Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on April 27th 2020, 5:08 am
I heard mixed feelings about it, and I heard there was a really bad arc involving Ahsoka and two sisters.
However, I heard the last couple episodes were great.
Should I give it a watch?
Galan007
Galan007

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on April 27th 2020, 6:54 am
Definitely watch the Siege of Mandalore arc. There are still two episodes left, but it has been solid so far, and the Ahsoka/Maul battle is visually fantastic.

The Bad Batch arc(first 4 episodes) were decent enough as a standalone, but they don't really lend a whole lot to the season as a whole, imo.

The Ahsoka arc(second 4 episodes) are absolute garbage, though.
avatar
BoD (Away)
Level Six
Level Six

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on April 27th 2020, 9:25 am
Bad Batch was a waste of time. The Ahsoka arc could have been condensed into an episode or two and was easily the weakest in the season. The Mandalore arc has been great so far and the Ahsoka vs Maul fight was visually stunning, but had stupid moments like Maul's height weakness yet again coming into play.

Overall, 6.5/10. Kind of disappointed so far.
LSDMB
LSDMB

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on April 27th 2020, 10:24 am
@Galan007 wrote:Definitely watch the Siege of Mandalore arc. There are still two episodes left, but it has been solid so far, and the Ahsoka/Maul battle is visually fantastic.

The Bad Batch arc(first 4 episodes) were decent enough as a standalone, but they don't really lend a whole lot to the season as a whole, imo.

The Ahsoka arc(second 4 episodes) are absolute garbage, though.
Gianfi
Gianfi

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on April 28th 2020, 4:38 am
We could have had SoD and DD. But Filoni had to show us sisterhood and some clones. 6.5/10 because of Mandalore, otherwise it would have been a 5
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on April 28th 2020, 8:14 am
SOD would be amazing to see in live action. I was disappointed when I found out they weren't going to adapt it.
freethedevil
freethedevil

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 4th 2020, 4:37 pm
episode 5, episode 10, 11 and episode 12 aren't trash fires. Everything else sucks. Frankly, you can literally just cut to the last 5 minuites of the season, and you'll get everything of significant value
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 4th 2020, 4:52 pm
@freethedevil wrote:episode 5, episode 10, 11 and episode 12 aren't trash fires. Everything else sucks. Frankly, you can literally just cut to the last 5 minuites of the season, and you'll get everything of significant value

this but episode 12 is a trashfire
freethedevil
freethedevil

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 5th 2020, 1:21 am
@DarthSkywalker0 wrote:
@freethedevil wrote:episode 5, episode 10, 11 and episode 12 aren't trash fires. Everything else sucks. Frankly, you can literally just cut to the last 5 minuites of the season, and you'll get everything of significant value

this but episode 12 is a trashfire
Really? What puts it below episode 11, 10 or 5 for you.

Also, I think some credit has to be given for the fact that the last 5 minuites of episode 12 offer more payoff, context. and consistent progression than the rest of the season combined.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 7th 2020, 4:17 pm
While I'd want to see SOD on screen for sure Dark Disciple has a lot of stuff in it that I don't think would translate well on screen.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 7th 2020, 5:48 pm
Even if SoD and DD gets animated, there's a high chance that they'll change certain things about them. Just look at Ahsoka vs Maul, the animated fight is significantly different than the novelised version.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 7th 2020, 6:07 pm
overally good season not that bad or that spectacular tbh
Vader's Legacy
Vader's Legacy
Level Three
Level Three

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 7th 2020, 6:08 pm
As long as Dooku gets floored by Vos it would be gold
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 10th 2020, 3:26 pm
@freethedevil wrote:
@DarthSkywalker0 wrote:
@freethedevil wrote:episode 5, episode 10, 11 and episode 12 aren't trash fires. Everything else sucks. Frankly, you can literally just cut to the last 5 minuites of the season, and you'll get everything of significant value

this but episode 12 is a trashfire
Really? What puts it below episode 11, 10 or 5 for you.

Also, I think some credit has to be given for the fact that the last 5 minuites of episode 12 offer more payoff, context. and consistent progression than the rest of the season combined.

Focusing entirely on the what not the how is the exact wrong approach to a prequel. Pacing was terrible in these arcs.
freethedevil
freethedevil

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 10th 2020, 5:09 pm
@DarthSkywalker0 wrote:
@freethedevil wrote:
@DarthSkywalker0 wrote:
@freethedevil wrote:episode 5, episode 10, 11 and episode 12 aren't trash fires. Everything else sucks. Frankly, you can literally just cut to the last 5 minuites of the season, and you'll get everything of significant value

this but episode 12 is a trashfire
Really? What puts it below episode 11, 10 or 5 for you.

Also, I think some credit has to be given for the fact that the last 5 minuites of episode 12 offer more payoff, context. and consistent progression than the rest of the season combined.

Focusing entirely on the what not the how is the exact wrong approach to a prequel. Pacing was terrible in these arcs.
Well, I'm wondering what made 12 specifically worse at the "how" part of things than 11, 10, or 5. Like, even 5 ahd a batshit silly opening two minuites, 10 operated on ahsoka being a radically different character than she was frrom eps 5-8, and 11 relied heavily on ahsoka yada yadaing knowledge about the chip.


As for the last 5 minuites, I'm not  focusing only on the what tho(I said "context")I'm looking at those 5 minuites as a how in a more macro sense in the context of things outside of season 7. They're the only part of season 7 which seems to set up something we see later well and provides a meaningful layer of context to other weighted elements of the story(specifically, anakin's relationship with ahsoka, their later meeting, vader losing his last potential emotional attachment, ect.)

That said, the last 5 minuites loses some points for me since ahsoka and rex's relationship was basically non existent until the last episode.
Ash
Ash

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 11th 2020, 4:48 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
An obese globule carbuncle.
nfactor1995
nfactor1995

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 12th 2020, 12:24 pm
Siege of Mandalore arc is fantastic and is some of the best SW content I've seen, at least among the movie era.  Episode 10 is amazing, though I have some difficulties with how much Maul struggled with Ahsoka and how the fight ultimately ended.  Otherwise, amazing episode.  Sister arc sucked and was a complete waste of four episodes which is disappointing.  Bad Batch is cool, but kinda whatever and I feel like there were cooler stories that could've been told/adapted.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

on May 13th 2020, 11:25 am
The G Canon Purist wrote:As long as Dooku gets floored by Vos it would be gold

With Grievous getting locked in a security closet.
Sponsored content

Thoughts on TCW S7 so far? Empty Re: Thoughts on TCW S7 so far?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum