Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

Power difference between TPM, RotS and RotJ Sidious Empty Power difference between TPM, RotS and RotJ Sidious

October 16th 2019, 4:17 am
I hereby call upon Azronger and other memebers of the Church of Sheev to once and for all establish the difference in power between those three incarnations of the Almighty.

Seriously though, I think it would be good to have a place where we can quickly find some of the most important quotes about Sheev, without the need to score through all those Respect Threads on Comic Vine.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Power difference between TPM, RotS and RotJ Sidious Empty Re: Power difference between TPM, RotS and RotJ Sidious

October 16th 2019, 4:21 am
Sheev constantly grew in power, the only problem was that he was limited in what he could do with it; a body can only harness so much Force energy. Valkorion faces a similar dilemma in some respects.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Power difference between TPM, RotS and RotJ Sidious Empty Re: Power difference between TPM, RotS and RotJ Sidious

October 16th 2019, 4:58 am
I'm making an updated Sheev RT on this site, but that'll probably takes eons to fully complete.

I'd say there's not much of a difference between TPM and RotS. RotJ is far more powerful, though, given how he tanked full potential Galen Marek's suicide blast without a dent. A common issue all iterations faced is that they could only channel a limited portion of his Force reserves lest his body start collapsing in real time.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

October 16th 2019, 5:00 am
Meatpants wrote:Sheev constantly grew in power, the only problem was that he was limited in what he could do with it; a body can only harness so much Force energy. Valkorion faces a similar dilemma in some respects.

Valkorion never had issues utilizing his primary vessel. He only faced a hard barrier with the Outlander but that was quickly fixed with an increased midi-chlorian count. For the Emperor, not even midi-chlorian manipulation techniques helped; the power he harnessed was simply too vast.
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

October 23rd 2019, 4:53 am
Sources suggest that the growing shroud of the dark side went in lockstep with Sidious's growing power through the PT, which would presumably happen over the 13 years anyway. The gap is probably even larger between RotS and RotJ Sidious given the larger timeskip and attention to study.

You could plausibly argue that the gap isn't that large and Sidious had already plateaued by TPM or RotS, but then why is he noted to grow so much stronger from RotJ to DE?
MP

October 26th 2019, 3:43 am
The Ellimist wrote:You could plausibly argue that the gap isn't that large and Sidious had already plateaued by TPM or RotS, but then why is he noted to grow so much stronger from RotJ to DE?

He didn't plateau. He grew in power, but his body couldn't release all that power without destroying itself, so he was "limited" in what power he could output without bringing his body closer to death. Hence why in the same year as RotS he was frantically searching for a way to escape his body and ended up essence transferring into clones.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

October 26th 2019, 1:02 pm
i mean, he grew a lot from ROTS to ROTJ, since he grew alongside vader in power, and ROTJ vader>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 19 BBY vader. one could say that since its a 20 year power growth, he grew half of that from TPM to ROTS
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 26th 2019, 7:39 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i mean, he grew a lot from ROTS to ROTJ, since he grew alongside vader in power, and ROTJ vader>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 19 BBY vader. one could say that since its a 20 year power growth, he grew half of that from TPM to ROTS
I wouldn't go this far. ROTJ Vader is certainly >>> 19 BBY Vader, but it's not like he could just one-shot him.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

October 26th 2019, 10:44 pm
I mean, eh, u know? I go by what we see, hear, is told about etc. So, for example, we have vader growing a good bit more in power inbetween ANH and ESB, and this was what, 1 year? So vader couldve convincingly gotten twice as strong in just that time span. Is this crazy? Not really, no. We have vader grow possibly even more in months, from TFU to TFU2. Went from equal, or weaker than marek at his prime in TFU, to even easily dealing with him in TFU2, in which Starkiller was stronger than his previous incarnation right from the start of the game, and only got stronger. So like ROTJ vader> ESB vader>> ANH vader>(possibly >>)TFU 2 vader>> end of game SK> start of game SK> end of game marek> TFU vader>> start of game marek. Or TFU vader>>> 18 BBY vader (going by feats, 18 BBY vader is a completely different beast when compared to him 1 year before)> (possibly >>) 19 BBY vader... Going by how many of these '>' i used, ROTJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 19 BBY vader. So, imo, yeah, ROTJ sidious could maybe even one shot his ROTS self, since he grew in power alongside vader
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 16th 2019, 1:01 pm
TPM < RotS << RotJ << DE
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum