Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! Empty Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread!

January 21st 2021, 6:33 pm
Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)
Alright so here I am once again, coming back with another obscure Force User respect thread! I've noted that when regarding Galen, that his father gets the shaft a lot by many for whatever reason, so I looked into it and in actuality he's a pretty solid combatant. I mean I'm not saying he's anything BIG or what have you, but I think he deserves a lot more credit than many give him for, when his only negative is...losing to Darth Vader of all Sith Lords...which I don't see why that's a slight against him but whatever.

Plus I'm bored, so let's get into this!

=======

Jedi Master Kento Marek

Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! HvfQ5ud

Sourcebook/Guide//Game/Databank Quotes

Like many Jedi Knights, Master Kento was discovered by the Jedi Order and brought to the Temple for training at a very early age.  Kento was a gifted student. He viewed every mission no matter how dangerous or disturbing as just another adventure, a chance to engage in exciting, death-defying heroics. When the Clone Wars erupted, Kento rushed to the front and fought bravely alongside the clone soldiers and fellow Jedi.

- TFU Databank

At a very early age it's noted that he was a gifted student during his training. He viewed every mission as an adventure, going into death defying heroics and when the Clone Wars came about he fought bravely with his fellow Jedi and clone troopers. At some point he also attained the rank of Jedi Master.

Meanwhile, a hooded figure watches the battle from a perch high above the sand. It is the rogue Jedi Master, and his Wookiee forces are holding tight.

- TFU Prima Official Game Guide

Again restating his position as a Jedi Master.

He’s extremely fast and can quickly circle around you and attack in one fluid motion, so stay alert!

- TFU Prima Official Game Guide

Noted to be extremely fast and can attack in one fluid motion.

The blood of a true Jedi-My blood-Flows through you.

- Kento Marek TFU: Jedi Temple

States that the blood of a true Jedi, his blood, flows through his son.

Feats

Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! 5QB2gR

He seems to get Force pushed back by Vader and the hut gets crushed by the latter, though Kento is able to quickly get up and maneuver, using the pieces of the destroyed hut as they get flung about and land safely.

Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! XnpRxJ

He's able to catch Vader off guard with a powerful Force Push which actually tears up the ground beneath the two.

"Grab hold of something," the robed man called to them. "Quickly!"

Vader clenched his fist, hard, and the support struts finally cracked. He extended both hands, and the hut shook from side to side. With a sickening sound, the last of its supports gave way and the hut tumbled to the platform below. Wookiees flew bodily in all directions. Splinters and dust filled the air.

Vader didn't flinch as the hut crashed directly in front of him. split open like an overripe fruit.

He didn't move until, out of the thick, dusty haze, he glimpsed a bright blue lightsaber-and its wielder, coming for him like a ghost.

- TFU Novel

In the novel, he's actually crushed within the hut and it crashes right infront of Vader. But Kento doesn't seem any worse for wear as he comes just right out from the destroyed debris.

They fought back and forth across the wooden platform, the tall man's reach a match for Vader's but his strength not as profound. Whoever he was, combat was not his strong point. He had an understanding of the ancient Shii-Cho style but barely a smattering of more advanced Makashi. His attacks were simple to deflect; his defenses, relatively easy to penetrate. Vader toyed with him awhile, then pressed him hard against the side of the fallen I'm, giving him no more ground to retreat to.

- TFU Novel

He knows Shii-Cho and Makashi, his reach is a match for Vader's own. Now I will want to make a note of this, some point as this being something to look at when describing Kento as weak. It isn't ENTIRELY inaccurate, but it's not looking at the bigger picture here.

1. This is Vader, by this point in the timeline he's already killed many Jedi, so...why wouldn't he toy with him?

2. Kento has been hiding for a decade, his skill with a blade is going to most likely deteriorate if he's more focused on raising his son. Even THEN, the text describes as knowing advanced Makashi...correct me if I'm wrong, but advanced is something that is greater than a basic understanding yes? So he knows Shii-Cho(from Padawan training) and Makashi along with apparently more advanced maneuvers of the form if only slightly.

In his prime, no doubt he was a master Makashi user with Shii-Cho being something he also mastered, since as Younglings they have to master Shii-Cho and as a Padawan they have to master at least one form. (Along with being trained through the rest of the fighting styles)

Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! ZYA2nv

During Galen's visit to the Jedi Temple, he faces off against a vision of his Father where the latter is able to keep pace with him well enough, even able to block his blows and evade him if only briefly.

Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! WLxYAX

He appears as a Force Ghost to his son.

He had become someone’s worst nightmare.

A golden glow flickered through the honeyish air. He turned his masked head to face it, and made

out a dark silhouette walking toward him. His clawed right hand reached for his lightsaber, which he

selected automatically from the many at his waist. It snapped on, casting a bloody red glow through

the hut.

By that light, a man in Jedi robes was revealed, tall and straight-backed. The face beneath the hood

was smooth-skinned and calm. His eyes gleamed, containing sorrow and pity. Familiar and yet

unfamiliar, known and yet utterly unknown …

The apprentice hissed a low, dangerous sound through his mask’s vocoder and crouched like a

poised snake, master of Juyo, the most vicious form of lightsaber combat known in the galaxy.

The Jedi drew his own lightsaber—a bright sky blue—and adopted a classic Soresu opening stance,

with left arm upraised, palm-down, running parallel to the lightsaber in his right. With his left foot

forward he balanced perfectly on his right, ready to defend himself against any attack.

The apprentice didn’t keep him waiting. He didn’t employ any wild acrobatics or fancy Force

moves. He simply lunged, using his whole body as a weapon, his balance and dexterity utterly

focused. The dark side thrilled through him, harmonizing perfectly with the anger and hate in his

heart. The Jedi was going to die, one way or another. It might as well be now.

Blue blocked red in a spray of energy. The apprentice struck again, higher this time, a deceptively

loose blow that hid deadly subtleties beneath its wide swing. The Jedi blocked it, too; just. Soresu was

a defensive fighting style well suited to the close confines of the hut, but it wouldn’t last forever

against the malignant grace of Juyo.

The Jedi came in hard and fast before the apprentice could rally another attack. He cared little if the

Jedi hit him, so long as damage was minimal. Close hits left flesh sizzling and armor smoking. The

energy he saved on wild dodges he spent on tearing jagged planks from the walls and throwing them

at the Jedi’s head. All were deflected, but it distracted the man, robbed his attack of some of its

momentum. When he paused, the apprentice sent a surge of Sith lightning under his guard.

The Jedi was caught in the flickering storm. His face twisted into a pained grimace.

Then he brought his right arm down and placed the blade of his lightsaber directly in the lightning’s path. The

energy was absorbed by the blade, then bent back upon itself in a superconducting loop, striking its

source with more energy than it had originally possessed. The apprentice stiffened as pain coursed up

his hands and arms. The agony was unbearable—but bear it he did. His skin melted and warped all

over his body, and he gagged on the stink of his own burning flesh. The pain and revulsion only fed

the dark side, so the faster the lightning came back to him, the harder and stronger it flowed from

him.

The loop couldn’t last forever. With a blinding blue flash he and the Jedi were blown far apart,

crashing with arms outstretched into the walls of the hut and dropping to the floor. Their lightsabers

skittered away in opposite directions, dead.

Flat on his back, the apprentice wheezed through his mask like an asthmatic Gand, only gradually

regaining sensation in his arms and legs. His muscles twitched spastically when he tried to move.

Acrid steam poured from his mask’s narrow eye slits. Fearing that his Jedi opponent might be on his

feet before him, he called on all the power of the Force to lift himself bodily into the air. Hanging

suspended like a doll, with his feet some centimeters off the ground, he blinked his searing eyes until

he could see again.

The Jedi was faring no better. He, too, was upright, but only just. He, too, had lost his lightsaber

and not yet managed to reclaim it. The apprentice leered behind his mask. He had several other

lightsabers to choose from, belonging to all the Jedi Knights he had killed. All he had to do was select

one at random and strike.

Instead he reached out with his left hand and, as his dark Master had done to the first Jedi killed on

this spot, long ago, gripped his opponent about the throat with the Force. Still smoking from the lightning attack, the young man jerked abruptly into the air.

They faced each other across the ruined hut, neither touching the ground.

“Kill me,” gasped the Jedi, “and you destroy yourself.”

The apprentice laughed gloatingly, a hideous sound that bore little relationship to anything made by

a human throat. Summoning his lightsaber, he activated it and threw it at the stricken Jedi. The blade

went through the Jedi’s right shoulder and deactivated when the pommel hit flesh. The Jedi arched his

back but didn’t cry out. Savoring the moment, the apprentice unhitched one of the other lightsaber

hilts from his belt, ignited it, too, and impaled the Jedi again. Over and over he stabbed the Jedi

Knight until there were no more hilts at his belt and the ground beneath his victim was stained deep

red.

Still the Jedi lived. A flicker of annoyance spoiled the moment, but then he remembered that there

was one more lightsaber he hadn’t used: the Jedi’s own. Snatching it to him, the apprentice ignited the

blade, drew his arm back, and stabbed the Jedi Knight through the heart.

That did the trick. The body dropped to the ground, inert, and the apprentice allowed himself to

stand properly on the soil. The dark side throbbed through him. He was the living embodiment of

power.

Tipping his masked head back, he crowed in triumph like a feral wolf cat.

“I never wanted this for you,” whispered a hollow voice out of the shadows.

He spun, lightsaber back in his hand and lit in less time than it took to think about it. Someone else

stood in the hut: a man with long dark hair and a Wookiee sash down his front. He looked at the body

of the Jedi Knight on the ground, grief and loss in his eyes.

The apprentice went to strike him down, but stopped, recognizing him as the man from two visions:

the father of the boy who had been taken and the man he had glimpsed over Nar Shaddaa.

“I never wanted any of this for you,” the man said. “I’m sorry, Galen.”

Rooted to the spot, the apprentice stared as the Jedi Knight turned to walk back into the shadows.

Vision or reality? Truth or fantasy? His mind felt as though it were turning as fast as a pulsar.

“Father, wait!” The voice burst out of him, unfiltered by hideous deformities or the strictures of the

mask. Suddenly he was the boy again, whole but alone, standing abandoned in the bloody hut. “Father,

no!”

- TFU Novel

In another vision, Galen fights against his Father(seems to be his young/prime self?) and the latter does pretty well.

If the Jedi surrounds himself in a protective Force sphere, back away to avoid his Repulse attack. Similarly, if he uses the Force to lock on to a TIE Fighter flying overhead, back away immediately to avoid being crushed by it.

- TFU Guide

Is strong enough in The Force to use Force Repulse as well as target, grab and toss flying TIE Fighters.

Specific Accolades

Being a Jedi does not guarantee one's ability to rematerialize, and it is only assumed that the transition cannot be achieved accidently, but rather by some deliberate effort or knowledge.

"For now, I can only assume that the survival of a Jedi's consciousness beyond death may have something to do with training, as well as the will of The Force, or with the individual's openness to the Force"

- Luke Skywalker, Jedi v Sith: Essential Guide to The Force

Now it's probably a mix for Kento, since he couldn't have appeared to his son accidently. So he most likely learned of how to be a Force Ghost when he died and was open to The Force.

Jedi Masters have reached the top of their craft within the Jedi Order. A deep understanding of The Force is a must, for a Jedi Master is able to unlock powerful secrets that few Jedi even dream of comprehending. It is not a journey made quickly, and few Jedi survive long enough to complete it.

- Taken from Threats of the Galaxy.

As a Jedi Master, Kento has a deep understanding of The Force and knows powerful secrets. This probably falls inline with how he was able to become a Force Ghost later after his death.

General Scaling/Accolades

Jedi Knight RT

^ Since Kento is a Jedi Master, he benefits from the scaling/feats that are provided with the general Jedi Knight/Master.

=========

So there you have it folks. Galen Marek's father!

Last edited by Zenwolf on January 21st 2021, 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! Empty Re: Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread!

January 21st 2021, 9:00 pm
great thread Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! 3344068304
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! Empty Re: Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread!

January 21st 2021, 9:06 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:great thread Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! 3344068304

Thanks!
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 21st 2021, 10:34 pm
Zenwolf carrying SW community
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 21st 2021, 10:36 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Zenwolf carrying SW community

I mean, I dunno about that. But thanks!
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

January 21st 2021, 11:50 pm
Quality RT. Good work. Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! 1289255181
Primarch
Primarch

January 22nd 2021, 5:31 am
How do you know that he was a force ghost and not just an illusion? Either way solid RT.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 22nd 2021, 3:25 pm
KingKopecz wrote:How do you know that he was a force ghost and not just an illusion? Either way solid RT.

Thanks. Also it being an illusion seems iffy, I don’t see how Galen could have an illusion of someone he doesn’t even remember.
Primarch
Primarch

January 22nd 2021, 4:06 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
KingKopecz wrote:How do you know that he was a force ghost and not just an illusion? Either way solid RT.

Thanks. Also it being an illusion seems iffy, I don’t see how Galen could have an illusion of someone he doesn’t even remember.
Well it's quite common for force users to have visions of a future or past event.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 22nd 2021, 5:38 pm
KingKopecz wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

Well it's quite common for force users to have visions of a future or past event.

Well yes, but that wasn’t really an event he was seeing, well I guess perhaps the novel he was seeing a potential future of himself, but game wise it seems more Force Ghostish.
Primarch
Primarch

January 24th 2021, 5:36 pm
Zenwolf wrote:Well yes, but that wasn’t really an event he was seeing, well I guess perhaps the novel he was seeing a potential future of himself, but game wise it seems more Force Ghostish.
Fortunately we have an answer as to which one is the true event.
Kento Marek(Legends) respect thread! Tfu_no11
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum