Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Maul, Vader and Kenobi V Arcann and Revan - Page 4 Empty Re: Maul, Vader and Kenobi V Arcann and Revan

July 14th 2019, 10:05 am
Non Force sensitives can only receive a moral boost. Revan’s power is non existent. Still factually above Kun of course
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Maul, Vader and Kenobi V Arcann and Revan - Page 4 Empty Re: Maul, Vader and Kenobi V Arcann and Revan

July 14th 2019, 2:08 pm
Gᴏᴀᴛ wrote:Curry ragdolling
as usual
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

July 14th 2019, 3:11 pm
Dude. Wtf just happened? Curry made a valid point without the eggplant emoji and without trolling.

I now change my tiering list

1 curry
2 gideon
3 the rest of the infidels
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

July 14th 2019, 4:13 pm
Every point I’ve ever made is valid lol are you a Eugene or something?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

July 14th 2019, 9:15 pm
Ffs curry. I'm trying to hype you up and piss off AP doesn't work if I explain it tho...
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

July 14th 2019, 9:40 pm
Literally nothing you could attempt would piss me off. I'll leave you to commit seppuku, forthwith.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

July 14th 2019, 9:48 pm
Lol, one quote. You may act tough, but there is one quote that can shatter your hopes and dreams, one quote that will never cease to exist, one quote (not forged by you) that is so wankworthy, so godly, that you will falk to your knees in despair. 

Don't make me post it
AncientPower
AncientPower

July 14th 2019, 9:50 pm
You mean the argument that four infinitely superior debaters to yourself couldn't win? That's funny.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

July 14th 2019, 9:54 pm
Who?

The infidels?

Only guy > me is gideon

Last edited by Flunky Cyborg on July 14th 2019, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marc Spector
Marc Spector

July 17th 2019, 7:31 pm
Darth Vader could defeat either Revan or Arcann on his own in a 1v1. Kenobi and Maul could defeat either Revan or Arcann on their own in a 2v1.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

July 17th 2019, 8:34 pm
Marc Spector wrote:Darth Vader could defeat either Revan or Arcann on his own in a 1v1. Kenobi and Maul could defeat either Revan or Arcann on their own in a 2v1.
Lol. Vader is sub RotS Kenobi. He isn't soloing revan or Arcann
Marc Spector
Marc Spector

July 17th 2019, 9:07 pm
I heavily disagree
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

July 17th 2019, 9:41 pm
“Teacher and pupil engaged in a savage but evenly matched lightsaber battle.” (Source: Star Wars The Essential Guide to Characters)

“Although Obi-Wan is still a match for Darth Vader, he allows himself to be killed in the duel, giving Luke and the Rebels precious time to escape.” (Source: Star Wars Mysteries of the Jedi)

“Darth Vader is the preeminent lightsaber master in the galaxy, now that Obi-Wan Kenobi has been destroyed.” (Source: Star Wars Lightsaber Dueling Pack - Darth Vader)

"The idea of Vader using telekinetic powers during his fight with Luke was created during story meetings. There was concern, however, that the audience might think back to the first film and wonder why Vader didn't use all his powers on Ben; but this was easily explained by the fact that Ben was probably stronger than Vader.George Lucas and Leigh Brackett also discussed the different levels of the Force; maybe Ben was a six, Vader was a four, Luke is now at level two."

Source: Star Wars The Annotated Screenplays

These sources on the matter make it pretty clear Vader was at best equal to Ben Kenobi and at worst noticeably inferior. Coupled with the fact that RotS Kenobi is >/=Ben Kenobi, its clear that RotS Kenobi>/=Vader
Marc Spector
Marc Spector

July 17th 2019, 9:55 pm
I appreciate you putting in the effort and research. I respect that and thank you, but those are all statements, are they not? Statements don't mean anything unless they are backed by consistent feats and showings. Unless we can sPeCuLaTe that Ben Kenobi some how became stronger on Tatooine. Hey, I think I'm going to sleep now, so I will have to reply to you tomorrow morning. Good night King. ✊
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

July 17th 2019, 10:01 pm
The statements are out of universe, therefore they are binding. One of the quotes show's Lucas's view of the matter. Also are you aware of the concept of scaling?
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

July 17th 2019, 11:16 pm
Bro Marc uses ‘King’ too, papa bless.
blackymarket
blackymarket

Maul, Vader and Kenobi V Arcann and Revan - Page 4 Empty RE: Maul, Vader, Kenobi vs Arcann and Revan

July 19th 2019, 1:30 am
Obi-Wan will get taken out pretty quickly with him getting ragdolled by Arcann or Revan Reborn. Revan can likely hold off Vader and Maul at the same time given he did the same against duelists and Force users that surpassed Maul and can challenge Vader (Wrath, Nox, Barsen'Thor, HoT, Satele Shan, Darth Marr, Lana Beniko). If Vader tries to use telekinesis against Revan or Arcann the ladder will give him a big fight but I don't see them getting ragdolled like Kenobi. Though I see Maul getting struck down next either by getting ragdolled by Revan or Arcann after a long duel, or by superior blade work. Leaving Vader alone and as we can see from both Revan and Arcann, Revan was able to absorb and direct Lightning that turned people to ash while Arcann destroyed HK-55 with Force Lightning. Even with his cybernetics enhanced mostly due to Galen using Lightning on him, I don't see him tanking 2 powerful Lightning bolts given that Vader was subdued by an enraged Starkiller with Lightning.

Team 2 wins in a good fight 6-7/10
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

July 20th 2019, 1:48 pm
The screenplay argument is cringe
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 25th 2019, 1:41 pm
It's also true.

OT - Team 2 low diff, there can be an argument for Revan soloing, but it's a bad one.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 25th 2019, 1:42 pm
Team 2.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 25th 2019, 1:50 pm
“Teacher and pupil engaged in a savage but evenly matched lightsaber battle.” (Source: Star Wars The Essential Guide to Characters)

“Although Obi-Wan is still a match for Darth Vader, he allows himself to be killed in the duel, giving Luke and the Rebels precious time to escape.” (Source: Star Wars Mysteries of the Jedi)

“Darth Vader is the preeminent lightsaber master in the galaxy, now that Obi-Wan Kenobi has been destroyed.” (Source: Star Wars Lightsaber Dueling Pack - Darth Vader)

All contradicted by the screenplay, novel and movie, lol. 

"The idea of Vader using telekinetic powers during his fight with Luke was created during story meetings. There was concern, however, that the audience might think back to the first film and wonder why Vader didn't use all his powers on Ben; but this was easily explained by the fact that Ben was probably stronger than Vader.George Lucas and Leigh Brackett also discussed the different levels of the Force; maybe Ben was a six, Vader was a four, Luke is now at level two."

Source: Star Wars The Annotated Screenplays

It's almost as though the "maybe" bit doesn't matter and it's not an official statement, but oh well. One unofficial "maybe" piece of G-Canon > 3 others, apparently.

OT: Team 1. Arcann or Vader are the most powerful here but team 1 is superior in lightsaber skill and, assuming this is Mustafar Kenobi, are comparably powerful. If it's not, team 2 wins.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 25th 2019, 1:55 pm
@blackymarket 
Obi-Wan will get taken out pretty quickly with him getting ragdolled by Arcann or Revan Reborn.

Not if it's Mustafar Kenobi, he isn't.

Revan can likely hold off Vader and Maul at the same time given he did the same against duelists and Force users that surpassed Maul and can challenge Vader (Wrath, Nox, Barsen'Thor, HoT, Satele Shan, Darth Marr, Lana Beniko).

Much more powerful version of Revan, and they're not more skilled. Lana is also nowhere near Vader in power, let alone skill. Her best combat feat is holding her own against Senya, who as a Soresu practitioner makes it difficult to judge who was winning. 

If Vader tries to use telekinesis against Revan or Arcann the ladder will give him a big fight but I don't see them getting ragdolled like Kenobi. 

Arcann and Vader are pretty comparable in terms of raw power, so agreed. Revan lags behind but yeah he's not getting ragdolled.

Though I see Maul getting struck down next either by getting ragdolled by Revan or Arcann after a long duel, or by superior blade work.

The only character here who's arguably superior to Maul in sabers is Arcann, who I think is definitely above Maul and probably Vader too in sabers.

Leaving Vader alone and as we can see from both Revan and Arcann, Revan was able to absorb and direct Lightning that turned people to ash while Arcann destroyed HK-55 with Force Lightning. Even with his cybernetics enhanced mostly due to Galen using Lightning on him, I don't see him tanking 2 powerful Lightning bolts given that Vader was subdued by an enraged Starkiller with Lightning.

To be fair to Vader, he didn't have his saber or there was a chink in his defences when he was hit by lightning, but agreed. The iteration of Kenobi is what'll decide this battle.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 25th 2019, 2:25 pm
@BreakofDawn
Name a feat of Vader's that couldn't be replicated by Exar Kun let alone Revan Reborn.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 25th 2019, 2:48 pm
KingofBlades wrote:@BreakofDawn
Name a feat of Vader's that couldn't be replicated by Exar Kun let alone Revan Reborn.
Multi-system level TP.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

September 25th 2019, 2:50 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:
KingofBlades wrote:@BreakofDawn
Multi-system level TP.

??? 

Revan's already done that multiple times. And when has Vader done this not in his meditation chamber?

All contradicted by the screenplay, novel and movie, lol.

??? ???

Arcann and Vader are pretty comparable in terms of raw power, so agreed. Revan lags behind but yeah he's not getting ragdolled.

??? ??? ???

[hideedit]

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on September 25th 2019, 2:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum