Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

What instances of actual ragdolling/one-shotting can you cite? - Page 2 Empty Re: What instances of actual ragdolling/one-shotting can you cite?

September 4th 2019, 3:56 pm
Even then I'm not sure that qualifies as ripping through a barrier. It's unclear whether Ventress raises one or not.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

What instances of actual ragdolling/one-shotting can you cite? - Page 2 Empty Re: What instances of actual ragdolling/one-shotting can you cite?

September 4th 2019, 3:58 pm
Isn't the assumption that one has a barrier erected during combat? I don't know why Ventress suddenly wouldn't have a barrier up during that portion of the fight.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 6th 2019, 11:59 am
I found something interesting:

As he drew near, she responded not with physical violence, but rather with a powerful spell of Sith sorcery that attacked Set's mind. He tried to throw up a protective Force barrier in response, but Zannah's power shredded his defenses, leaving him completely vulnerable.

Sith sorcery was as much a part of the dark side as the deadly violet bolts of energy her Master unleashed from his hands, and when Bane had first recognized her talent for the subtle but devastating magics he had encouraged her studies into the arcane. From ancient texts she had learned to twist and torment the thoughts of her enemies. She could make them see nightmares as reality; she could cause their deepest fears to manifest as demons of the psyche. She could, and had, rip the minds of her enemies apart with a simple thought and a gesture.

With Set, however, she did not intend to destroy him completely. Instead she enveloped him in a cloud of utter despair and hopelessness. She reached into the innermost recesses of his mind and wrapped it in the nothingness of the void.

Set's eyes went blank, his jaw hung slack, and his lightsaber slipped from nerveless fingers. He slowly slumped to the ground, his eyes closing and his body trembling slightly as he curled up into a fetal position.

Star Wars: Darth Bane - Dynasty of Evil

Does Set throw up a physical Force barrier or a mental one? Intuition would say mental, obviously, but the text makes no mention of it and the Bane trilogy has used the description of "a protective Force barrier" to denote standard telekinetic/elemental defenses, and that's the image that pops into my mind first when I read the words.

September 6th 2019, 12:11 pm
Dark Nest also uses Force Wall to refer to mental defenses. I think it’s possible defecting mental attacks is done via the same means as physical force attacks, just in the psychic plane.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 6th 2019, 12:20 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Dark Nest also uses Force Wall to refer to mental defenses. I think it’s possible defecting mental attacks is done via the same means as physical force attacks, just in the psychic plane.

Interesting. Quote?
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

September 8th 2019, 6:00 am
Luke essentially ragdolls UnuThul at the end of their fight, given that he throws him against a wall and pins him there with telekinesis, but it's unclear whether he could've just done that at the start.

Luke also basically breaks through Welk's barrier at will (Welk is empowered to some extent by the Colony and was beating up Saba).

Oh, and Exar Kun's spirit essentially ragdolls Luke's trainees.

What instances of actual ragdolling/one-shotting can you cite? - Page 2 SaeC5lk
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum