Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Haggis
Haggis

Ranking the NJO Jedi.  Empty Ranking the NJO Jedi.

May 2nd 2019, 4:54 pm
In the same vein as MP's 'Ranking the PT Jedi' thread, here's one for the NJO. Pick your top 10 Jedi of the NJO. You may include Jacen Solo, but only up to his prime as a Jedi, NOT Darth Caedus. (Include the Legacy Comics Jedi if you want).

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Kyp Durron
3. Jacen Solo
4. Kyle Katarn
5. Saba Sebytyne
6. Mara Jade Skywalker
7/8. Tresina Lobi/Corran Horn
9/10. Kenth Hamner/Jaina Solo Fel

If I were to add Legacy Comics Jedi, Cade Skywalker would be 3 or 4. Also not sure where I'd put Jaden Korr if I were to rank him this high.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

Ranking the NJO Jedi.  Empty Re: Ranking the NJO Jedi.

May 3rd 2019, 3:13 am
1-Luke
2-Jaina
3-Kyp Durron
4-Jacen Solo
5-Saba
6-Corran Horn
7-Mara Jade
8-Leia
9-Hammer
10- Kyle Katarn
Haggis
Haggis

May 3rd 2019, 6:14 am
xolthol wrote:
2-Jaina
3-Kyp Durron
4-Jacen Solo

Ranking the NJO Jedi.  8kttsc10
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 3rd 2019, 9:24 am
1.Luke Skywalker 
2. Kyp Durron (prime, not holding back) 
3. Kyle Katarn 
4. Saba Sebatyne/Mara Jade
5. Kenth Hamner/Tresina Lobi
6. Corran Horn/Kam Solusar 
7.Leia 
8.Cilghal ( I would like to place her a lot higher, but I can’t, given the feats)   
9. Octa Ramis 
10. Tionne Solusar 
(11. Every jedi Knight and padawan)
(12. Jaina solo) 
Ranking the NJO Jedi.  1076326320
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 3rd 2019, 1:03 pm
1.Luke Skywalker
2.Kyp Durron
3.Jacen Solo
4.Saba Sabatyne
5.Kyle Katarn
6.Kenth Hamner
7.Corran Horn
8.Jaina Solo
9.Mara Jade Skywalker
10.Tresina Lobi

@Xolthol That list has... so many issues.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 3rd 2019, 1:35 pm
DC77 wrote:1.Luke Skywalker
2.Kyp Durron
3.Jacen Solo
4.Saba Sabatyne
5.Kyle Katarn
6.Kenth Hamner
7.Corran Horn
8.Jaina Solo
9.Mara Jade Skywalker
10.Tresina Lobi

@Xolthol That list has... so many issues.
Good list, but Lobi>Mara , and probably even Jaina, based on their performances against Alema Rar.

May 3rd 2019, 2:09 pm
Mara is sub-Malgus (as of Hope). She's definitely not above Katarn who gave a decent fight to Caedus.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 3rd 2019, 2:21 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:Mara is sub-Malgus (as of Hope). She's definitely not above Katarn who gave a decent fight to Caedus.

Mara actually has a pretty good TK feat in balance point, where she held a massive ceiling while trapped under an underground chamber. And this was while under the effects of the Yuuzhan Vong comb spores. 
 Three retorts like richocheting projectile shots sounded overhead. Startled, she glanced up. A crack opened in the stoney ceiling. It branched, branched again, and again.

She waved jaina toward the tunnel, crying Run! A chunk of stone hit the floor beside her.
Jaina reached the doorway. All around them ceiling, walls of soft rock crumbled. Mara pushed Jaina ahead if her, reaching deep inside herself, trying to divert each stone as it fell. She split a dozen with her lightsaber.
But they fell too thickly. As rock dust choked off the light ahead and behind her, she pushed Jaina down, fell on her, and pushed out with the force. She kept the presence of mind to extinguish her lightsaber.
The noise went on, like a powerful waterfall, for several age long seconds.
Jaina rolled out from under her. She'd killed her lightsaber too. In utter darkness, mara couldnt see what Jaina was doing, but she did hear a plaintative ow!.
Hit your head? Mara asked quietly.
"Slightly" Momentary silence. "Your re keeping that up with the force?"
No. Just my radiant personity. She softened her voice. Do u still have the rebreathers?"
-Balance Point.

It is particularly impressive since Luke notes there are thousands of stones: 
Luke shut his eyes, alert for details. Earlier, he'd caught the sense of danger, then anger, then a moment of painful decision, of shoving aside her considerable pride. It was harder to flee than to stand and fight. Didn't he know it ...

Now he plainly caught her flicker of assurance, focused toward him. Unbeaten, she was exerting herself powerfully. He caught the image of darkness,and thousands of stones, and the daunting job of repositioning them.
New Jedi Order: Balance Point
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 3rd 2019, 2:27 pm
@mastercilghal Jaina's growth up till FOTJ should make up for that to be honest.

Mara and Lobi should be on the same level based off their performances against Lumiya and it's tough to say for certain but honestly I think it should go to Mara slightly.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 3rd 2019, 2:50 pm
DC77 wrote:@mastercilghal Jaina's growth up till FOTJ should make up for that to be honest.

Mara and Lobi should be on the same level based off their performances against Lumiya and it's tough to say for certain but honestly I think it should go to Mara slightly.
I disagree. Alema Rar was stomped by Lobi, while Mara had to actually put effort into defeating her. Furthermore, Lobi was actually coming out on top against Lumiya and Rar together, and was only beaten because of Alema’s force whispers.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 3rd 2019, 4:35 pm
1. Thon
2. The Holocron/Spirit of Voda siosk baas
3. Luke
4. Kyle Katarn
5. Mara Jade
6. Jaina
7/8. Lomi plo and tresina Lobi
9/10. Anakin Solo and Jacen
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 10:15 pm
xolthol wrote:1-Luke
2-Jaina
3-Kyp Durron
4-Jacen Solo
5-Saba
6-Corran Horn
7-Mara Jade
8-Leia
9-Hammer
10- Kyle Katarn
Care to explain how Jaina > Jacen or Jaina > Kyp?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 1st 2019, 7:28 am
My opinions have changed rather substantially since I made my last list. My updated views:

1.Luke Skywalker
2.Jacen Solo
3.Saba Sebatyne
4.Mara Jade Skywalker
5.Kyp Durron
6.Kyle Katarn
7.Corran Horn
8.Kenth Hamner
9.Jaina Solo Fel
10.Tresina Lobi
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 1st 2019, 3:33 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:My opinions have changed rather substantially since I made my last list. My updated views:

1.Luke Skywalker
2.Jacen Solo
3.Saba Sebatyne
4.Mara Jade Skywalker
5.Kyp Durron
6.Kyle Katarn
7.Corran Horn
8.Kenth Hamner
9.Jaina Solo Fel
10.Tresina Lobi
How the hell is Saba > Kyp and Mara > Kyp?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 1st 2019, 4:00 pm
A recovered Jacen noted that defeating Saba would be a challenge for him, an injured Jacen had no problem destroying Kyle and his entire strike team. Mara beat Kyle on Kaas. Kyle is comparable to Kyp, per the assessment of Luke. Thus all of them are above him. Kyp's a powerhouse, not a strong martial combatant.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 1st 2019, 4:57 pm
@EmperorCaedus Forgot to tag you.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 1st 2019, 5:18 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Kyle is comparable to Kyp, per the assessment of Luke. Thus all of them are above him. Kyp's a powerhouse, not a strong martial combatant.

I don't really care about the other stuff, just this bit here. 

"He [Viun Gaalan] was good; Luke gave him that. He might have been a match for an expert swordmaster like Kyp or Kyle Katarn."

Luke says that in regards to saber skills only. Luke says "match for an expert swordmaster" then proceeds to name Kyp and Kyle. He's not comparing them in terms of power, he's saying they're both master swordsmen. Swordsmanship and power are entirely different things. Being equally skilled with a lightsaber does not equate to being equally powerful in the force. Thus Kyle being ~ Kyp is just blatantly incorrect.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 1st 2019, 5:39 pm
@EmperorCaedus:

I don't really care about the other stuff, just this bit here.

Concession accepted. Ranking the NJO Jedi.  1289255181

Luke says that in regards to saber skills only. Luke says "match for an expert swordmaster" then proceeds to name Kyp and Kyle. He's not comparing them in terms of power, he's saying they're both master swordsmen. Being equally skilled with a lightsaber does not equate to being equally powerful in the force. Thus Kyle being ~ Kyp is just blatantly incorrect.

Which is what I just said:

Kyp's a powerhouse, not a strong martial combatant.

So... another concession accepted? This thread is ranking their overall capabilities, not their force power specifically. And unless Kyp can ragdoll them off the bat (Unlikely, he has no feats of doing this against any solid Mara/Kyle/Saba level fighter and doesn't scale to anyone who has) he has no hope of victory. Heck, Kyle might be better than him overall, let alone Saba/Mara, Luke thought he had a better chance of beating Jacen than Kyp did.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 1st 2019, 5:46 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Concession accepted. Ranking the NJO Jedi.  1289255181

Which is what I just said:

Kyp's a powerhouse, not a strong martial combatant.

So... another concession accepted? This thread is ranking their overall capabilities, not their force power specifically. And unless Kyp can ragdoll them off the bat (Unlikely, he has no feats of doing this against any solid Mara/Kyle level fighter and doesn't scale to anyone who has) he has no hope of victory. Heck, Kyle might be better than him overall, Luke thought he had a better chance of beating Jacen than Kyp did.
1. No, I just don't care about Saba's pertinence to your list

2. Concession not accepted. Being extremely powerful in the force is >>> being an expert swordsmaster. Examples include Valkorion and Vaylin, just to name a few. They are extremely powerful in the force, the ladder being comparable/on par with Kyp. They are known/well-regarded as having little to no swordsmanship, but being extremely combatively viable anyways.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 1st 2019, 6:00 pm
@EmperorCaedus:

No, I just don't care about Saba's pertinence to your list

Concession still accepted.

Concession not accepted.

Cool story bro.

Being extremely powerful in the force is >>> being an expert swordsmaster. Examples include Valkorion and Vaylin, just to name a few. They are extremely powerful in the force, the ladder being comparable/on par with Kyp. They are known/well-regarded as having little to no swordsmanship, but being extremely combatively viable anyways.

1.I don't disagree that force power is of greater importance as a general rule, however the problem arises in that characters such as Valk have demonstrably proven they can utilise the force to overwhelm superior combatants without difficulty, something Kyp has never demonstrated he can do. This leaves us with a rather simple conclusion, we defer to his duelling skills, which are below those of Saba and Mara. You also ignored my point about overall ability, in spite of his force power Kyp was dismissed in favour of Kyle when it came to detaining Caedus.

2.Your Vaylin example actually helps my point, she lost to the Outlander in spite of her greater power due to his superiority with a blade.
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

December 2nd 2019, 4:33 am
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Jacen Solo
3. Kyp Durron/Kyle Katarn
4. Saba Sebatyne
5. Mara Jade/Tresina Lobi
6. Corran Horn
7. Kenth Hamner

I have no clue where to rank guys like Jaina Solo, Jaden Korr or Leia Organa. I feel like Jaina as of Fate of the Jedi, was supposed to be second only to Luke.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum