Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Fri May 03, 2019 8:13 pm
Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Screen17


While rereading Two-Edged Sword I came across an interesting passage, to me this most resembles the Shatterpoint ability, what do you think?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Fri May 03, 2019 8:16 pm
@azronger

Curious on your opinion specifically.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Fri May 03, 2019 8:38 pm
BEFORE YOU COMMENT "NO!" PLEASE READ THE PASSAGE.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Fri May 03, 2019 10:10 pm
I actually have that story as a special addition on my paperback copy of betrayal, but i haven’t read it yet. But just by reading that passage I would say it’s not an example of shatterpoint, at least not necessarily. Unless stated somewhere else in the story, Vader’s knowledge of the weak point of that hatch could just be a result of Vader knowing how that thing is made, and not him using the force to perceive it. With more context I could evaluate this feat a bit more.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Fri May 03, 2019 10:17 pm
@mastercilghal wrote:I actually have that story as a special addition on my paperback copy of betrayal, but i haven’t read it yet. But just by reading that passage I would say it’s not an example of shatterpoint, at least not necessarily. Unless stated somewhere else in the story, Vader’s knowledge of the weak point of that hatch could just be a result of Vader knowing how that thing is made, and not him using the force to perceive it. With more context I could evaluate this feat a bit more.

Well it's kinda strange, because he is on a Lambada Class shuttle (which should be nowhere near as big as the story makes them out to be) when this is happening, I doubt he knows the inner-workings of a simple shuttle considering this story is like at most months away from ROTS, but I do agree that it's unlikely to convince people that it is shatterpoint, thanks for Commenting!
Hellsjudge
Hellsjudge

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Fri May 03, 2019 11:21 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Screen17


While rereading Two-Edged Sword I came across an interesting passage, to me this most resembles the Shatterpoint ability, what do you think?

Given that Luke and Jacen have it. I don't see why Anakin should not have it.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 am
@Hellsjudge wrote:
In-sidiousvader wrote:Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Screen17


While rereading Two-Edged Sword I came across an interesting passage, to me this most resembles the Shatterpoint ability, what do you think?

Given that Luke and Jacen have it. I don't see why Anakin should not have it.

Even Cade has it, but the question I pose to that answer is this, Is shatterpoint hereditary? Is there any way to quantify it being in genes?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger
Moderator
Moderator

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Sat May 04, 2019 7:10 am
Vader knowing where the weakest point in an object is doesn't mean he gleaned that information through the Force when nothing in the passage alludes to that.
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Sat May 04, 2019 7:41 am
Azronger wrote:Vader knowing where the weakest point in an object is doesn't mean he gleaned that information through the Force when nothing in the passage alludes to that.
The Reborn Emperor
The Reborn Emperor
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Sat May 04, 2019 10:30 am
No. Kreia's quote has more likelihood of proving she can utilise shatterpoint than Vader's.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Sat May 04, 2019 11:54 am
No, it's not Shatterpoint.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:50 am
Anakin/Vader should have it, but the quote does not specify if it's the Shatterpoint ability.
Sponsored content

Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability? Empty Re: Does Darth Vader have the Shatterpoint ability?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum