Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Ulic Qel Droma vs Count Dooku Empty Ulic Qel Droma vs Count Dooku

Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:45 am
Both in prime iteration, Ulic having a prime mindset in his prime body (I’m not too sure if his prime mindset is force less or with force).

Supremacy quotes are BANNED for this matchup.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Ulic Qel Droma vs Count Dooku Empty Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs Count Dooku

Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:06 am
Dooku has better feats without a doubt. He wins without much trouble.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:39 am
dooku < vader. Ulic stomps
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:08 am
Eh, I'll say Dooku has this. Other than stalemating a pre-prime Kun, Ulic never impressed me when I read the TotJ comics.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:09 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@HellfireUnit Such as what? Without supremacy scaling the pt comes off as much much worse tbh, and I can think of several feats Ulic scales off of I don’t think Dooku can match tbh.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:21 am
IG wrote:@HellfireUnit Such as what? Without supremacy scaling the pt comes off as much much worse tbh, and I can think of several feats Ulic scales off of I don’t think Dooku can match tbh.

Tell me instances of Ulic fighting a Yoda tier combatant and manage to survive twice.
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:07 am
IG wrote:@HellfireUnit Such as what? Without supremacy scaling the pt comes off as much much worse tbh, and I can think of several feats Ulic scales off of I don’t think Dooku can match tbh.

Without supremacy I'm assuming you're purely operating on a feats only angle, correct? And if this is correct, this would be assuming that not only Dooku, but PT as a whole pales in comparison to Ulic's feats. So with this in mind, I'd not only be curious of the feats you have in mind for both sides, but I'd also be curious as to where PT would actually rank in your opinion based on these feats?

Can you give me a glimpse into your thought process here friend? I'm pondering this myself, but extra insight might help me push more in one direction.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:10 am
Daddy dooku yes
Geistalt
Geistalt

Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:59 pm
Ulic's best feat is matching pre-prime Kun, and Tyranus' is being an adequate duelist to match top 10 combatants either pre-prime (as in the case of Anakin), distracted, or on a dark side nexus (as in the case of Yoda)

I think Tyranus' feats and scaling are better.
Geistalt
Geistalt

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:05 pm
*slightly pre-prime; I'm referring to both the TCW Season 6 duel between them and their fight in RotS before Anakin stops worrying over whether or not he's using his anger
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:41 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@KeldorianUnit Tell me what makes the pt as a whole so much more impressive After all their supremacy quotes are gone.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:10 pm
IG wrote:@KeldorianUnit Tell me what makes the pt as a whole so much more impressive After all their supremacy quotes are gone.

Dude, Yoda was easily able to evade the attacks of Saesee Tiin, Depa Billaba, Plo Koon while being unarmed and Dooku could match him. They couldn't even lay a finger on Yoda. Has Ulic ever demonstrated any feats like that? Could Ulic match someone as powerful as Yoda who is able to telekinetically swipe the droid army and ships by himself? And why do you change the topic? I thought this was a Dooku versus Ulic match up, not "why PT is impressive" question?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:12 pm
Does Dooku have anything near Ulic scaling vastly above Amanoa tp cucking hundreds of beast riders and their armies?
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:31 pm
Yes, Dooku is an at least moderately competent Force User.
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:43 pm
IG wrote:Does Dooku have anything near Ulic scaling vastly above Amanoa tp cucking hundreds of beast riders and their armies?

Yea, the thing about that is that Ulic has never demonstrated any real affinity towards TP, so I don't think that scaling works all that well
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:44 pm
ILS wrote:Yes, Dooku is an at least moderately competent Force User.

I think it takes more than a moderately competent Force User to TP thousands of people, including force sensitive cultists.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:50 pm
Decaf_Beverages wrote:
IG wrote:Does Dooku have anything near Ulic scaling vastly above Amanoa tp cucking hundreds of beast riders and their armies?

Yea, the thing about that is that Ulic has never demonstrated any real affinity towards TP, so I don't think that scaling works all that well
Well I'm saying Ulic's raw power is far beyond this kind of feat.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:52 pm
Decaf_Beverages wrote:

I think it takes more than a moderately competent Force User to TP thousands of people, including force sensitive cultists.
So, are you under the impression that there does not exist a BM practitioner of such scope that Dooku scales wildly over? Because I hate to burst your bubble...
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:56 pm
ILS wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:

So, are you under the impression that there does not exist a BM practitioner of such scope that Dooku scales wildly over? Because I hate to burst your bubble...
I wasn't under the impression Amanoa's feat was BM, it seemed to be TP.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:02 pm
Both are TP. BM is the direct counter to Sith BM in TotJ, aka Illusions, Waves of Darkness etc. And it's not something that really puts Ulic near Dooku.
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:21 pm
ILS wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:

Battle Meditation is not the same as mindraping or mental domination, and they cannot be really scaled to each other. Its much more difficult to mentally dominate someone (especially force sensitives) than it is to just influence them with TP, which has been demonstrated many times

I'm curious to see the scaling though. Im not really that into Dooku
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:44 pm
Amanoa , Ommin, the Krath etc are not mentally dominating so that hardly matters.
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 pm
Do I need to post the quotes? 

"King Ommin rose to power in the same manner as his ancestors of the last three centuries: by dominating the populace of Onderon with the dark side."
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:40 am

I noticed you ignored my post, but this answers my question as well in a way.

Essentially what you're saying is that PT is so awful that they scale directly under starts of a scaling chain for TOR? That you can't actually think of a feat that would even match your base point?

Amanoa basically stomps the entirety of PT per your estimation. Correct?

So why do you even entertain PT feats if you want to abolish quotes that benefit them? They can't match up their supremacy per your estimation, so we basically have people lifting pebbles to prove they can level cities in your viewpoint, no?

How low does PT go in your eyes without Supremacy? Below Amanoa sure, but I would like to visualize this with a scaling chain going up to Arcann if you would.

Make it as long as you want.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:14 pm
Decaf_Beverages wrote:Do I need to post the quotes? 

"King Ommin rose to power in the same manner as his ancestors of the last three centuries: by dominating the populace of Onderon with the dark side."
Dominating has several definitions. It doesn't necessarily mean King Ommin was directly TPing the entire populace.

dom·i·nate
/ˈdäməˌnāt/
verb
gerund or present participle: dominating
have a commanding influence on; exercise control over.
"the company dominates the market for operating system software"
be the most important or conspicuous person or thing in.
"the race was dominated by the 1992 champion"
(of something tall or high) have a commanding position over; overlook.
"a picturesque city dominated by the cathedral tower"

I think it's pretty obvious that King Ommin can "have a commanding influence on" or "exercise control over" the populace of Onderon through use of the dark side, without him directly TPing each individual. Sith Battle Meditation is a perfect example of how he could do this. 

Straight from Tales of the Jedi #2: "It is said that through the dark side of the Force the ancient Sith could sap the will of an entire army." 

"All my men are getting sick and confused!"

"As the ship hovers, the dark power meets an unexpected adversary-- one who is experienced in Jedi Battle Meditation"

"In the time of the Jedi, the will to win and the power of war are given by the dark side-
- Or, as dawn throws back the night... They are given by the light!"

That sounds an awful lot like Amanoa was using Battle Meditation to me during the war, and it's likely King Ommin did the same to "dominate" the populace of Onderon. Nothing otherwise says he directly used telepathy to control the populace, and we know for a fact that he has access to Sith Battle Meditation, which he used for months during the Naddist Uprising to weaken the Iziz and Jedi forces.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum