Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Darth Maul vs Darth Maul Empty Darth Maul vs Darth Maul

April 27th 2020, 10:03 am
Maul as of SoD vs Maul as of Twilight of the Apprentice.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Darth Maul vs Darth Maul Empty Re: Darth Maul vs Darth Maul

April 27th 2020, 10:07 am
SoD Maul. Twilight of the Apprentice Maul is out of practice and batshit crazy. Also not sure his power growth - if there was any - would help him since he wouldn't be able to manifest it properly against a younger and fitter iteration of himself. SoD Maul is more skilled, much more stable, and more disciplined.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 27th 2020, 10:28 am
what bod said
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

April 27th 2020, 10:28 am
Rebels Maul might win actually. I don't think S2 Maul is past his prime anymore.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

April 27th 2020, 10:33 am
Yeah. Author statements are not binding, but I give more credence to Ahsoka's growth as per Pablo Hidalgo and Henry Gilroy in Rebels Recon than to Maul's decline as per Matt Martin on Twitter. I don't see how Ahsoka could grow any better without surpassing a declining Maul, so I think it's likely that in actuality Rebels Maul >= SOD Maul. There's also the nexus argument, but we don't know whether they make dark siders more powerful or are more esoteric in nature, and I find it unlikely that Kanan defeated an amped Maul.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

April 27th 2020, 10:37 am
Rohirrim wrote:Yeah. Author statements are not binding, but I give more credence to Ahsoka's growth as per Pablo Hidalgo and Henry Gilroy in Rebels Recon than to Maul's decline as per Matt Martin on Twitter. I don't see how Ahsoka could grow any better without surpassing a declining Maul, so I think it's likely that in actuality Rebels Maul >= SOD Maul. There's also the nexus argument, but we don't know whether they make dark siders more powerful or are more esoteric in nature, and I find it unlikely that Kanan defeated an amped Maul.
Well there is the Oneness argument for Kanan on Malachor.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 27th 2020, 10:37 am
Both Mauls suffer from a lack of mental discipline at times, but their lack of mental discipline only affects them for the sake of driving the story (Maul understimating Kanan and falling for Ben Kenobi's psychological trick), but we're on battle forums, where there's none of that gay ass story mode and arrogance, but I think SoD Maul is better in that regard because I think he's in a more content mindset than SWR Maul. I don't think SWR Maul's Force reserves are greater, IIRC he did gain some new telepathic connection with Ezra, but that's unique to their relationship, TP and TK are disproportionate anyway, Force users don't just become more powerful over time like everyone and their dog, it depends on how old they are, what potential they have, what resources they have, and what they're studying.

SoD Maul arguably has a more appropriate mindset, but his technical skills are more in check because he's got the benefit of being in various recent duels, whereas the other Maul is out of practise to some extent, so SoD Maul is more skilled., SoD Maul is in far better shape than his older self, he is stronger, quicker, more agile, more athletic, more energetic and contains more stamina, age is a factor even in canon, Ben Kenobi deepened his connection with the Force, but wasn't able to compensate for his badly prematurely aged body and lack of practise. Rebels Maul is granted, 7 years younger than old Ben Kenobi at the time of his death, but Maul also prematurely aged due to Dark Side degradation, making him a "contemporary" of Ben Kenobi.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

April 27th 2020, 10:46 am
IG wrote:
Rohirrim wrote:Yeah. Author statements are not binding, but I give more credence to Ahsoka's growth as per Pablo Hidalgo and Henry Gilroy in Rebels Recon than to Maul's decline as per Matt Martin on Twitter. I don't see how Ahsoka could grow any better without surpassing a declining Maul, so I think it's likely that in actuality Rebels Maul >= SOD Maul. There's also the nexus argument, but we don't know whether they make dark siders more powerful or are more esoteric in nature, and I find it unlikely that Kanan defeated an amped Maul.
Well there is the Oneness argument for Kanan on Malachor.
Dunno. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it doesn't click to me that Kanan could get a "light side" amp within a place that supposedly gives "dark side" amps, and that the amp he would recieve was that much greater than Maul's.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 27th 2020, 4:29 pm
Rebels Maul wins.
I think Maul declined in S3 in all honesty
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 27th 2020, 4:34 pm
Reasons. According to Filoni Maul vs Vader would have gone the same way as Ahsoka vs Vader which caps Rebels Maul on Ahsoka's level and this makes sense as Maul fought evenly with Ahsoka. Rebels Ahsoka is superior to the same Ahsoka who gave SOD Maul a solid fight and won in S7.
Therefore Rebels Maul>>>SOD Maul.
I don't think this applies to S3 Maul.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 27th 2020, 4:39 pm
The nexus argument doesn't apply at all as canon nexuses aren't the same as legends nexuses and I highly doubt Filoni intended Malachor to be a nexus in the first place when he wrote the story.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 27th 2020, 4:47 pm
Rebels Maul per witwer is more powerful than ever which would make sense since he's old. I wouldn't say he's deteriorated in many aspects most notably being his refinement of his double blade lightsaber which he shows off in the show. Based on his performance against a more powerful Ahsoka I would say he's actually in a good position to win against his SoD counterpart.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 27th 2020, 5:32 pm
Witwer never said that Rebels Maul was more powerful than ever, it was an unofficial StarWars.Com news article, which Chee has said does not "generate new fictional content" when being asked if they were canon, that made that claim.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum