Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

DE Luke and Caedus vs Yoda and Dooku Empty DE Luke and Caedus vs Yoda and Dooku

March 19th 2020, 4:51 pm
Prime versions unless specified
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

DE Luke and Caedus vs Yoda and Dooku Empty Re: DE Luke and Caedus vs Yoda and Dooku

March 19th 2020, 4:53 pm
Team 1 destroys
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

DE Luke and Caedus vs Yoda and Dooku Empty Re: DE Luke and Caedus vs Yoda and Dooku

March 19th 2020, 4:56 pm
Each on team 1 is a match for the one on two. I'll tentatively say 2, because Caedus has esoteric bullshit.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

March 19th 2020, 5:06 pm
IG wrote:Each on team 1 is a match for the one on two. I'll tentatively say 2, because Caedus has esoteric bullshit.
Yoda is definitely not a match for Luke:

Filled with Dark Side power, the reborn Emperor engages Luke in a ferocious lightsaber duel -- and wins. Triumphant over his greatest adversary, the young Emperor vows to find Leia -- and the Holocron -- and crush the Rebellion once and for all!

He is triumphant over his greatest adversary. This quote is not time-specific and applies to Yoda. This effectively puts Luke above the Yoda, and this is only Mid-DE, so he obviously grows immensely from here on out, until the end of DE.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 19th 2020, 5:10 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
IG wrote:Each on team 1 is a match for the one on two. I'll tentatively say 2, because Caedus has esoteric bullshit.
Yoda is definitely not a match for Luke:

Filled with Dark Side power, the reborn Emperor engages Luke in a ferocious lightsaber duel -- and wins. Triumphant over his greatest adversary, the young Emperor vows to find Leia -- and the Holocron -- and crush the Rebellion once and for all!

He is triumphant over his greatest adversary. This quote is not time-specific and applies to Yoda. This effectively puts Luke above the Yoda, and this is only Mid-DE, so he obviously grows immensely from here on out, until the end of DE.
Yoda's vastly greater experience plus skill makes him a better match for Luke here.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

March 19th 2020, 5:17 pm
@IG: Based on?

Even if that were the case, being the Emperor's "greatest adversary" means that he is > Yoda no matter how you slice it. Yoda's alleged "greater experience and skills" still don't mitigate the advantage Luke has.

Last edited by EmperorCaedus on March 19th 2020, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 19th 2020, 5:18 pm
Team 2. Yoda beats Luke, Dooku beats Caedus.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 19th 2020, 5:19 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:@IG: Based on?

Even if that were the case, being the Emperor's "greatest adversary" means that he is > Yoda no matter how you slice it. Yoda's alleged "greater experience and skills" still don't compare to Luke.
I mean, greatest adversary can refer to a lot, for example Luke trying to restart the Jedi Order (becoming a mega-threat) is still something that'd apply. We can't just say "hurr durr quote means power and combat skill" and be done with it.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

March 19th 2020, 5:22 pm
@IG: Um, the quote is specifically referring to a "ferocious lightsaber duel" and Sidious "wins" the duel "triumphant over his greatest adversary". Don't spew political power BS when you know it specifically refers to a lightsaber duel lmao

Last edited by EmperorCaedus on March 19th 2020, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 19th 2020, 5:22 pm
@BoD: Why does Dooku beat Caedus?

OT-Team 1.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 19th 2020, 5:26 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:@IG: Um, the quote is specifically referring to a "ferocious lightsaber duel" and Sidious "wins" the duel "triumphant over his greatest adversary". Don't spew political power BS when you know it specifically refers to a lightsaber duel lmao
It's not political power. Plus also we know that the Yoda v Sidious duel didn't exist yet, so it's plausible given methodology (mine included) that the quote doesn't encompass Yoda v Sidious, as nobody knew Yoda had fought Sidious from an OOU standpoint either. Refer to "Shedding Limitations"
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

March 19th 2020, 5:39 pm
@IG: Yes I've read "Shedding Limitations" and it does not apply. Ant argues:

Still, why do we assume that an out-of-universe statement is bound by the in-universe chronology (i.e. 4 ABY vs 19 BBY)? Why can't out-of-universe statements instead be bound by the out-of-universe chronology (i.e. 1983 vs 2005)?

So, "Shedding Limitations" would only work if the quote in question is OOU, which then it can be bound by OOU chronology according to Shedding Limitations. But since the quote in question is IU, bounding it to OOU chronology would not work, since Shedding Limitations advocates that OOU statements should be bound to OOU chronology, not IU statements to be bound by OOU chronology. 

Now back to the quote in question, since it is IU, it should be bound to IU chronology accordingly. And this is actually what "Shedding Limitations" implies should be the case. OOU goes with OOU and IU goes with IU, with a cute little bow on top. 

So yea, that quote definitely applies to Yoda v Sidious, and Mace v Sidious, etc. Even under the Shedding Limitations methodology.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 19th 2020, 5:44 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:@IG: Yes I've read "Shedding Limitations" and it does not apply. Ant argues:

Still, why do we assume that an out-of-universe statement is bound by the in-universe chronology (i.e. 4 ABY vs 19 BBY)? Why can't out-of-universe statements instead be bound by the out-of-universe chronology (i.e. 1983 vs 2005)?

So, "Shedding Limitations" would only work if the quote in question is OOU, which then it can be bound by OOU chronology according to Shedding Limitations. But since the quote in question is IU, bounding it to OOU chronology would not work, since Shedding Limitations advocates that OOU statements should be bound to OOU chronology, not IU statements to be bound by OOU chronology. 

Now back to the quote in question, since it is IU, it should be bound to IU chronology accordingly. And this is actually what "Shedding Limitations" implies should be the case. OOU goes with OOU and IU goes with IU, with a cute little bow on top. 

So yea, that quote definitely applies to Yoda v Sidious, and Mace v Sidious, etc. Even under the Shedding Limitations methodology.
The quote is IU? I was under the impression it was OOU, as the general feel is OOU. My mistake then. Though it has to be written from Sidious' POV to be valid, should it be IU. Though the idea is that the quote is referring to Luke as an adversary irrespective of the duel, so Luke's restarting the Order, and/or destroying the previous empire is significant.

Last edited by IG on March 19th 2020, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The God Emperor
The God Emperor

March 19th 2020, 6:06 pm
Team 2 obviously wins. Dooku wrecks Caedus while Yoda is fighting Luke. Then, Dooku and Yoda defeat Luke.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 19th 2020, 7:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Just make a sub category of the forum called IG vs EC (battle of the kiddos)
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 19th 2020, 11:16 pm
Team 1 stomps
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 19th 2020, 11:21 pm
Team 1 every time. Caedus can hold off Dooku long enough for Luke to beat Yoda and assist him.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 20th 2020, 9:46 pm
ScionOfSkywalker77 wrote:@BoD: Why does Dooku beat Caedus?

I don't appreciate being ignored when requesting reasons darling.

:>
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 20th 2020, 10:25 pm
Sorry, I disabled notifications last week so I didn't see this.

Dooku is more skilled as a swordsman and Caedus doesn't have the raw physical strength of someone like Zonakin necessary to overpower him. Likewise, he doesn't possess quite the level of power of someone like Zonakin or the ROTS titans to decisively beat him, and frankly I'm not entirely sure he has much greater power than someone like AOTC Yoda (albeit he'd be very close if not), who Dooku is probably above by ROTS as ridiculous as that sounds.

Caedus is more powerful, but not by such a degree that he can overpower Dooku without exhausting himself or at the very least leaving himself vulnerable.

Feel free to offer your thoughts. I'll keep an eye on this thread in the meantime.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 20th 2020, 10:46 pm
@BoD Caedus has Fighting Sight (precog on steroids) and ridiculous damage soak, that gives him a massive advantage.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 20th 2020, 10:52 pm
@BoD:

Since you seem to agree Caedus is more powerful I won't spend time needlessly explaining why, especially given I concur with the notion you've put forth regarding Caedus's inability to straight up overpower Dooku as a result of this edge, at least not initially. That being said I think it's likely that Caedus's fighting sight will prevent Dooku from outmaneovring him (Given it allowed him to match Juke constantly throughout their duel, somebody more powerful than the Count by a good margin and wielding an unpredictable style on top of that) and his ability to draw off pain should carry him through (Given the minor injuries throughout his duel with Luke only amped him) in spite of whatever non-fatal damage the Count does to him. Eventually Dooku's reserves will drain and Caedus can force an opening to disable him with a single blast of FL (Like he did against Juke) or gut him ouright. You'll see expansion on these ideas in my SS with Grey though, so I've decided to leave it as vague as possible.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum