Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Foxtrot Jay 16
Foxtrot Jay 16

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 22nd 2020, 9:37 pm
Darth Revan Runs into Darth Vader on the forest moon of Endor. 

Three rounds 
1. Lightsabers only 
2. Force only 
3. All out
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 4:24 pm
Probably Revan all rounds
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 4:26 pm
Honestly depends how you view Darth Revan vs Ulic
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 6:07 pm
vader
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 6:17 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:Probably Revan all rounds
@HellfireUnit Have you completely backtracked your opinion on Revan?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 6:22 pm
@SithSauce wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:Probably Revan all rounds
@HellfireUnit Have you completely backtracked your opinion on Revan?

Revan is still overrated. But can't ignore the huge amounts of evidence that shatter Vader's reputation and placement for Legends. I currently think odds are in Revan's favor except for combat skills maybe.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 6:29 pm
@HellfireUnit Fair enough, can't say I agree or think that is a valid reason to put Darth Revan above Vader
Though some people here seperate EU Vader from OT Vader. So all the Lucas statements only apply to OT Vader where as EU Vader is completely unbounded from those quotes. Have you thought about this?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 7:19 pm
@SithSauce wrote:@HellfireUnit Fair enough, can't say I agree or think that is a valid reason to put Darth Revan above Vader
Though some people here seperate EU Vader from OT Vader. So all the Lucas statements only apply to OT Vader where as EU Vader is completely unbounded from those quotes. Have you thought about this?

Yes but authors also seem to share Lucas' vision. Lucas' involvement with TFU doesn't benefit him either. Aside from that, Vader constantly being challenged by random Jedi until 0 ABY doesn't help him in any sort of way. Unless you interpret the fight that occurs in the SoftME as Kenobi controlling Luke's movements as he retains his full skillset during Mustafar and being able to access Luke's raw power, nothing else really helps Vader. Even with that, Vader was ridiculously amped by the Crystal. So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:04 pm
any case for darth revan even surpassing aotc anakin?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:06 pm
@The lord of hunger wrote:any case for darth revan even surpassing aotc anakin?

any case for Darth Vader surpassing AOTC Anakin?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:07 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@The lord of hunger wrote:any case for darth revan even surpassing aotc anakin?

any case for Darth Vader surpassing AOTC Anakin?
yep bad bait
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@The lord of hunger wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@The lord of hunger wrote:any case for darth revan even surpassing aotc anakin?

any case for Darth Vader surpassing AOTC Anakin?
yep bad bait
if you continue doing this thing, noone is going to take Vader defenders seriously.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:19 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@The lord of hunger wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@The lord of hunger wrote:any case for darth revan even surpassing aotc anakin?

any case for Darth Vader surpassing AOTC Anakin?
yep bad bait
if you continue doing this thing, noone is going to take Vader defenders seriously.
Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  39523600 Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  1076326320 no one takes seriously too the vader lowballers anyway


Last edited by The lord of hunger on May 23rd 2020, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@SithSauce wrote:@HellfireUnit Fair enough, can't say I agree or think that is a valid reason to put Darth Revan above Vader
Though some people here seperate EU Vader from OT Vader. So all the Lucas statements only apply to OT Vader where as EU Vader is completely unbounded from those quotes. Have you thought about this?

Yes but authors also seem to share Lucas' vision. Lucas' involvement with TFU doesn't benefit him either. Aside from that, Vader constantly being challenged by random Jedi until 0 ABY doesn't help him in any sort of way. Unless you interpret the fight that occurs in the SoftME as Kenobi controlling Luke's movements as he retains his full skillset during Mustafar and being able to access Luke's raw power, nothing else really helps Vader. Even with that, Vader was ridiculously amped by the Crystal. So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.
@HellfireUnit And none of those fights portray him in a bad light, especially considering he won all of them. And it's commonly known that Vader has mobility issues in his suit.
Are you referring to Lucas's comment to Hayden Blackman on how Vader stacks up to Prime Anakin (the most powerful force user in history). Again, how does that portray him in a bad light?
Unsure what you mean by the fight that occurs in the SoftME

So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.

A suspiciously common recurrence with people who once repped Vader before and months later change their mind and decide he should be low.


Last edited by SithSauce on May 23rd 2020, 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:25 pm
@SithSauce wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@SithSauce wrote:@HellfireUnit Fair enough, can't say I agree or think that is a valid reason to put Darth Revan above Vader
Though some people here seperate EU Vader from OT Vader. So all the Lucas statements only apply to OT Vader where as EU Vader is completely unbounded from those quotes. Have you thought about this?

Yes but authors also seem to share Lucas' vision. Lucas' involvement with TFU doesn't benefit him either. Aside from that, Vader constantly being challenged by random Jedi until 0 ABY doesn't help him in any sort of way. Unless you interpret the fight that occurs in the SoftME as Kenobi controlling Luke's movements as he retains his full skillset during Mustafar and being able to access Luke's raw power, nothing else really helps Vader. Even with that, Vader was ridiculously amped by the Crystal. So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.
@HellfireUnit And none of those fights portray him in a bad light, especially considering he won all of them. And it's commonly known that Vader has mobility issues in his suit.
Are you referring to Lucas's comment to Hayden Blackman on how Vader stacks up to Prime Anakin (the most powerful force user in history). Again, how does that portray him in a bad light?

So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.


A suspiciously common recurrence with people who once repped Vader before and months later change their mind and decide he sucks
this wonder what happen to those people that change their minds so quickly....


Last edited by The lord of hunger on May 23rd 2020, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:26 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@The lord of hunger wrote:any case for darth revan even surpassing aotc anakin?

any case for Darth Vader surpassing AOTC Anakin?
Here's a better question: any case for AOTC Anakin being above Vader? And don't use feats from after AOTC, since Anakin grew considerably after. I assume that you do have a case and aren't just appealing to mass beliefs, correct?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:28 pm
@BoD wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@The lord of hunger wrote:any case for darth revan even surpassing aotc anakin?

any case for Darth Vader surpassing AOTC Anakin?
Here's a better question: any case for AOTC Anakin being above Vader? And don't use feats from after AOTC, since Anakin grew considerably after. I assume that you do have a case and aren't just appealing to mass beliefs, correct?

you know me bro, I do not appeal to mass beliefs.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:30 pm
@The lord of hunger wrote:
@SithSauce wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@SithSauce wrote:@HellfireUnit Fair enough, can't say I agree or think that is a valid reason to put Darth Revan above Vader
Though some people here seperate EU Vader from OT Vader. So all the Lucas statements only apply to OT Vader where as EU Vader is completely unbounded from those quotes. Have you thought about this?

Yes but authors also seem to share Lucas' vision. Lucas' involvement with TFU doesn't benefit him either. Aside from that, Vader constantly being challenged by random Jedi until 0 ABY doesn't help him in any sort of way. Unless you interpret the fight that occurs in the SoftME as Kenobi controlling Luke's movements as he retains his full skillset during Mustafar and being able to access Luke's raw power, nothing else really helps Vader. Even with that, Vader was ridiculously amped by the Crystal. So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.
@HellfireUnit And none of those fights portray him in a bad light, especially considering he won all of them. And it's commonly known that Vader has mobility issues in his suit.
Are you referring to Lucas's comment to Hayden Blackman on how Vader stacks up to Prime Anakin (the most powerful force user in history). Again, how does that portray him in a bad light?

So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.


A suspiciously common recurrence with people who once repped Vader before and months later change their mind and decide he sucks
this wonder what happen to those people that change their minds so quickly....

LoH, all you do is call people salty or trolls because they do not share your opinions. SithSauce and BoD actually make cases and reps him by their own effort. You do not have right to speak about this.


Last edited by HellfireUnit on May 23rd 2020, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:30 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@BoD wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@The lord of hunger wrote:any case for darth revan even surpassing aotc anakin?

any case for Darth Vader surpassing AOTC Anakin?
Here's a better question: any case for AOTC Anakin being above Vader? And don't use feats from after AOTC, since Anakin grew considerably after. I assume that you do have a case and aren't just appealing to mass beliefs, correct?

you know me bro, I do not appeal to mass beliefs.
In which case you'll be happy to provide your case for AOTC Anakin supposedly being ~ or > prime Vader, then.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray
Moderator
Moderator

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:30 pm
Why is AOTC Anakin even relevant to this matchup
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:32 pm
Cheth is right. I misread the thread title. Why is Darth Revan above peak Vader, HFU?
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:34 pm
@HellfireUnit I appreciate the compliment
But yeah guys let's not derail the thread
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:35 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@The lord of hunger wrote:
@SithSauce wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@SithSauce wrote:@HellfireUnit Fair enough, can't say I agree or think that is a valid reason to put Darth Revan above Vader
Though some people here seperate EU Vader from OT Vader. So all the Lucas statements only apply to OT Vader where as EU Vader is completely unbounded from those quotes. Have you thought about this?

Yes but authors also seem to share Lucas' vision. Lucas' involvement with TFU doesn't benefit him either. Aside from that, Vader constantly being challenged by random Jedi until 0 ABY doesn't help him in any sort of way. Unless you interpret the fight that occurs in the SoftME as Kenobi controlling Luke's movements as he retains his full skillset during Mustafar and being able to access Luke's raw power, nothing else really helps Vader. Even with that, Vader was ridiculously amped by the Crystal. So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.
@HellfireUnit And none of those fights portray him in a bad light, especially considering he won all of them. And it's commonly known that Vader has mobility issues in his suit.
Are you referring to Lucas's comment to Hayden Blackman on how Vader stacks up to Prime Anakin (the most powerful force user in history). Again, how does that portray him in a bad light?

So I realized that Vader isn't as high as I used to hold him and the absolute authority's vision or anything else favors Vader.


A suspiciously common recurrence with people who once repped Vader before and months later change their mind and decide he sucks
this wonder what happen to those people that change their minds so quickly....

LoH, all you do is call people salty or trolls because they do not share your opinions. SithSauce and BoD actually make cases and reps him by their own effort. You do not have right to speak about this.
yeah no im more active on discord for a reason (repping vader and collecting sources before even arguing) and yeah i have the right to speak about this besides i dont know if your speaking seriously or not.


Last edited by The lord of hunger on May 23rd 2020, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seturna
Seturna

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:39 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yeah, stop this vader lowballing, not like any other character gets lowballed on the forum.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

on May 23rd 2020, 8:49 pm
@BoD wrote:Cheth is right. I misread the thread title. Why is Darth Revan above peak Vader, HFU?

Upon reading much of the stuff regarding TFU and G-Canon sources, I just don't see Vader to be as skilled as I used to believe. I mean even Tenenial Djo is better than Vader in telekinesis, something he is most proficient at. I just don't think Vader is above Luke as of ROTJ and yet ROTJ Luke actually being impressive. Pre-ANH Vader is already weak and the growth seems very unquatifiable to me at the moment. Vader is more skilled in sabers in my opinion but I can't really say his limitations will be enough to overcome Revan. In Force, he just seems to be completely outclassed in my opinion.
Sponsored content

Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)  Empty Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Vader (ROTJ)

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum