Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

How many Legends Darth Maul's to beat... Empty How many Legends Darth Maul's to beat...

January 7th 2020, 8:56 am
1. AOTC Anakin?
2. AOTC Anakin and season 5 Ahsoka?
3. Obi-Wan (AOTC)?
4. Revan (Darth)?
5. Mace Windu (TPM)?
6. Jedi Dooku?
7. Sith Dooku?
8. IH Anakin?
9. Vaylin (unchained)?
10. KFV/MFV?
11. ROTS Sidious?

Maul is in his prime.

R1: He's completely healed and rested after every round.
R2: He gets 24 hours to heal and rest up.
R3: 1 hour. 
R4: No recovery time.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

How many Legends Darth Maul's to beat... Empty Re: How many Legends Darth Maul's to beat...

January 7th 2020, 6:08 pm
oh i was thinking it was a common guantlet since then.

round 1-3 only 1 
rounds 4-6 three mauls 
rounds 7-10 4 or 5 mauls

Last edited by The lord of hunger on January 7th 2020, 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

How many Legends Darth Maul's to beat... Empty Re: How many Legends Darth Maul's to beat...

January 7th 2020, 6:10 pm
@The lord of hunger

Though you're fine here, this is just a notice to avoid quoting user's posts if they have a lot of text. It clogs the thread. Instead, just use the tag feature.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 7th 2020, 6:11 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:@The lord of hunger

Though you're fine here, this is just a notice to avoid quoting user's posts if they have a lot of text. It clogs the thread. Instead, just use the tag feature.
ok :3
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 7th 2020, 6:51 pm
Ill assume that prime Maul is season 7 TCW while enraged, or Rebels maul with a very stable mindset. either seems fine to be, tbh

AOTC Anakin- 1 maul is enough. He is like Anakin, in this case, but better in literally everything, some tihngs by a great amount too.

Annie and Ahsoka- Tough, but 1 maul can beat both. IF they were to perform at their best ever, with a literal perfect team work, they would win, but thats kinda extreme. If that is the case tho, it sounds like maul may win 3/10.

Kenobi AOTC- 1 maul. same as AOTC Annie

Revan is strong, skilled in the force, somewhat hax by this point, and very smart, but i think that Maul's physicals and fighting skill can overcome that. 1 Maul is enough, imo.

TPM mace. Mace is hax like revan, but not as spammy. He is not smarter than maul either, and has no great physical feats by this point. I think 1 Maul is enough. I think that Maul in his prime may also be more skilled than TPM mace, but thats speculation from me.

Jedi Dooku- he is about the same as TPM mace and Revan put together, but I think Maul at his best can beat him. It would be strength in Maul's case against Dooku's superior usage of the force. I dont think Dooku is more powerful than prime Maul either, so Dooku's edge is simply the amount of powers, wits, and sheer skill with the force.

Sith Dooku- He is like the previous Dooku, but more experienced, many more powers, far more powerful, good deal faster, good deal stronger, and even more skilled, possibly smarter too. Honestly, if it were for the amount of powers and superior, well, power, one prime Maul would be enough. 2 Mauls, ill say, but they do win 100% of the time though, since 1 Maul is already a big deal.

IH Anakin- I assume Anakin as he fought Dooku after Kenobi went lights out? If so about 3 Mauls seem about enough to me. If Anakin is not like that, two is enough.

Vaylin- 2 seems about right. Maul by himself is already far more experienced, an overall better fighter (by possibly a good margin, if u count h2h and shit like that), seems to be smarter, and seems to use the force in battle well enough to overcome the power diff. 2 Mauls is enough.

KFV- Oh man. At least 4, if Anakin isnt willingly jobbing or being cocky.

ROTS Sheev- if this is Sheev at his best, 4 Mauls as well. While Sheev is far more skilled and varied in the force than Anakin is, he is also weaker physically, i think  less experienced, and too cocky. Not to mention that here Maul has the advantage of having possibly being more prepared to fight Sheev, then Sheev was ever more prepared to fight him.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

January 8th 2020, 8:02 am
Stops at 1, no amount of mauls can overcome AOTC Anakin
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

January 8th 2020, 10:28 am
Isv wrote:Stops at 1, no amount of mauls can overcome AOTC Anakin

If this were infinite The Phantom Menace Darth Mauls, you'd probably be right;

When asked who would win in a fight -- Ray Park’s Darth Maul or Hayden Christensen’s Anakin Skywalker -- Gillard had no hesitation. "Hayden would cream Darth Maul." (May 07, 2002)

Starwars.com - Swordmaster & Apprentice (link)
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 8th 2020, 11:00 am
Gillard isn't g-canon so his opinion can be disputed.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

January 8th 2020, 11:11 am
Smoking hot take, never claimed it couldn't be.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 8th 2020, 11:28 am
is that even legit? and anyhow, yeah, he would cream TPM maul lol
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 8th 2020, 11:30 am
i believe maybe that opinion can be taken as a fact considering that gillard established the tier system in the prequels.....
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 8th 2020, 11:43 am
The lord of hunger wrote:i believe maybe that opinion can be taken as a fact considering that gillard established the tier system in the prequels.....
It's not g-canon so it can be disputed. Only time Gillard's words are g-canon are when they're made in partnership with Lucas (e.g. in the Making of ROTS).
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 8th 2020, 12:08 pm
honestly, most shit from or about the movies contradicts what we get in the EU. Like, a lot of it. from all movies. I still dont know why we just go by the novels and comics instead of movies made in the 70s which changed character tiers simply to explain why one of them didnt use the force, cuz they didnt have enough money to do so. The main novels are 'directed' and 'edited' by lucas himself, and he often says that what novels have is what he wished to put in the movies. I think we should go by the novels more.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 8th 2020, 12:48 pm
BoD (back from 8th) wrote:
The lord of hunger wrote:i believe maybe that opinion can be taken as a fact considering that gillard established the tier system in the prequels.....
It's not g-canon so it can be disputed. Only time Gillard's words are g-canon are when they're made in partnership with Lucas (e.g. in the Making of ROTS).
so anakin being a tier nine at the time of ROTS can be considered as a fact?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 8th 2020, 1:34 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:
BoD (back from 8th) wrote:
so anakin being a tier nine at the time of ROTS can be considered as a fact?
He was a tier nine by Mustafar, yes.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

January 10th 2020, 12:46 am
1-3: 1.
4: Not sure. 
5-6: 2 for a majority but 1 is capable of beating them for a minority. 
7: 2
8: 2-3. 
9: Not sure. 
10: 3 for KFV. 2 for MFV. 
11: At least 4. Likely more. 
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 10th 2020, 1:06 am
@BoD: Still glad that was not retconned ;) time to wank the hell out of this now
O-Siri
O-Siri

January 10th 2020, 11:50 am

1. AOTC Anakin?
R1(1) R2 (1) R3(1) R4(1)
2. AOTC Anakin and season 5 Ahsoka?
R1(1) R2 (1) R3(1) R4(1)
3. Obi-Wan (AOTC)?
R1(1) R2 (1) R3(1) R4(1)
4. Revan (Darth)?
5. Mace Windu (TPM)?
R1(1) R2 (1) R3(2) R4(2)
6. Jedi Dooku?
R1(1) R2 (1) R3(2) R4(2)
7. Sith Dooku?
R1(1) R2 (2) R3(3) R4(4)
8. IH Anakin?
R1(2) R2 (2) R3(3) R4(4)
9. Vaylin (unchained)?
10. KFV/MFV?
R1(2) R2 (2) R3(4) R4(5)
11. ROTS Sidious?
R1(2) R2 (3) R3(5) R4(6)
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 10th 2020, 11:53 am
@O-Siri You think two Mauls is enough to bridge the ragdoll level gap between Maul and Sheev?
O-Siri
O-Siri

January 10th 2020, 12:10 pm
BoD wrote:@O-Siri You think two Mauls is enough to bridge the ragdoll level gap between Maul and Sheev?
Even completely disregarding Shadow Conspiracy, he only ragdolled Maul when he was: (1) taken by surprise, (2) mid-air and in the middle of an attacking sequence and thus in less of a position to defend himself; basic stuff when you commit to attack you sacrifice defense and vice versa, and (3) when he was disarmed, taking a knee and basically a battered, spent, and defeated force at this point. 

OT: I'm among the minority that doesn't think the tier 9s that far ahead of the tier 8s. Decisively above them individually sure, but two can certainly pose a threat, there's a reason Sidious never dispensed with the Rule of Two.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 10th 2020, 12:22 pm
Fair enough. Was curious.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum