Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 Empty Re: Plagueis vs Starkiller

August 1st 2019, 11:56 pm
Nah like, Plagueis is a 9.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

August 2nd 2019, 12:00 am
Uh... yeah can't say bud.

He's not THAT good tho in raw power, with HAXX hes good, but not elemental fury
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 12:04 am
Meatpants wrote:Nah like, Plagueis is a 9.

Honestly disagreed he's a 9 (I don't think there's a lot of evidence suggesting he's on par with the ROTS titans). Also, what leads you to believe SK isn't a 9 as well?
MP

August 2nd 2019, 12:38 am
Make your opener and find out.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

August 2nd 2019, 1:20 am
Meatpants wrote:Make your opener and find out.

I've talked to Curry too and I agree Plaguies is a Titan, but Galen really has a powerset that evens this out, Plaguies somewhat plays into Galen's hands. He meets raw power with raw power, he's pretty blunt when it comes to basic tactics. Starkiller is much closer to him on that playing field is my main point
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

August 2nd 2019, 7:09 am
Flunky Cyborg wrote:Uh... yeah can't say bud.

He's not THAT good tho in raw power, with HAXX hes good, but not elemental fury.

Supported by nothing, Plagueis is just as viable with conventional abilities as he is with MM. Plagueis loses to Palpatine for reasons specific to their relationship; this does not automatically mean he would lose to Yoda or anyone else of that caliber just by being sub Palpatine

In other words ISV, you’re being a monkey
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:22 am
MP really needs to do the world a favour and lose his smug overconfidence.
MP

August 2nd 2019, 8:24 am
The IRONY
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:30 am
I'm not the one who appears on Discord every day with no purpose other than boasting about all the CAV's I'm gonna win.

Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 3363707401
MP

August 2nd 2019, 8:40 am
Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 1019854026 Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 1019854026 Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 1019854026 Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 1019854026 Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 39523600
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 2nd 2019, 8:46 am
@DC77 (Reborn) @Meatpants Keep it cool, guys
Fiona Glenanne
Fiona Glenanne

August 2nd 2019, 2:35 pm
What makes you think Plagueis's knowledge and mastery can compensate for the power disparity?

That's assuming there is any power disparity in Starkilleres favor from the get-go.

I mean 'Killers showings are more flamboyant given what was intended in medium, but Plagueis power showings are displayed in more subtle -- behind the curtain ways. While Starkiller' claim to fame regarding showings are mostly bombastic showings against inanimate objects; Plagueis showings are less destructive and more finesse and wide-spread -- E.I. telepathically touching all life in the galaxy and dominating the very communicators of the energy field itself in Midichlorians. Plagueis showings are just as titanic displays of the Force, if not more-so, just not in the ways we are used to seeing on the Battle Forum.

That's not to say Plagueis lacks in-your-face power showings himself. He vastly scales over Sith like Bane who has collapsed temples, and he himself has virtually atomizing armored assassins while sporting half a face and a failing heart.

NotAA3 wrote: And what do you think Plagueis has that Galen doesn't have an answer for?

MM.  If he was able to use to to resist Palpatine's lightning wih i [he died because strangulation via lack of air, not the usual life draining/thermal destructive properties of Force Lighting] while skunk drunk and a Sidious, who was quoted as drawing more deeply on the dark side than he ever had --   meaning even more than he did during his meditative/riitual trances while Force unbalancing act years ago with Plagueis. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to use it to his advantage here, ala  Wolverine style healing factor against anything 'Killer throws at him on. On the flip side, if Plagueis is able to do that to defend himself - I don't exactly see what's stopping Plagueis from achieving something similar offensively -- slowly, but effectively killing Galen's Midichlorians off mid-combat.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:30 pm
@Azronger It's just banter lmfao.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 2nd 2019, 8:38 pm
@Fiona Glenanne

That's assuming there is any power disparity in Starkilleres favor from the get-go.

Your claim in your first post was:

Plagueis far superior mastery and knowledge of the Force, is enough to overcome 'Killers bombastic capabilities.

The fact that you bothered to mention Plagueis's mastery and knowledge as his primary edge indicates to me that you don't believe his raw power eclipses Starkiller's.

I mean 'Killers showings are more flamboyant given what was intended in medium, but Plagueis power showings are displayed in more subtle -- behind the curtain ways. While Starkiller' claim to fame regarding showings are mostly bombastic showings against inanimate objects; Plagueis showings are less destructive and more finesse and wide-spread -- E.I. telepathically touching all life in the galaxy and dominating the very communicators of the energy field itself in Midichlorians. Plagueis showings are just as titanic displays of the Force, if not more-so, just not in the ways we are used to seeing on the Battle Forum.

1. Citation needed for Plagueis "telepathically touching all life in the galaxy".

2. "Dominating the very communicators of the energy field itself in Midichlorians" is nice and all but it's more of a display of mastery than power imo and is difficult to directly compare to anything SK has done. It's not very quantifiable in relation to other characters (given that no other character has really experimented with Midichlorians) and doesn't really lead me to believe Plagueis is comparable to SK combatively speaking.

That's not to say Plagueis lacks in-your-face power showings himself. He vastly scales over Sith like Bane who has collapsed temples, and he himself has virtually atomizing armored assassins while sporting half a face and a failing heart.

1. The disparity between Bane and Plagueis isn't really quantifiable though it's obviously large. That being said Bane's feat isn't really comparable to SK:

A) Atomising the Salvation.
B) Destroying an army of Starkiller clones who could have easily overpowered Darth Vader.

Note that:

-Feat A caused SK to use up the vast majority of his Force Reserves.
-Feat B happened shortly after Feat A meaning Starkiller was heavily weakened while performing it.
-After both feats, Galen still had enough Force reserves left to fight Darth Vader and win.

2. While the assassins feat is obviously impressive it isn't comparable to the above tbh.

I'll address the MM section in my next post if you choose to respond cause I'm exhausted right now and can't really be bothered to finish this reply.

Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

August 4th 2019, 3:41 pm
Plagueis easy
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 4th 2019, 6:36 pm
Seeker wrote:Plagueis easy

Reasons?
MP

August 4th 2019, 6:36 pm
Seeker wrote:Plagueis easy
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 4th 2019, 6:55 pm
Nothing of substance has been provided from the Plagueis brigade which leads me to believe my original assertion was correct, that Plagueis has nothing on the level of Starkiller as far as pure feats are concerned.
MP

August 4th 2019, 7:02 pm
Foolish child
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 4th 2019, 7:29 pm
Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 2829155256

Given this "Foolish child" is going to slap you in a debate I'd be less condescending.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 4th 2019, 7:34 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Nothing of substance has been provided from the Plagueis brigade which leads me to believe my original assertion was correct, that Plagueis has nothing on the level of Starkiller as far as pure feats are concerned.

Plagueis vs Starkiller - Page 5 1289255181

Still yet to see any compelling arguments from team Plagueis.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

August 4th 2019, 9:34 pm
Plagueis causes 'Starkillers Midichlorians to die off, or tools him in CQC.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum