Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
QuakeBlood
QuakeBlood

Hennix, Tai and Voe (Rise of Kylo Ren) vs Rey (The Last Jedi) Empty Hennix, Tai and Voe (Rise of Kylo Ren) vs Rey (The Last Jedi)

February 24th 2020, 8:07 pm
 Hennix, Tai and Voe (Rise of Kylo Ren) vs Rey (The Last Jedi) 7256425-rco023_1578496862

Hennix, Tai and Voe (Rise of Kylo Ren) vs Rey (The Last Jedi) 7256426-rey-the-last-jedi

Who wins? The three Jedi who were trained by Luke Skywalker for their entire lives or Rey with 1 or 2 days of training with Luke Skywalker?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Hennix, Tai and Voe (Rise of Kylo Ren) vs Rey (The Last Jedi) Empty Re: Hennix, Tai and Voe (Rise of Kylo Ren) vs Rey (The Last Jedi)

February 24th 2020, 8:16 pm
The 3 Jedi didn't do anything other than get beat by Ren, even then only 1 of the 3 is more combat oriented than the other 2. I mean....I guess without Kylo around, Rey is at a disadvantage as she isn't drawing on him. So we could give them benefit of the doubt that Rey loses just based on numbers against her...but that's about it.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Hennix, Tai and Voe (Rise of Kylo Ren) vs Rey (The Last Jedi) Empty Re: Hennix, Tai and Voe (Rise of Kylo Ren) vs Rey (The Last Jedi)

February 25th 2020, 4:20 am
All three should be more technically skilled than her. However, we know Ben Solo was able to rather easily stomp the three by merit of sheer raw power. However, with Rey having considerably less control of her power at this point in time, I can see Voe rather convincingly soloing Rey. Hennix and Tai don't add too much, as neither appears to be as powerful as Voe. Tai might be able to stagger Rey with TP, though, since that seems to be his focus.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

February 25th 2020, 6:39 am
Rey wins. She equaled TLJ Kylo in raw power, and judging by their fight with the Praetorian Guards she wasn't that far behind in skill. The team didn't challenge Ben at all.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

February 25th 2020, 9:16 am
Yeah, Rey murks.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

February 25th 2020, 11:38 am
Rohirrim wrote:Rey wins. She equaled TLJ Kylo in raw power, and judging by their fight with the Praetorian Guards she wasn't that far behind in skill. The team didn't challenge Ben at all.
The only reason Rey did as good as she did was because she was close to Ben. When they are in close proximity they get their abilities and power increased according to ROS VD.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

February 25th 2020, 11:51 am
@Zenwolf: The point is not really how good she did, but how she compared to Kylo. She matched him in power and performed close to his level.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

February 25th 2020, 1:30 pm
Rohirrim wrote:@Zenwolf: The point is not really how good she did, but how she compared to Kylo. She matched him in power and performed close to his level.

@Zenwolf 's point is that Rey's performance was situational, and not something she could replicate had Kylo Ren not been there. TLJ Rey's abilities are reliant on Kylo Ren's proximity, due to their Force dyad. Rey without Kylo around is significantly weaker and less skilled. This information comes from the VD for TRoS
FireStarLord73194
FireStarLord73194

February 25th 2020, 1:42 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:
Rohirrim wrote:@Zenwolf: The point is not really how good she did, but how she compared to Kylo. She matched him in power and performed close to his level.

@Zenwolf 's point is that Rey's performance was situational, and not something she could replicate had Kylo Ren not been there. TLJ Rey's abilities are reliant on Kylo Ren's proximity, due to their Force dyad. Rey without Kylo around is significantly weaker and less skilled. This information comes from the VD for TRoS
That says that when they are both together, BOTH are amplified. So Kylo also was amplified. Rey was still his equal.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

February 25th 2020, 1:43 pm
@Underachiever599: I'll try to clarify. I'm not arguing that Rey could replicate her performance. What I'm arguing is that her relativity to Kylo would still apply regardless of whether they were amped. If amped Rey ~ amped Kylo, then unamped Rey ~ unamped Kylo, who is still superior to the version of himself that dominated the Jedi team.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

February 25th 2020, 8:03 pm
Rohirrim wrote:@Underachiever599: I'll try to clarify. I'm not arguing that Rey could replicate her performance. What I'm arguing is that her relativity to Kylo would still apply regardless of whether they were amped. If amped Rey ~ amped Kylo, then unamped Rey ~ unamped Kylo, who is still superior to the version of himself that dominated the Jedi team.
I'm hesitant to accept that logic. Without Kylo around, Rey doesn't have access to his skill through the mutual amp. Yes, they both amp each other's power, but she also draws from his reservoir of skill/knowledge through the dyad, iirc. Unamped Kylo should be definitively > than unamped Rey due to greater skill with both a lightsaber and the Force. It was Ben Solo's training with the Force that allowed him to casually tool the three Jedi at once, and TLJ Rey has almost no control over her own powers in the Force, as immense as they may be. 

So, while I believe Rey is unquestionably more powerful than any of the three Jedi, or even all three put together, I don't think she has the right level of skill with the Force to actually leverage that power advantage in the same manner Ben Solo did.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

February 25th 2020, 8:20 pm
@Underachiever599: That's an interesting perspective. In the novelization it's noted that Rey had accessed Kylo's training during the mind probe scene in TFA, but maybe she didn't learn everything right away and was expanding on that knowledge via their connection.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

February 26th 2020, 1:08 am
Rohirrim wrote:@Underachiever599: That's an interesting perspective. In the novelization it's noted that Rey had accessed Kylo's training during the mind probe scene in TFA, but maybe she didn't learn everything right away and was expanding on that knowledge via their connection.
That's how I feel, at least. I might be wrong. I haven't had the money lately to buy all the newest sources, so maybe there's some stuff I've missed. But I'm under the impression that she didn't have full access to his training, and it was only proximity and the dyad that let her match his performance
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

February 26th 2020, 12:26 pm
rey murks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum