Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

ROTS Dooku Vs ROTS Mace - Page 2 Empty Re: ROTS Dooku Vs ROTS Mace

May 15th 2019, 6:55 pm
Dooku > Mace until 19 BBY. Ant convinced me.

Dooku's age would be a deciding factor as well as Mace's skill approaching Yoda's at that point.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

May 15th 2019, 7:01 pm
The skill thing isn't as huge an issue honestly. If there's any difference between Yoda, Dooku and Windu in technical skill, it's quite marginal. The fight comes down to power and augmentation. Although Dooku is potentially going to burn out relatively faster, he also has the advantage of decades more experience than Mace. Not necessarily arguing for Dooku though. I find the matchup a lot more complicated than "muh Windu ~ Yoda quotes" though.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 15th 2019, 8:04 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:Dooku > Mace until 19 BBY. Ant convinced me.

Dooku's age would be a deciding factor as well as Mace's skill approaching Yoda's at that point.
A shame since I totally don’t hold that POV anymore, lol.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

May 15th 2019, 9:06 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Wut is your POV then?
trayvon
trayvon

May 16th 2019, 6:02 am
Dooku sends Grievous or Asajj to clean up, he has better things to do.
The Witness
The Witness

May 16th 2019, 8:49 am
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Wut is your POV then?
I can't speak for @Darthant66 but I think he has Windu above Dooku in general (ROTS or not)
The Witness
The Witness

May 16th 2019, 8:52 am
Also what is it with this thing about Darthant? Everyone brings him up all the time.
All this "Ant debunked this arguement" or "Ant convinced me that X would beat Y in a fight".
What's next? "Ant convinced me that Jar Jar is a sith lord and can stomp Sidious, Abeloth and Luke at the same time".
Is he the god of debating or something?
trayvon
trayvon

May 16th 2019, 9:29 am
ROTS Dooku Vs ROTS Mace - Page 2 1076326320 My man, big up.
trayvon
trayvon

May 16th 2019, 9:31 am
Ant's decided, lock thread.
The Witness
The Witness

May 16th 2019, 12:31 pm
Ant debunked that Mace's dick is bigger than Dooku's.
Dooku stomps
MP

ROTS Dooku Vs ROTS Mace - Page 2 Empty RotS Dooku vs Rots Windu

June 10th 2019, 7:42 pm
Go
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

June 10th 2019, 7:44 pm
Ends in sex.
MP

June 10th 2019, 7:45 pm
I like your style AP

BBC destroys old ass [Amateur]
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 10th 2019, 9:17 pm
Windu, solidly, though not easily.
The Witness
The Witness

June 11th 2019, 1:46 am
Mace easily
MP

June 11th 2019, 6:42 am
@Sam are you saying Mace wins easily, or that he’s easily the winner in the mactchup?
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 11th 2019, 9:56 am
Mace in his normal mindset can go either way. Mace fighting without Jedi restraint wins convincingly and every time.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 11th 2019, 11:51 am
Arguing Mace wins easily is one of the most asinine stances possible. Anyway, Windu wins yeah.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 11th 2019, 12:29 pm
Pretty sure I already made this thread.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 11th 2019, 12:35 pm
OT-Mace.
MP

June 11th 2019, 12:43 pm
What arguments can be given for Mace outside of Lucas/Gillard and his Yoda accolades?
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 11th 2019, 2:01 pm
MP wrote:What arguments can be given for Mace outside of Lucas/Gillard and his Yoda accolades?

In his normal mindset he's humbled Ventress 3 months ABG with the same efficiency Dooku did to her 1-2 month ABG. He also beat Grievous in a relatively short time come RotS. Not quite as efficiently as Dooku did in his OCW spar but considering Mace went in cold without the advantage of knowing Grievous's style inside out(a major advantage he has over other Jedi who aren't used to his unorthodox methods) it evens out.

When he fights without Jedi restraint as when he did in his duel with Sidious, he's well Sidious tier. He may or may not "cut loose" just because he's facing Dooku but if he does he's screwed. If not he's still proven himself at least equal to Dooku based on his comparable performances against the same opponents.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 11th 2019, 3:23 pm
@Kilius

In his normal mindset he's humbled Ventress 3 months ABG with the same efficiency Dooku did to her 1-2 month ABG.

I wouldn't argue needing to use all of his skills to defeat her counts as defeating her with the same efficiency as Dooku given he casually ragdolled a more powerful version of Ventress.

He also beat Grievous in a relatively short time come RotS.

Mace noted that if the saber duel had continued it would have been prolonged and decided to BFR Grievous off the car with TK. That's not the same as Dooku utterly crushing Grievous in sabers.

Not quite as efficiently as Dooku did in his OCW spar but considering Mace went in cold without the advantage of knowing Grievous's style inside out(a major advantage he has over other Jedi who aren't used to his unorthodox methods) it evens out.

Grievous and his bodyguards are also vulnerable to predictability yet Mace using the most unpredictable style possible can't beat Grievous. Also, Dooku knowing Grievous's style in and out isn't relevant. For one Grievous should also know Dooku's style quite well and secondly, the episode makes it clear that Dooku isn't abusing his knowledge of Grievous's style but rather exploiting general openings that the general gives him e.g. he mentions Grievous holding his saber too loose and then too tight, etc.

Won't bother responding to the rest but yeah I mostly agree with the fact that if Mace cuts loose Dooku definitely dies.
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 11th 2019, 6:22 pm
The Cosmic Force wrote:@Kilius

In his normal mindset he's humbled Ventress 3 months ABG with the same efficiency Dooku did to her 1-2 month ABG.

I wouldn't argue needing to use all of his skills to defeat her counts as defeating her with the same efficiency as Dooku given he casually ragdolled a more powerful version of Ventress.

He also beat Grievous in a relatively short time come RotS.

Mace noted that if the saber duel had continued it would have been prolonged and decided to BFR Grievous off the car with TK. That's not the same as Dooku utterly crushing Grievous in sabers.

Not quite as efficiently as Dooku did in his OCW spar but considering Mace went in cold without the advantage of knowing Grievous's style inside out(a major advantage he has over other Jedi who aren't used to his unorthodox methods) it evens out.

Grievous and his bodyguards are also vulnerable to predictability yet Mace using the most unpredictable style possible can't beat Grievous. Also, Dooku knowing Grievous's style in and out isn't relevant. For one Grievous should also know Dooku's style quite well and secondly, the episode makes it clear that Dooku isn't abusing his knowledge of Grievous's style but rather exploiting general openings that the general gives him e.g. he mentions Grievous holding his saber too loose and then too tight, etc.

Won't bother responding to the rest but yeah I mostly agree with the fact that if Mace cuts loose Dooku definitely dies.
1. Dooku choked her when she wasn't expecting an attack. Y:DR takes place in 19 BBY going by The Essential Readers Companion and Season 4 Ventress gave Dooku a decent fight in 21 BBY and she's at best equal in power to Y:DR Ventress. Dooku choking her with her guard down isn't any different than Sidious choking Dooku across the galaxy with his guard down and most don't think Sidious can casually dismiss him when prepared.
2. DMB debunked the quote a long time ago. Mace had her conceding defeat in just a few panels when he clearly stated his intentions to take her alive, which seriously calls into question he was seriously pressed into going all out.
3. In OCW Dooku beat him with little difficulty in a spar. In the same medium Mace one shot him when the General was in a battle ready stance. In LoE Dooku admitted Grievous hardpressed him at times in the their spars and in the same novel Mace beat him with moderate difficulty in short period of time. Across both mediums they both had either moderate or little difficulty. Either way their performances were comparable in each respective source.
4. Dooku knows everything about Grievous but Grievous doesn't know everything about Dooku. It's stated in LoE that Dooku kept some secrets to himself 'just in case' and despite this he's still challenged by him occasionally. It's one of those "I taught you everything you know but not everything I know" situations, absolutely one-sided in Dooku's favor.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 11th 2019, 6:26 pm
I'll respond tomorrow.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum