Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
caffeineandshiny
caffeineandshiny

Favorite Star Wars author/creator Empty Favorite Star Wars author/creator

December 30th 2019, 10:43 pm
Who is your favorite Star Wars author, creator, etc and why? Includes all games, books, movies, and comics in both the EU and canon (if you put George Lucas, please don't just say "he created Star Wars so of course he is the best").

This also includes people who might have not been the primary writer on a Star Wars work, but who you felt did an amazing job with what they were in charge of.

Bonus: what is your favorite Star Wars movie, book, game, comic etc?
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Favorite Star Wars author/creator Empty Re: Favorite Star Wars author/creator

December 30th 2019, 11:03 pm
George Lucas Favorite Star Wars author/creator 1019854026
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 30th 2019, 11:42 pm
Meatpants wrote:George Lucas Favorite Star Wars author/creator 1019854026
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

December 31st 2019, 1:43 am
Aaron Allston
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

December 31st 2019, 4:57 am
Charles Soule. He's one of the few canon authors that just really, really seems to get Star Wars. Not a single one of his comics has disappointed me yet, and he's introduced a ton of interesting concepts to the current canon. I'm really excited to see what he does now that he's been given the reins to the mainline Star Wars comic in 2020.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 31st 2019, 7:36 am
Stover, Avellone, Luceno, Zahn, and Lucas.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 31st 2019, 9:00 am
Not including Lucas I'll go for Stover, Luceno and Denning.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 31st 2019, 9:16 am
Sean Stewart. Luceno is pretty great too.
The Witness
The Witness

December 31st 2019, 10:47 am
George Lucas, irvan kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Matthew Stover and drew karpyshyn
Gueliston
Gueliston

December 31st 2019, 11:35 am
Lucas, Zahn, Avellone, Stover, and Luceno. Maintained a soft spot for Karpyshyn even though my opinion of his writing has lessened throughout the years.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 31st 2019, 12:33 pm
luceno,timothy,aaron,salvatore,stover,karen,chuck are all great authors
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 31st 2019, 12:47 pm
Luceno. Would also say Drew K. If we exclude his TOR work which I despise.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

December 31st 2019, 2:03 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:Charles Soule. He's one of the few canon authors that just really, really seems to get Star Wars. Not a single one of his comics has disappointed me yet, and he's introduced a ton of interesting concepts to the current canon. I'm really excited to see what he does now that he's been given the reins to the mainline Star Wars comic in 2020.

Snoke in a straw hat didn't disappoint you a little bit?

On topic mine are: KW Jeter, John Wagner, Haden Blackmen, Karen Traviss (yes, I know she made the non force users broken, I still like her stories), steve perry, James Luceno, Mathew Stover, Jeremy Barlow, and finally an underrated author: Peter Alilunas.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

December 31st 2019, 3:05 pm
Isv wrote:
Underachiever599 wrote:Charles Soule. He's one of the few canon authors that just really, really seems to get Star Wars. Not a single one of his comics has disappointed me yet, and he's introduced a ton of interesting concepts to the current canon. I'm really excited to see what he does now that he's been given the reins to the mainline Star Wars comic in 2020.

Snoke in a straw hat didn't disappoint you a little bit?

On topic mine are: KW Jeter, John Wagner, Haden Blackmen, Karen Traviss (yes, I know she made the non force users broken, I still like her stories), steve perry, James Luceno, Mathew Stover, Jeremy Barlow, and finally an underrated author: Peter Alilunas.
Honestly, no. I don't recall which source it was, but back when TLJ first came out, we learned that Snoke and Luke had met before, and Snoke had fooled Luke about his true nature for a time. I figured Snoke would do something to appear as a "kindly old man" rather than just being a raving madman. Snoke's appearance in the Kylo Ren comic didn't throw me off at all.

I suppose I should also throw in Luceno and Zahn on my list of authors I really enjoy, though. John Jackson Miller is another great one. I loved his Kenobi novel. Also Michael Reeves. I enjoyed Shadow Hunter, the MedStar duology, and the Coruscant Nights trilogy quite a bit.

December 31st 2019, 4:06 pm
Discluding Lucas, I'd go with Sean Stewart. He has all of the pros of my other two favourite authors (Luceno and Stover), but none of their weaknesses, e.g. Luceno can be too clinical and Stover can go on for too long.
O-Siri
O-Siri

December 31st 2019, 6:11 pm
George Lucas for the PT and his written and executive work on the OT. Jude Watson for the JA and JQ series. Luceno for Cloak of Deception, Labyrinth of Evil, and Darth Plagueis. And Dave Wolverton for his contribution to the JA series and Star Wars Episode 1 adventure series. I like the Bane Trilogy but I'm not a fan of Drew's other work so I can't include him.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

January 1st 2020, 12:44 am
K.W. Jeter hasn't gotten a name drop and this means none of your have read the bounty hunter wars trilogy and I am disgusted at all of you
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum