Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gianfi
Gianfi

Karbin vs Quinlan Vos Empty Karbin vs Quinlan Vos

August 4th 2020, 3:42 pm
Canon version for Vos

Sabers
All-out
Geistalt
Geistalt

Karbin vs Quinlan Vos Empty Re: Karbin vs Quinlan Vos

August 4th 2020, 3:51 pm
Who's Karbin
Gianfi
Gianfi

August 4th 2020, 3:55 pm
A warrior trained to replace Darth Vader in 0 BBY by Sidious. The two of them fought and Vader won with the help of Doctor Aphra 
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Karbin
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

August 4th 2020, 4:30 pm
Gianfi, do you prefer Canon Vos over EU Vos?
Gianfi
Gianfi

August 4th 2020, 5:00 pm
Personality wise EU Vos is better
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

August 4th 2020, 5:38 pm
Extreme thumbs up emoji
Caelus Pall
Caelus Pall

August 5th 2020, 9:48 am
Vos. Karbin was a pale imitation of Grievous.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

August 5th 2020, 8:44 pm
Caelus Pall wrote:Vos. Karbin was a pale imitation of Grievous.
I wouldn't call him a "pale imitation." He was the next step, technologically speaking. More advanced in every way, supposedly. In a purely physical contest, Karbin should have a noticeable edge over Grievous. 

The disparity between the two comes when factoring in skill. Grievous had more time training in his body, and fought against a higher number of highly skilled opponents. But with that said, Karbin was also no slouch. Karbin's performance against Canon Vader is at least as as impressive as any dueling feat Canon Grievous has. 

With all that out of the way, though, I still think Vos takes it. DD Vos was able to basically blitz Grievous, and was a serious competitor for Dooku. Vos would have a lot more trouble than Vader did, but I just don't see him losing to Karbin.
Caelus Pall
Caelus Pall

August 6th 2020, 10:02 am
@Underachiever599 I disagree that the disparity comes down to skill. Grievous was built with limits in mind. He was never going to replace Dooku or Anakin as Palpatine's apprentice, unlike Karbin who was trained for two years with the specific goal of replacing Vader. With that in mind, I fail to see how Karbin's performance against Vader is as impressive as anything Grievous did. Karbin had a (somewhat) superior body and was deemed to have the skills needed to take down Vader, yet the only thing of note he did during the duel was land a cheapshot on Vader when he was distracted. Vader was able to duel him while simultaneously talking to Doctor Aphra, and in the end did not consider Karbin "a fight worthy of my time."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum