Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Yoda Empty Darth Caedus vs Yoda

June 8th 2020, 4:23 pm
1.Sabers
2.Force
3.All-out

Who wins?
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Yoda Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Yoda

June 8th 2020, 5:00 pm
Caedus all
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

June 8th 2020, 5:35 pm
Yoda quite solidly
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 8th 2020, 5:37 pm
Yoda.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 8th 2020, 9:02 pm
Yoda. Mismatch.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

June 8th 2020, 9:05 pm
Yoda obviously
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

June 8th 2020, 9:33 pm
Dolph wrote:Caedus all

care to explain that without posting Elm's arguments?
Thrawn
Thrawn

June 8th 2020, 11:07 pm
Yoda easily takes all three. Darth Caedus couldn't even take Obi Wan, let alone Yoda.

Aside from how powerful and skilled Caedus actually is in the force, if you don't pay close attention to the series, there's a meta joke.
The Legacy of the Force series continually makes the point that Caedus was a wannabe Vader who did not command the fear, respect, or awe that Vader inspired in those around him.

The author interviews surrounding the series in the lead up to each book's release were fun sources of information.

Jacen was Kylo Ren before Kylo Ren was a thing.

Jacen just barely survives Mara Jade by a literal last second "Hail Mary" miracle. He loses to Luke - rather badly I might add - and is only saved by the fact that there were 3 more books in the series. He gets punked by the Mandalorians and runs away, and he gets upstaged by his own cape at one point.

The authors (It may have mostly been Troy Denning upon further reflection) were forced to give a few impressive showing in the later books to keep him somewhat credible for the final showdown with Jaina.

I find Caedus over hyped. He is powerful and skilled, but that doesn't translate to results automatically. Like I said, there's some subtext in the series about how unimpressive he when trying to imitate his grandfather. I don't think a lot of readers are quite in on the joke.

I haven't read them in years - and I was in my very late 20s/early 30s when I read them - but I remember being quite entertained at how much Caedus gets constantly humiliated in the series.

------------

There's no version of Caedus or Jacen that can take Yoda in any Force or combat contest. Caedus constantly overestimated his own abilities and underestimated his enemies.

Yoda has no such ego.

-----------

Darth Caedus is also not helped by the inconsistent tone and direction the Legacy of the Force series had. It's actually a precursor to the Disney Sequel Trilogy in several ways - which make the Kylo Ren comparision somewhat noteworthy.

None of the authors were on the same page, and the conclusion of the series was never set in stone. It was like JJ and Rian Johnson. Karen Travis would have the Mando's humiliate Caedus, then Denning would have Caedus beat a group of Mandos. Then Allston would put his favorite stuff in the next book at the expense of what the previous author wrote, and so on until the end of the series. Each author heavily favored certain characters to the point that you were almost reading 3 separate series.

It's quite funny actually.
Lord Eon
Lord Eon

June 9th 2020, 5:00 am
Yoda
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum