Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Darth Failure - Page 4 Empty Re: Darth Failure

April 30th 2020, 12:18 pm
It's not that Filoni's opinion doesn't mean anything but some of things he says don't make much sense.

"We used to have this problem in Clone Wars when we would try to put Yoda in a story and it would be like, “Yeah, if Yoda’s there, this isn’t really a problem is it?” That’s because Yoda’s going to go in there and kick everyone’s butt. We all felt that Ahsoka, the only person that could really match her in this time period, blow for blow, would be Vader or the Emperor"--Dave Filoni

Yet we quite clearly see Maul match Ahsoka in Twilight of the Apprentice "blow for blow" right before Tano retreated.
It's possible that Filoni forgot to mention Maul as one of the contenders but that seems very unlikely considering how prominent of a character Maul has been in both his animated shows.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Filoni barely talks about the finale - or Maul, for that matter - in that interview.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 30th 2020, 12:40 pm
BoD wrote:
It's not that Filoni's opinion doesn't mean anything but some of things he says don't make much sense.

"We used to have this problem in Clone Wars when we would try to put Yoda in a story and it would be like, “Yeah, if Yoda’s there, this isn’t really a problem is it?” That’s because Yoda’s going to go in there and kick everyone’s butt. We all felt that Ahsoka, the only person that could really match her in this time period, blow for blow, would be Vader or the Emperor"--Dave Filoni

Yet we quite clearly see Maul match Ahsoka in Twilight of the Apprentice "blow for blow" right before Tano retreated.
It's possible that Filoni forgot to mention Maul as one of the contenders but that seems very unlikely considering how prominent of a character Maul has been in both his animated shows.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Filoni barely talks about the finale - or Maul, for that matter - in that interview.

Yeah, it's pretty dubious because Dave was talking about Ahsoka when she was first introduced to the show in consideration to her overshadowing the main cast (who Maul is not a part of), which is alluded to when he even makes a comparison to the creators can't have Yoda couldn't show up like he did in TCW because he would just kick everyone's ass. Moreover,  Filoni says "We all felt," meaning that Filoni was speaking in past tense, probably during the early creative process of trying to incorporate her in the story, her first appearance in the show being The Siege of Lothal, which was released about a year before Twilight of the Apprentice, which is Maul's first appearance.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 30th 2020, 8:47 pm
By far the Best of the season if i'm being honest

Bad patch arc was a Nice ride to begin with Even if somehow was unnecessary compared to the other material that needed to be adapted to the series

Ashoka filler arc we're lame the characters presented doesnt even do something interesting 

Siege of mandalore it's getting good especially with the uncoming episode

Overall 7/10 

Not that great season compared to the others
freethedevil
freethedevil

April 30th 2020, 10:55 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:By far the Best of the season if i'm being honest
Given that everything else has been trash, that's not saying much.
(okay the first episode of the sisters arc wasn't terrible outside of a ridiculously stupid first two minuites)
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 1st 2020, 7:29 am
@freethedevil Is the Mandalorian better?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 1st 2020, 11:54 am
freethedevil wrote:
(okay the first episode of the sisters arc wasn't terrible outside of a ridiculously stupid first two minuites)
only thing that have been trash were the ashoka arcs.
bad patch was decent  
this arc? holy shit connects to rots thats all i was waiting for and hope for it only 1 episode left

if i will give a rating to the arcs:

bad patch: 7/10

filler one: 5/10 

siege of mandalore 8/10
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 1st 2020, 8:15 pm
SithSauce wrote:@freethedevil Is the Mandalorian better?
Nope. The pilot is garbo but then the next two episodes trick you into thinking it might be good. Then it proceeds to be a dumspter fire for the rest of the season
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 1st 2020, 8:16 pm
freethedevil wrote:
SithSauce wrote:@freethedevil Is the Mandalorian better?
Nope. The pilot is garbo but then the next two episodes trick you into thinking it might be good. Then it proceeds to be a dumspter fire for the rest of the season
Darth Failure - Page 4 39523600
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 1st 2020, 8:43 pm
where the hell did my first response go?
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 1st 2020, 9:08 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
only thing that have been trash were the ashoka arcs.
bad patch was decent  
this arc? holy shit connects to rots thats all i was waiting for and hope for it only 1 episode left

if i will give a rating to the arcs:

bad patch: 7/10

filler one: 5/10 

siege of mandalore 8/10
Okay since my previous post was eaten, I'll streamline this. The bad batch makes it's job really easy for itself by introducing characters who make jar jar look multi-dimnesional. Despite that, it still manages to get just about everything wrong. The major payoff of the arc, echo being told he's more like the bad batch than normal clones makes zero sense since at n point before that conversation does echo act, talk, or emote like anything other than a normal clone. The conflicts are all pulled from nowhere(the bad batch accuses rex of leaving echo to die despite having zero clue what happened  there, ect.), and the stakes are basically non-existent since we have zero idea why the planet they're fighting on is important and we're never shown the consequences of the seperatists being able to predict strategies(actually we never see them use it at all). All the major payoffs ring hollow since they aren't consistent with what the story's shown us(Echo is perfectly fine after ebing rescued and rex uses echo being a changed man as a rallying cry for support), and the sources of conflict are all artifically contrived. The bad batch basically attempts nothing(the characterization is almost solely based on the literal text of the dialogue), and still managed to mess it all up. The dialgue in general only makes sense from the perspective of an audience member as opposed to what the characters in the universe actually feel and know.

Also, why the fuck did kenobi risk anakin's secret with padme being heard by everyone?(it wasn't impulsive because he shows no regret or remorse after and it wasn't pragmatic since it ahcheived literally nothing)

connected to rots
That doesn't mean it connected well. The premise of a story doesn't dictate its quality imo. Ahsoka's entire arc relies on the idea that she's become more pragmatic and less idealistic. The issue is, the previous 4 episodes show her being idealistic and mind numbingly holier art thou(lecturing the older sister when her antics pressured the yuonger sister into dumping the spice...). The ahsoka in the final arc is a drastically different character than the ahsoka we saw right before this.

Even worse, in the span of a single conversation they manage to break everything that's been established about Anakin and Ahsoka. Ahsoka, who even in season 7, continues to restate that people matter, suggests that kenobi and anakin shouldn't help defend the billions of citizens under attack at the republic capital(and lets not think of the trillons who would be affected by a dooku-run galaxy) so she can capture an outlaw. 

Finally, if that wasn't stupid enough, they have Anakin, someone who literally goes on to kill kids for padme and palpatine, being perfectly calm when padme and palpatine are under attack(with the latter being kidnapped). Also, the dude who literally kills kids to protect people he cares for, has zero issue with ahsoka trying to capture Maul, a jedi-killer who could take out most council masters.

Season 7, like the vast majority of disney sw material, is just poorly written garbage.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 1st 2020, 9:40 pm
Master Skywalker there are too many of them, what are we going to do
GrimalkunOnTheDarkside
GrimalkunOnTheDarkside

May 4th 2020, 7:23 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
DarthAdi wrote:It's pretty obvious that Chee's tweet is not a personal opinion (he probably doesn't have any opinion on this or on power levels in general).  He also said that he don't want to comment about Vader's power level.
Darth Failure - Page 4 7290993-limbs

Is clear that in this context he is just echoing that statement. His tweets are not binding regardless if he agrees with the quote or not. Lucas's quote is canon only to legends and Chee agreeing with it (which i don't think he does) doesn't mean that he made it Disney canon.
Disney took Vader in a completly new dirrection and some vague quote on twitter can't change that.

Lucas didn't consider anything from the Expanded Universe canon. He didn't even let it be in the same universe as his. The EU was literally a parallel Star Wars universe. He said tons it times, separate universe from his.  He didn't care about the EU at all other than the money it made him. The only thing he considered canon were the movies and the Clone Wars series. That's it.

Where you get the idea he considered any of that canonical is beyond me. He was practically screaming it from the rafter.
Lucas Quotes about the EU below -

Lucas said of the Expanded Universe: 2005 - https://ibb.co/Km1CcNs
"I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world.... When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
“There are two worlds here,” explained Lucas. “There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universethe licensing world of the books, games and comic books.
~ George Lucas, Cinescape, 2002

[Those things only happened in the parallel Star Wars universe. Naturally Lucas' works happened there too, they have to in order to make it a parallel star wars universe. Nothing from the EU happened in Lucas Canonical universe.]

Lucas Licensing and Leland Chee lied their asses off trying to make the EU look more legit than it was. Leland Chee admits it. There were two universes.

'And what goes in the blank timeline spaces of the Film Only universe - can we never know the history or background of that Star Wars universe like we can in the EU Star Wars universe?'

"Nothing. That's why it's film only."
~ Leland Chee, 2007

https://ibb.co/3dBN7Sw

He got nabbed during an interview and had to fess up -

Q: Hi Mr Chee! I’ve got a question about continuity – are all the various different media of Star Wars (the films, TCW, the video games, the EU) intended to form a single universe, or is the EU intended as a parallel, alternate universe (like, for example, the different continuities between the various Batman comics and films)? I realise that fans tend to each have their own personal preferences, but I was wondering what the official Lucasfilm company policy regarding this was? Many thanks!

"The dual universe question comes up often. I know George Lucas has mentioned it being two universes, but that’s not how I see it. His vision is definitely not beholden to ours, but ours is definitely beholden to his."

Leland Chee 2012

https://roqoodepot.com/2012/08/14/facebook-chat-with-leland-chee-recap/
Leland Chee never even spoke to Lucas ever.

"I didn't have any direct contact with George about Star Wars. - I would see some notes based on the interviews or the meetings. But I did not have direct contact with George about Star Wars continuity."
~  Leland Chee 2018

“I did not have direct contact with George about Star Wars continuity. Dave Filoni, who worked on Clone Wars, definitely did. So for me, the spirit of George’s work is what’s in the films, and it doesn’t go too far beyond that.”
~ Leland Chee 2018

"What George did with the films and The Clone Wars was pretty much his universe ,” Chee said. “He didn’t really have that much concern for what we were doing in the books and games. So the Expanded Universe was very much separate."
~ Leland Chee, 2017 - SYFY WIRE

------------------

“Lucas’ canon – and when I say ‘his canon’, I’m talking about what he was doing in the films and what he was doing in The Clone Wars  – was hugely important. But what we were doing in the books really wasn’t on his radar.”
~ Leland Chee, 2018

"And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

~ George Lucas, Flannelled One, 2008

”The novels and comic books are other authors' interpretations of my creation.  Sometimes, I tell them what they can and cant do, but I just don't have the time to read them. They're not my vision of what Star Wars is."

~ George Lucas 2004

-------------------
"I like to refer to the Interview with Lucas in the Special Editions.When asked about the novels and what not, he simply says:

”Those are another author's interpretation of what I've created, and not to be taken seriously, as far as what is really going on in the Star Wars world.”
~ George Lucas

"Q: What do you think of the Expanded Universe of books?
A: "The books are in a different universe. I've not read any of them, and I told them when they started writing I wouldn't read any of them and I blocked out certain periods [they couldn't touch where the real story happens]."
~ George Lucas 2003

"Howard Roffman [President of Lucas Licensing], He once said to me that there are two Star Trek universes: there's the TV show and then there's all the spin-offs. He said that these were completely different and didn't have anything to do with each other. So I said, "OK, go ahead."
~ George Lucas 2008

"TVGuide: Yet novelists have written "Star Wars" sequels using the same characters and extending their stories.

"Oh, sure. They're done outside my little universe."
~ George Lucas, Flannelled One, November 2001 - TV Guide interview

"Q: Do you supervise the development of all the off-movie stories? After all, Star Wars exists in books, comics.
A: "You know, I try not to think about that. I have my own world in movies and I follow it."
 ~ George Lucas, Flannelled One, July 2002 - From a The Force.Net

"The fact of the matter is that the merchandising side of Star Wars is something that never enters my mind during pre-production or even during production. Merchandising is only a secondary thought and is important for the fact that it makes the production of the prequels financially possible."
~ George Lucas, 1997
"I don't even read the offshoot books that come out based on Star Wars."
~ George Lucas, Flannelled One, July 1999 - Film Night interview

"So if we'll never see it onscreen, what does happen to Princess Leia and Han Solo after they fall in love?
”Han and Leia probably did get married,” Lucas conceded. ”They settled down. She became a senator, and they got a nice little house with a white picket fence. Han Solo is out there cooking burgers on the grill. Is that a movie? I don't think so.”
~ George Lucas, Flannelled One, May  2005  - MTV interview

Q: Can you quote any good story other than the movies?
A: "No, I don't think so. (laughs)."
~ George Lucas
"Q: in that vein, is it possible we'll see more Star Wars TV product?

A: Because I"m retiring from this part of my creative life, I'm open to more TV Product. but not more feature films, the story is complete. [and any other story wouldn't be my philosophy and views,] the books are not the same philosophy as the movies."

~ George Lucas 2003

"The movies are Gospel, and everything else is Gossip."
~ George Lucas
---------------------

"The question selected from The Furry Conflict poll was: How much does the Expanded Universe influence the movies?
"As I asked him, Lucas leaned back a moment and said to me “Very little.” When he first had agreed to let people write Expanded Universe books, he had said “I’m not gonna read ‘em” and it was a “different universe” and that he wanted to keep away from the time period of his saga. He jokingly complained, however, that now when he writes a script he has to look through an encyclopedia to make sure that a name he comes up with doesn’t come too close to something in the EU."

- "Marc Xavier", November 2003, "The Furry Conflict and the Great ‘Beard‘ of the Galaxy (report based on a Q&A session with George Lucas which occurred at USC on 11-19-03)
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 4th 2020, 7:44 am
Darth Failure - Page 4 39523600
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 4th 2020, 7:47 am
True, not to mention his versions of 7,8 and 9 were vastly different to the EU
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 4th 2020, 8:00 am
@GrimalkunOnTheDarkside Welcome to the forum, from where do you hail? 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum