Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Canon Luke Skywalker ( RoTJ )  Vs Canon ESB Vader  Empty Canon Luke Skywalker ( RoTJ ) Vs Canon ESB Vader

January 27th 2020, 9:31 am
Stip: Morals are OFF For Luke, Morals are ON for Vader. 
Distance apart: 35 Meters 
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Canon Luke Skywalker ( RoTJ )  Vs Canon ESB Vader  Empty Re: Canon Luke Skywalker ( RoTJ ) Vs Canon ESB Vader

January 27th 2020, 9:40 am
morals on for vader and he loses lol we've seen that already hahaah
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Canon Luke Skywalker ( RoTJ )  Vs Canon ESB Vader  Empty Re: Canon Luke Skywalker ( RoTJ ) Vs Canon ESB Vader

January 27th 2020, 9:44 am
What...? 

Luke already won...
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

January 27th 2020, 9:47 am
IG (Exists) wrote:What...? 

Luke already won...
Vader is > his ROTJ self, per the ESB novel that notes him being at  the height of his powers. 
While we dont know how much, i thought it was worth looking at if you feel vader fully surpassed his fathers prime as of ROTJ.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

January 27th 2020, 5:01 pm
Jedi_Jesus wrote:

Luke already won...
Vader is > his ROTJ self, per the ESB novel that notes him being at  the height of his powers. 
While we dont know how much, i thought it was worth looking at if you feel vader fully surpassed his fathers prime as of ROTJ.
I think you've misunderstood the ESB novel. Vader was at the height of his powers, compared to any point prior in his life. That doesn't mean his powers were going to decline after that point. the RotJ novel confirms RotJ is his prime, with Vader feeling more powerful than ever while in the presence of Sidious. On top of that, Shadows of the Empire displays Vader clearly continuing to grow in ability.

RotJ Vader > ESB Vader > Any other point in Vader's life.

With all that said, Luke has an easier time here than he did in the movie, especially with morals being off.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

February 2nd 2020, 11:17 pm
I have a question: did Vader hold back in canon? I know he didn’t in Legends but Disney seems to hate Luke (watch TLJ) and wants to make him as weak as possible.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

February 3rd 2020, 12:29 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:I have a question: did Vader hold back in canon? I know he didn’t in Legends but Disney seems to hate Luke (watch TLJ) and wants to make him as weak as possible.
We have no evidence that he held back in Canon. No source I know of (and I primarily own Canon sources, not Legends ones) make mention of Vader holding back. And Beware the Power of the Dark Side! seems to imply Vader was actually fighting above his normal ability, drawing "additional strength" from his fear of Luke during the final bout of the duel. At best, an argument could be made that Vader was mildly hindered from his internal conflict, but depending on your interpretation of Beware the Power of the Dark Side! Vader may have been able to block out the conflict using the dark side. This would let him avoid being hindered the way Kylo Ren was hindered in TFA.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 3rd 2020, 8:13 am
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:I have a question: did Vader hold back in canon? I know he didn’t in Legends but Disney seems to hate Luke (watch TLJ) and wants to make him as weak as possible.
Canon: No.
Legends: Yes and no.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

February 3rd 2020, 11:34 am
Jedi_Jesus wrote:

Luke already won...

Can you give me the quote for where that’s stated?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum