Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Filoni confirms Maul>Ahsoka as a swordfighter Empty Filoni confirms Maul>Ahsoka as a swordfighter

May 4th 2020, 11:19 am
https://youtu.be/3FZfmHfMrN8 4:46
In case if it wasn't obvious for some people.
Gianfi
Gianfi

Filoni confirms Maul>Ahsoka as a swordfighter Empty Re: Filoni confirms Maul>Ahsoka as a swordfighter

May 4th 2020, 5:16 pm
good to know
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Filoni confirms Maul>Ahsoka as a swordfighter Empty Re: Filoni confirms Maul>Ahsoka as a swordfighter

May 4th 2020, 5:57 pm
Cool. Maul was better than Ahsoka, but Ahsoka had to fight so hard to compete with Maul, that Ahsoka burns herself out. The interesting thing is that she's 17 years old at this point, so she has youth at her side, unlike Qui-Gon, who also burnt himself out from competing with Maul, but he was an 60 year old man.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 4th 2020, 6:07 pm
I like how Filoni is doing damage control and we were bashing on him awhile ago Filoni confirms Maul>Ahsoka as a swordfighter 1220391476
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 4th 2020, 6:30 pm
Latham2000 wrote:Cool. Maul was better than Ahsoka, but Ahsoka had to fight so hard to compete with Maul, that Ahsoka burns herself out. The interesting thing is that she's 17 years old at this point, so she has youth at her side, unlike Qui-Gon, who also burnt himself out from competing with Maul, but he was an 60 year old man.

That....that seems really bad for a Jedi. I mean sure it's Maul, but like....if you gas out to the point where it's similar to some 60 year old Jedi who doesn't have youth on his side...that's just kinda strange.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 4th 2020, 6:41 pm
Explains why

Spoiler:
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 4th 2020, 7:37 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:Cool. Maul was better than Ahsoka, but Ahsoka had to fight so hard to compete with Maul, that Ahsoka burns herself out. The interesting thing is that she's 17 years old at this point, so she has youth at her side, unlike Qui-Gon, who also burnt himself out from competing with Maul, but he was an 60 year old man.

That....that seems really bad for a Jedi. I mean sure it's Maul, but like....if you gas out to the point where it's similar to some 60 year old Jedi who doesn't have youth on his side...that's just kinda strange.

How is that bad for a Jedi? If anything that's an indication that Maul was out of her league,  not to the extent that he was entire leaps and bounds above her (e.g. Dooku vs AotC Kenobi), but to the point where she had to seriously exert herself to contend with Maul, who was blinded by his own overconfidence. Filoni said that Maul was overconfident in the fight and never really fixed this weakness, but I think the natural in-universe reason why Maul was overconfident, rather than out of universe PIS, was because he knew he was better, but had an exaggerated view of how much better he was.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 4th 2020, 7:45 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

How is that bad for a Jedi? If anything that's an indication that Maul was out of her league,  not to the extent that he was entire leaps and bounds above her (e.g. Dooku vs AotC Kenobi), but to the point where she had to seriously exert herself to contend with Maul, who was blinded by his own overconfidence. Filoni said that Maul was overconfident in the fight and never really fixed this weakness, but I think the natural in-universe reason why Maul was overconfident, rather than out of universe PIS, was because he knew he was better, but had an exaggerated view of how much better he was.

Because how is someone so young, gassing out just as quick as a 60 year old Jedi? Or are you saying, that she gassed out like Qui-Gon? If that's the case then ok, but I guess the way you worded it, it sounded like she has the stamina of a 60 year old.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 4th 2020, 8:35 pm
I wasn't saying that she has the same stamina as Qui-Gon, I said he burnt herself out from fighting Maul, like how Qui-Gon did, but it wouldn't have been because old age because she's a 17 year old in her youth (in fact even Qui-Gon's age issues are blown out of proportion), but because Maul pressed her so hard she used a lot of her Force reserves *and* stamina /shrugs
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

May 5th 2020, 1:41 am
I wouldn't say she 'burnt herself out' as she still had plenty of energy left to give chase and continue the fight. Catching your breath after an intense lightsaber duel with someone as powerful and skilled as Maul isn't really as notable as I think you guys are making it out to be.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

May 5th 2020, 6:07 am
Could be beside the point, but canon TPM Qui-Gon was 48 years old.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 5th 2020, 7:47 am
Who cares about being inferior in skill when you win the duel Filoni confirms Maul>Ahsoka as a swordfighter 1076326320
Galan007
Galan007

May 5th 2020, 12:25 pm
Historically speaking, Maul's overconfidence and unwillingness to end an opponent when he could/should have has almost always been his undoing.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 5th 2020, 12:31 pm
Galan007 wrote:Historically speaking, Maul's overconfidence and unwillingness to end an opponent when he could/should have has almost always been his undoing.

Which is dumb. But I guess this is it now.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 5th 2020, 1:06 pm
King Joker wrote:I wouldn't say she 'burnt herself out' as she still had plenty of energy left to give chase and continue the fight. Catching your breath after an intense lightsaber duel with someone as powerful and skilled as Maul isn't really as notable as I think you guys are making it out to be.

"Burnt herself out" might be an exaggeration, but she was catching her breath after BFRing Maul out of the window, that BFR created a large pause, so it's feasible for her to catch her breath and replenish herself during that pause, because she's got a break from duelling him. Running after Maul isn't as exhausting as actually fighting him.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 5th 2020, 1:08 pm
Rohirrim wrote:Could be beside the point, but canon TPM Qui-Gon was 48 years old.

Even a 48 year old man isn't enjoying the benefit of youth though.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

May 5th 2020, 1:24 pm
Age is hardly relevant here.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 5th 2020, 5:52 pm
BoD wrote:Explains why

Spoiler:
He sends her flying while she's in mid-air.

Not that that's anything compared to this:
https://youtu.be/qY5mBLkGVes

I'd say ragdolling is>>>>force pushing. Just my opinion tho
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 5th 2020, 5:57 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

Maul, who was blinded by his own overconfidence. Filoni said that Maul was overconfident in the fight and never really fixed this weakness.
Yall are really stretching the fuck out of this. Overconfidence may well explain him losing while she was (circumstantially) disarmed. Overconfidence was not there when they were fighting in the throne room.

"Burnt herself out" might be an exaggeration, but she was catching her breath after BFRing Maul out of the window, that BFR created a large pause, so it's feasible for her to catch her breath and replenish herself during that pause, because she's got a break from duelling him. Running after Maul isn't as exhausting as actually fighting him.

Ahsoka threw maul dozens of feet. Even if there wasn't a bfr, she would have had several seconds to take that breather. Could you use that and filoni's comments to argue maul would be able to eventually wear her down most of the time? Sure.

Does that mean he's out of her league? No. If you need to outlast someone over multiple minuites to win, they are very much in your league.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

May 6th 2020, 12:35 am
Latham2000 wrote:
King Joker wrote:I wouldn't say she 'burnt herself out' as she still had plenty of energy left to give chase and continue the fight. Catching your breath after an intense lightsaber duel with someone as powerful and skilled as Maul isn't really as notable as I think you guys are making it out to be.

It's definitely an exaggeration because if it were true she'd have no energy left. She only took about four seconds to catch her breath, and it still doesn't suggest anything beyond that she was exerting herself throughout the duel—not that she couldn't have continued to fight at the same pace. We also don't get to see what state Maul was in after the BFR.

A clear analogy is this: If you briefly stopped a marathon runner halfway through their course, they'd obviously stop to catch their breath, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't continue going at the same speed and distance once resumed.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 6th 2020, 3:21 am
King Joker wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:

It's definitely an exaggeration because if it were true she'd have no energy left. She only took about four seconds to catch her breath, and it still doesn't suggest anything beyond that she was exerting herself throughout the duel—not that she couldn't have continued to fight at the same pace. We also don't get to see what state Maul was in after the BFR.

A clear analogy is this: If you briefly stopped a marathon runner halfway through their course, they'd obviously stop to catch their breath, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't continue going at the same speed and distance once resumed.
Also I think it's fairly reasonable to think Maul would need four seconds to reach ahsoka after getting flung a dozen feet....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum