefore giving him the point.

~VERDICT~:
After a long and harsh reflexion I think that even though @Meatpants win most of the point through the debate and overall presented a better argumentation, the crucial point where its rethoric failed made his whole argumentation fall apart. In addition to this, I feel that @NotAA3 successfully defend his case for Starkiller in some areas allowing his scaling to survived better than the one of his opponent.
Thus I vote for @NotAA3 as the winner.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

SS -  Darth Plagueis (Meatpants) vs Galen Marek (ArkhamAsylum3) - Page 5 Empty Re: SS - Darth Plagueis (Meatpants) vs Galen Marek (ArkhamAsylum3)

July 12th 2020, 1:20 pm
@Xolthol: Thanks for taking the time to judge the debate when @DarthAnt66 failed us. SS -  Darth Plagueis (Meatpants) vs Galen Marek (ArkhamAsylum3) - Page 5 1289255181
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

July 12th 2020, 2:06 pm
It seems we're at an impasse.

Thank you @xolthol for judging.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

July 12th 2020, 7:37 pm
cool debate. one of most well done imo. good job guys
MP

September 15th 2020, 3:25 am
Ethanion was approved judge by both parties and has declared Meatpants the winner.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum