Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

Kenobi vs Dooku's lightning Empty Kenobi vs Dooku's lightning

September 2nd 2020, 12:14 pm
I just realised I've never heard an explaination for how Kenobi could so casually block Dooku's lightning in AotC when Dooku was significantly superior to him at that point. So are there any or is it just some sort of outlier?
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Kenobi vs Dooku's lightning Empty Re: Kenobi vs Dooku's lightning

September 2nd 2020, 12:47 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
It’s not an outlier; Dooku just didn’t exert his Force powers that much when he used Lightning to attack Kenobi, he only unleashed a brief burst.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

September 2nd 2020, 1:06 pm
It’s stated only a Jedi as powerful as Yoda could withstand Dooku’s TK/lightning.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 2nd 2020, 1:14 pm
Latham2000 wrote:It’s not an outlier; Dooku just didn’t exert his Force powers that much when he used Lightning to attack Kenobi, he only unleashed a brief burst.

Is it stated he didn't exert himself fully there? Even a brief burst can be unleashed with maximum potency.

Level Three
Level Three

September 2nd 2020, 1:20 pm
Master Azronger wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:It’s not an outlier; Dooku just didn’t exert his Force powers that much when he used Lightning to attack Kenobi, he only unleashed a brief burst.

Is it stated he didn't exert himself fully there? Even a brief burst can be unleashed with maximum potency.

There isn't a statement, I'm just assuming he didn't because there's no sign that he put in a lot of effort.
BigMouthPrick
BigMouthPrick

September 2nd 2020, 1:45 pm
"As you can see my jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down"

The dialogue makes sit seems like the lightning burst was more of a warning shot than any real threat.
Thrawn
Thrawn

September 2nd 2020, 2:07 pm
It makes for a good visual. Anakin the impulsive hot head gets taken out, Obi Wan the calm, cautious master uses his lightsaber to absorb the lightning, showing what Anakin could have done had he not charged in recklessly.

It's a visual teaching moment for the audience of the benefits of patience, and to demonstrate Anakin's flaws as a character that lead to his eventual downfall to the Darkside (Impatience, anger, arrogance).

Aside from that, it's easier to deal with Force Lightning using a lightsaber to absorb it than your bare hands. Mace vs Sidious you had a much more powerful Sith and the proximity between the two was closer.

Also, it seemed fairly obvious that Dooku was casually testing Obi Wan's competence.

"Okay you can deal with Force Lightning, lightsabers it is then."
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

September 2nd 2020, 2:19 pm
Because Obi used his lightsaber to block it? It's a Jedi training thing to block FL from Dark Jedi or Sith using one's lightsaber, like a lightning rod.

But even still it was only a burst from Dooku.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

September 3rd 2020, 10:12 pm
BigMouthPrick wrote:"As you can see my jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down"

The dialogue makes sit seems like the lightning burst was more of a warning shot than any real threat.

This, Dooku isn't really portrayed as going all out against him but testing him moreover.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

September 5th 2020, 6:02 pm
BigMouthPrick wrote:"As you can see my jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down"

DarthFatcow
DarthFatcow

September 9th 2020, 6:14 pm
Seturna wrote:

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum