Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Canon: Vader vs Yoda Empty Canon: Vader vs Yoda

June 11th 2020, 7:10 pm
Canon only, both are at their peak.
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

Canon: Vader vs Yoda Empty Re: Canon: Vader vs Yoda

June 11th 2020, 7:12 pm
Yoda wins pretty solidly everytime.
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

June 11th 2020, 7:19 pm
Vader tbh
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

June 11th 2020, 8:05 pm
Vader, yeh
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

June 11th 2020, 8:52 pm
vader comes closer and almost i could say equal in force but on sabers stuff yoda still wins handily

Last edited by The lord of hunger on June 12th 2020, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
xmysticgohanx
xmysticgohanx

June 11th 2020, 9:56 pm
Canon Vader > Canon Palpatine > Canon Yoda
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 11th 2020, 10:10 pm
Yoda. Still no reason to think Vader was ever above ROTS Sidious unless you take that in-universe FO accolade regarding Vader - when even Spec. Ops forces in the Empire didn’t know the Emperor had the Force - literally.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

June 12th 2020, 1:10 am
Pretty sure Canon RotS Sidious is greater than Canon RotS Yoda. More sources point to his superiority over Yoda, rather than the two being equals, iirc. That said, Yoda is still pretty close to Sidious as of RotS.

However, Sidious grew substantially post-RotS, if I'm not mistaken. I believe Tarkin, Lords of the Sith, and Thrawn Ascendancy (to name a few) all indicate Palpatine's continued growth. And while Vader is weaker than Sidious, I don't believe it's by a very large degree in Canon. 

Given Vader is still close in power to a much stronger version of Sidious than the version Yoda has minor inferiority to, I'd say Vader might actually have the power advantage over Yoda. This is backed up by Vader's superior feats. 

That said, I think Yoda would have a pretty big advantage as a duelist, due to his small size and insane agility. Vader would have trouble leveraging his strength advantage against an opponent as mobile as Yoda.

In the end, I think this is a pretty close match up, but I'd have to favor Yoda. Vader and Yoda are close enough in the Force that I don't see either being able to ragdoll the other. But Yoda's specific fighting style and small stature make him pretty well-suited to dealing with a relatively cumbersome, power-focused duelist like Vader.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

June 12th 2020, 2:01 am
I don't recall Vader performing/replicating Yoda's mountain feat and I don't think Yoda would lose to Chewbacca
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

June 12th 2020, 11:35 am
Canon: Vader vs Yoda 39523600
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

June 12th 2020, 7:35 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:I don't recall Vader performing/replicating Yoda's mountain feat and I don't think Yoda would lose to Chewbacca
Yoda's mountain feat is a TP showing, not a TK showing. And Vader replicated it when he used TP to have Cylo's cyborg spacewhale jump into a sun. Both have used TP to dominate Kaiju-sized creatures. 

Vader only "lost" to Chewie after being hit by an EMP. His suit was pretty much non-functional during all of that, which meant his main focus would have been on simply keeping himself alive and moving his body with TK.
Gianfi
Gianfi

June 13th 2020, 2:19 am
Yoda wins by feats
Galan007
Galan007

June 13th 2020, 7:58 am
Underachiever599 wrote:Yoda's mountain feat is a TP showing, not a TK showing. And Vader replicated it when he used TP to have Cylo's cyborg spacewhale jump into a sun. Both have used TP to dominate Kaiju-sized creatures. 

Vader only "lost" to Chewie after being hit by an EMP. His suit was pretty much non-functional during all of that, which meant his main focus would have been on simply keeping himself alive and moving his body with TK.

Aside from that, the implication is that it was also a sort of 'oneness' moment for Yoda:
https://i.imgur.com/0NuoR9G.jpg

But even IF taken at face value, it is still a massive outlier that is certainly not indicative of Yoda's 'average', imo. A guy who can legitimately move mountains whenever he feels like it wouldn't be bothered by Senate pods.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 13th 2020, 11:53 am
And while Vader is weaker than Sidious, I don't believe it's by a very large degree in Canon. 

Given Vader is still close in power to a much stronger version of Sidious than the version Yoda has minor inferiority to, I'd say Vader might actually have the power advantage over Yoda. This is backed up by Vader's superior feats. 

@Underachiever599 Mind elaborating on this? I agree that Vader has better feats, but I don't see why he's particularly close to Sheev. He can still be a threat to Sheev and out of his stomp/ragdoll range like Dooku or Maul and still be considerably weaker than him.
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

June 14th 2020, 5:16 am
From a sort of "eyeballing" standpoint, I doubt that they'd have Yoda struggle against Ahsoka.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

June 14th 2020, 5:25 am
The Ellimist wrote:From a sort of "eyeballing" standpoint, I doubt that they'd have Yoda struggle against Ahsoka.

@The Ellimist If Filoni thinks Ahsoka is a top 3 duelist and she can match Sidious blow for blow. It's highly plausible she could put up a fight against Yoda
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 14th 2020, 6:50 am
@SithSauce:

and she can match Sidious blow for blow.

That's not what he said. He said it's within Sidious's capabilities to match her blow for blow, which doesn't preclude him from also being able to do much better than that. This misconception needs to die.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 14th 2020, 7:50 pm
Not to mention we literally have Sheev quite easily overwhelming Ezra and Ahsoka in the Force after about 6 seconds while pissing himself lauging.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum