Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Divina
Divina

Darth vader vs Darth malgus Empty Darth vader vs Darth malgus

January 20th 2020, 1:36 pm
so ive been slowly easing into legends, and darth malgus seems like vader just in the old republic. they are both powerhouses with cybernetic reconstruction. anyways tell me whatcha think? Darth vader vs Darth malgus 228124001
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

Darth vader vs Darth malgus Empty Re: Darth vader vs Darth malgus

January 20th 2020, 1:37 pm
learn more about legends its very cool ;) 

vader is more skilled and powerful 

malgus is more versatile and agiled

Last edited by The lord of hunger on January 20th 2020, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

January 20th 2020, 1:38 pm
”Powerhouses”
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 1:40 pm
Seturna wrote:”Powerhouses”
Darth vader vs Darth malgus 1076326320
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 1:57 pm
Both are extremely powerful in their own rights. Prime Vader is probably > prime Malgus in power but the two are relatively even in skill and physicals.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 2:22 pm
i vader is better than him in almost everything. BOD will disagree with me, but i think vader is also a good bit more skilled and powerful
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 2:47 pm
Malgus' skill showings are honestly better than any of Vader's. His physicals are also pretty impressive too.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 2:48 pm
BoD wrote:Malgus' skill showings are honestly better than any of Vader's. His physicals are also pretty impressive too.
i dont know much about malgus' feats, so could u elaborate on that? i mean the skill ones. i know he is pretty strong lol.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 3:16 pm
Matched the act 3 iterations of the HoT/Barsen'Thor/Voidhound/Havoc Squad Commander in combat or Emperor's Wrath/Darth Nox/Cipher Nine/Grand Hunt Champion at the same time. He's also put up a decent fight against prime Outlander backed by Arn and Tau.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 3:19 pm
doenst the HOT have an accolade of being the most skilled jedi at that time or something? i think the emperor's wrath is pretty skilled, but idk if he is as skilled as the HOT. 

did malgus use the force in those fights? i mean, enough that it influenced its outcome?

him fight the HOT is good of a feat, ill say that. how does he compare to PT and rebellion era characters?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 20th 2020, 5:26 pm
BoD wrote:Malgus' skill showings are honestly better than any of Vader's.
Darth vader vs Darth malgus 39523600
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 5:32 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:
BoD wrote:Malgus' skill showings are honestly better than any of Vader's.
Darth vader vs Darth malgus 39523600
Fighting an Outlander hardened by years of war who's infinitely stronger than before and much stronger than you and still holding your own for a time despite them having the help of Tau and Arn is just more impressive than most of Vader's, if not all of them.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 20th 2020, 5:34 pm
Holding his own my arse. He was wrecked. Malgus is still in the same tier as Aryn Leneer tbh
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 5:35 pm
doenst the HOT have an accolade of being the most skilled jedi at that time or something? i think the emperor's wrath is pretty skilled, but idk if he is as skilled as the HOT. 

He's frequently referred to as the champion of the Order as early as act 1, and his martial abilities were legendary before SoR and before he went through immense growth.

did malgus use the force in those fights? i mean, enough that it influenced its outcome?

Wouldn't help that much since the Outlander would have been combat ready and able to pretty casually knock aside his attacks. The only one he might have used are illusions, which the Outlander had a lot of experience in fighting.

him fight the HOT is good of a feat, ill say that. how does he compare to PT and rebellion era characters?

Outlander is probably a tier 9 at this point, so he's above most of the PT and Rebellion characters except the heavyweights like Mace, Yoda, KFV, Sidious, Luke, etc. 

I don't think the skill disparity is big, but I think that there is a small gap.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 5:35 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Holding his own my arse. He was wrecked. Malgus is still in the same tier as Aryn Leneer tbh
Darth vader vs Darth malgus 3363707401
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 20th 2020, 5:37 pm
Not to mention that Malgus was stalemated by Ven Zallow, and there’s no evidence supporting the idea of some sort of growth in skill. Even Maul would do (marginally) better
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 5:39 pm
i mean, i see vader beating the outlander, tbh, but i know u dont, so...
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 5:44 pm
Not to mention that Malgus was stalemated by Ven Zallow, and there’s no evidence supporting the idea of some sort of growth in skill. 

He wasn't stalemated by Ven. He drives Ven back, then Ven has one last offensive where he lands a single blow on Malgus before Malgus kills him. 

As for growth, Sacking of Coruscant was in 3653 BBY, whereas the Battle of Ilum (and FE FPs) took place in 3641 BBY. It's uncommon for Force users not to grow both more powerful and (indirectly) more skilled over a period spamming more than a decade.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 5:45 pm
i mean, i see vader beating the outlander, tbh, but i know u dont, so...

Out of curiosity, based on what?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 6:36 pm
his TK feats are quite good, but i think his early 19/18 BBY accolades bring him up in the long run. not like his late ones arent good, but if u think about his growth rate, his prime is honestly vastly above anything he couldve done in 18/19 BBY
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 6:38 pm
his TK feats are quite good, but i think his early 19/18 BBY accolades bring him up in the long run. not like his late ones arent good, but if u think about his growth rate, his prime is honestly vastly above anything he couldve done in 18/19 BBY

But how does this mean he could beat the Outlander?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 6:46 pm
because i dont think he is as strong? before u think im saying he's weak, he's not, and we both know that. im just saying that i put vader higher than i put him. vader's scaling is honestly pretty good.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 20th 2020, 6:48 pm
Malgus literally stomps
Divina
Divina

January 20th 2020, 7:12 pm
why does malgus stomp ? im just asking for info, not to debate you. so dont worry lol!
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 20th 2020, 7:17 pm
He doesn't.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum