Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 5:33 am
It's become apparent that a lot of people appear to completely miss the point when it comes to Darth Malgus. This will explain why he's such an emphatic beast.

So Malgus in Deceived already has a lot going for him. He has the freighter feat, the fortification feat, his showings against Zallow and Leneer. Scaling from himself in Hope/Third Lesson. Scaling even more from himself in Return where he already has internal TOR accolades that puts him over ToC Baras.

Perhaps more importantly than any of that, is that he's already confirmed by multiple sources to be one of the most powerful Sith ever.

But that's only the beginning. The end of Deceived has this:

Deceived wrote:Thinking of Eleena blew oxygen on the embers of his anger. In life, Eleena had been his weakness, a tool to be exploited by rivals. In death, she had become his strength, her memory the lens of his rage.

He resided in the calm eye of a storm of hate. Power churned around him, within him. He did not feel as if he were drawing on the Force, using it. He felt as if he were the Force, as if he had merged with it.

He had evolved. Nothing split his loyalties any longer. He served the Force and only the Force, and his understanding of it increased daily.

Malgus achieves an enlightened understanding of the dark side. Then spend a dozen years growing, daily. Daily growth is something only seen in the likes of Darth Caedus or other Skywalker bloodline recipients. This essentially means that the Malgus in SWTOR completely dwarfs the Malgus seen in the novel.

But perhaps the most important reason why this growth is so significant is how it correlates with this:

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? S46fib

Daniel Wallace, Twitter wrote:Q:Hi, I had a question about the Book of Anger section in BoS. Sidious seems to imply that he got his inspiration for Maelstrom/Storm from Malgus' writings. He also seems to praise him moreso than his own apprentices. Is this interpretation correct?

A: I think you’re on the right track as in this is similar to how I was thinking of it, but implications aren’t always treated as 100% official.

So he confirms two things, one is what we can see pretty blatantly throughout the Book of Sith where Sidious routinely states Vader was nothing but his 'greatest alchemical creation', who needed to learn from Malgus' writings and example on how to achieve great power as a wounded warrior. The second is that Sidious routinely states Malgus was one of his greatest predecessors and was the Sith in this book who 'represented power'. But even more impressively, he states outright that Malgus' writings are the basis and proof for what he states is the path to unlocking 'true power'. Something directly correlating with Malgus' enlightenment at the end of the novel.

Sidious who has knowledge of, and even goes on to explain, in the very same book, things such as Midichlorian Manipulation. Malgus' understanding of the dark side of the Force is the very basis of Sidious' own mastery of Force Maelstrom and even Force Storm, which are pure expressions of power.

All before the twelve years of daily growth he goes through before we even get to the start of SWTOR.
avatar
LOTL

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 5:53 am
No clue why you used the author's quote. It basically finishes your argument then and there as the author admits that that interpretation is not absolute fact.

I am also going to need evidence that Malgus's growth that occurred daily, kept occurring daily. If all you have is Malgus's euphoric musings after achieving a higher connection to the force after a massive life change, then no, not buying it. Did it ever occur to you that this growth that occurred daily, basically could have stopped at any time? After he made those comments?
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 6:31 am
1.He's saying they aren't 100% official, because things that can be interpreted as having multiple meanings have to be clarified. This is literally just him confirming his intent as the authority on the book he wrote. Nothing more or less.

2.I'm not sure I should even dignify this with a response. It's saying that his understanding grew daily. Unless you can prove he suddenly stopped growing in strength when in SWTOR he's capable of taking on magnitudes more powerful Jedi and Sith than Zallow or Leneer ever were.
avatar
LOTL

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 6:44 am
He is saying this

"I think like this but my line of thought is not official"

Exactly like that. In the same grammatical, syntactical, semantical sense. Hence, it is not official. You put forth a contrived explanation, and it so happens that the author shares your fantasy. But he explicitly tells that stated implication is not canon or official. This is self explanatory to literally almost everyone. This is exactly why people don't take you seriously, you go too far.

It is not my job to prove anything lol.

Your assertion-He became more powerful daily over 12 years

Your evidence-He increased for some time that is of the order of days by the start of that period

Evidence needed-He continuously increased for the complete duration, the entire timeline accounted for

You don't have that. Hence, your claim is not believable. It is as simple as that.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 6:56 am
1.This is ludicrous, he's asked about what is being implied(though even then, it's obvious.) This is basic authorial intent and your argument is worthless.

2.There's absolutely no cap to his daily growth in the Force besides the one you just invented out of thin-air. This has to be one of the worst attempts by the PT brigade to pull down a TOR character that I've seen in a long time. (And I've had to discuss this stuff with ISV.)
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 12:06 pm
He's not powerful, probably around Ventress or Savage level.

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? 228124001
NotAA3
NotAA3
Level Four
Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 12:28 pm
>Implying Ventress and Savage aren't powerful.
avatar
LOTL

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 12:47 pm
@LadyKulvax wrote:1.This is ludicrous, he's asked about what is being implied(though even then, it's obvious.) This is basic authorial intent and your argument is worthless.

2.There's absolutely no cap to his daily growth in the Force besides the one you just invented out of thin-air. This has to be one of the worst attempts by the PT brigade to pull down a TOR character that I've seen in a long time. (And I've had to discuss this stuff with ISV.)

So you concede? Great
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 5:24 pm
So you had literally zero point to add to the thread?
avatar
LOTL

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 10:47 pm
I made my point. You literally responded by textual screeching. Not my problem
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 10:49 pm
No I didn't, I pointed out that your issues with the thread are phantoms.
avatar
LOTL

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 10th 2019, 10:52 pm
No you basically denied that any such issues exist when they do. Pointing out something usually means giving an argument or evidence in its favour
xolthol
xolthol
Champion of the Light
Champion of the Light

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 11th 2019, 11:11 pm
Even though Malgus could have a daily growth (even an each second growth if you want) this won't proove that his growth was huge... For exemple: an increase of 10^(-100)% of your actuel power is still an increase but even after 1000 years of growth you will only increase your power about 10^(-98) of itself.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 12th 2019, 3:08 am
That was still a better argument than LOTL
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Three
Level Three

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 12:09 pm
Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? 20190612
Yeah so like your whole blog falls apart when we take into consideration a sub shadow gaurd character like Galen Marek can use Force Maelstrom.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:03 pm
Oh shit, a game mechanic I was already aware of for ten over years. Damn, what am I to do?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Three
Level Three

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:11 pm
@LadyKulvax wrote:Oh shit, a game mechanic I was already aware of for ten over years. Damn, what am I to do?

"Ten over years"
🇪🇭
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:15 pm
Yeah, your comment was pointless nor did you even appear to get the point. As ever.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Three
Level Three

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:17 pm
Oh yes I have seen the light, some random MMO is easily the most powerful era of star wars despite It's feats being exaggerated.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:20 pm
Every argument you use got destroyed when others tried them years ago. It's actually hilarious.

Your attempts to belittle the primary Legends source of this day is also absolutely comical. Stop your era wars horse shit. It's painful to read.
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:23 pm
@LadyKulvax wrote:Every argument you use got destroyed when others tried them years ago. It's actually hilarious.

Your attempts to belittle the primary Legends source of this day is also absolutely comical. Stop your era wars horse shit. It's painful to read.

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? 1289255181

AP and I have never been in agreement as much as we are right now.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Three
Level Three

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:24 pm
@LadyKulvax wrote:Every argument you use got destroyed when others tried them years ago. It's actually hilarious.

Your attempts to belittle the primary Legends source of this day is also absolutely comical. Stop your era wars horse shit. It's painful to read.

You see this is the pot calling the kettle black.

You my friend have really hurt me, indeed it is painful, I would liken it to being about as painful for me as how you felt when the SF Malak > Kun quote came to light
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:26 pm
You weren't even a speck on the spectrum then, so please stop acting as if you ever knew. Your arguments are cancer, just stop.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Three
Level Three

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:27 pm
When they say stop, you know you won Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? 4233314142
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

on June 25th 2019, 5:29 pm
How did you win anything? I debunked your brain fart and you've just rambled on incoherently for the last three posts.
Sponsored content

Why is Darth Malgus so powerful? Empty Re: Why is Darth Malgus so powerful?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum