Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Darth Failure - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Failure

April 25th 2020, 7:36 pm
Not sure he wanted her dead.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 25th 2020, 7:38 pm
I'm reconciling this by him being damn near fully insane by this point. Only in-universe explanation.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 25th 2020, 9:42 pm
I'm kind of with BoD on this one. Maul was literally raving mad just seconds after his defeat. I'd say Maul is a better duelist than Ahsoka, but his defeats tend to be due to a lack of situational awareness (Qui-Gon's lightsaber being pulled by Obi-Wan, Ahsoka throwing him from the beam, Kanan throwing him off of the temple), which may stem from either his arrogance or his building insanity. 

I do have to say, I'm glad Ahsoka supported the idea that Anakin is above Maul. The last time Ahsoka saw Anakin fight was S5. So we can probably say S5 Anakin is well above peak Maul, and RotS Anakin would likely stomp Maul.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 25th 2020, 10:13 pm
No, she just heard that Anakin killed Dooku, she's basing it off of what she knows Anakin is capable of in ROTS
Galan007
Galan007

April 25th 2020, 10:35 pm
> Korriban wrote:Not sure he wanted her dead.
Even after fully disarming Ahsoka, Maul still gave her one final chance to join him. So up to that point at least, it doesn't seem like he was trying to kill her.

> Korriban wrote:No, she just heard that Anakin killed Dooku, she's basing it off of what she knows Anakin is capable of in ROTS
Maul really is lucky that Anakin didn't show up, because he would have stomped the absolute christ out of him. Maul was trying to bite off WAY more than he could chew.

Also goes to show the actual disparity between Maul and Vader in canon, and why Maul stated that he couldn't beat Vader alone in Rebels S02(he wasn't even willing to try and confront him one-on-one.)

ANH/Rebels Vader > RotS Vader/Anakin > Maul.
freethedevil
freethedevil

April 26th 2020, 12:15 pm
Galan007 wrote:
Even after fully disarming Ahsoka, Maul still gave her one final chance to join him. So up to that point at least, it doesn't seem like he was trying to kill her.

> Korriban wrote:No, she just heard that Anakin killed Dooku, she's basing it off of what she knows Anakin is capable of in ROTS
Maul really is lucky that Anakin didn't show up, because he would have stomped the absolute christ out of him. Maul was trying to bite off WAY more than he could chew.

Also goes to show the actual disparity between Maul and Vader in canon, and why Maul stated that he couldn't beat Vader alone in Rebels S02(he wasn't even willing to try and confront him one-on-one.)

Is rebels vader really>rots anakin in NU? Doesn't rots anakin have lucas putting him on par with yoda and sids?
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 26th 2020, 12:54 pm
freethedevil wrote:
Galan007 wrote:

Is rebels vader really>rots anakin in NU? Doesn't rots anakin have lucas putting him on par with yoda and sids?
The word of George Lucas doesn't mean anything in the new canon. His word isn't the word of god any more. By feats and statements in the new canon, suit Vader is more powerful than RotS Anakin by a long shot.
Gianfi
Gianfi

April 26th 2020, 3:41 pm
A long shot... Rebels Vader hasn't defeated a single opponent who's on the level of Dooku. He was even force pushed by Kanan and Ezra. If we judge by feats RotS Anakin shits on Vader
freethedevil
freethedevil

April 26th 2020, 3:56 pm
Gianfi wrote:A long shot... Rebels Vader hasn't defeated a single opponent who's on the level of Dooku. He was even force pushed by Kanan and Ezra. If we judge by feats RotS Anakin shits on Vader
And who has Dooky beat?. Second hand sources have gone ver the moon to establish yoda>>>>>dooku after dooky ran away from him. Vader beat someone who contended with maul 15 years before her prime. What makes dooku so beyond that?
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 26th 2020, 4:14 pm
Gianfi wrote:A long shot... Rebels Vader hasn't defeated a single opponent who's on the level of Dooku. He was even force pushed by Kanan and Ezra. If we judge by feats RotS Anakin shits on Vader
Vader was toying with Kanan and Ezra. And force barriers aren't really much of a thing in canon as oppose to Legends.
Galan007
Galan007

April 26th 2020, 7:41 pm
A lack of Dooku-level opponents running around the galaxy in the wake of Order 66 doesn't change the abundance of evidence telling us that Vader did nothing but improve after the events of RotS.

Lords of the Sith, for example, literally goes out of its way to state that Vader was more powerful than ever.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 26th 2020, 9:47 pm
SithSauce wrote:
Vader was toying with Kanan and Ezra. And force barriers aren't really much of a thing in canon as oppose to Legends.

And he was distracted by the falling AT DPs which means Kanan and Ezra pushed a 300 pound man...
Arch_Sage
Arch_Sage

April 26th 2020, 10:28 pm
Vader improved in canon while Obi-Wan declined yet the latter was still able to hold his own in ANH, is there a reason behind this or did Vader just not grow by a large margin?
Galan007
Galan007

April 27th 2020, 6:50 am
Arch_Sage wrote:Vader improved in canon while Obi-Wan declined yet the latter was still able to hold his own in ANH, is there a reason behind this or did Vader just not grow by a large margin?
From a Certain Point of View makes it clear that Kenobi had absolutely no chance of beating Vader in ANH, and was hilariously outclassed.
freethedevil
freethedevil

April 27th 2020, 11:51 am
Galan007 wrote:
Arch_Sage wrote:Vader improved in canon while Obi-Wan declined yet the latter was still able to hold his own in ANH, is there a reason behind this or did Vader just not grow by a large margin?
From a Certain Point of View makes it clear that Kenobi had absolutely no chance of beating Vader in ANH, and was hilariously outclassed.
Damn, disney is really, really determined to drastically fuck with power levels for some reason.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 27th 2020, 11:57 am
freethedevil wrote:
Galan007 wrote:
Damn, disney is really, really determined to drastically fuck with power levels for some reason.

Indeed, Vader is now the best of the best, even above Sheev Darth Failure - Page 2 2266747095
freethedevil
freethedevil

April 27th 2020, 11:59 am
Latham2000 wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Galan007 wrote:

Indeed, Vader is now the best of the best, even above Sheev Darth Failure - Page 2 2266747095
Is he really? If he is, that's absolutely stupid. A central component of vader's character is that he lost the potential to be more powerful than sheev.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 27th 2020, 12:08 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Galan007 wrote:

Latham honey, please...cease thy buffoonery.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 27th 2020, 12:53 pm
@Galan007: Yet still more powerful in the Force per Chee. Darth Failure - Page 2 1668617588 Great consistency from the Story Group, as always. Darth Failure - Page 2 1289255181
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

April 27th 2020, 12:56 pm
Jaggarath wrote:@Galan007: Yet still more powerful in the Force per Chee. Darth Failure - Page 2 1668617588 Great consistency from the Story Group, as always. Darth Failure - Page 2 1289255181
Chee doesn't have Ben > Vader. The tweet you're (likely) referring to is Chee echoing someone asking him about the Lucas quote. He's not him making a statement on the matter. In fact he says he doesn't track power levels at all.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 27th 2020, 12:59 pm
Jaggarath wrote:@Galan007: Yet still more powerful in the Force per Chee. Darth Failure - Page 2 1668617588 Great consistency from the Story Group, as always. Darth Failure - Page 2 1289255181
That tweet was taken out of context, I believe  somewhere @HeartoftheForce posted the tweet as well as the question that was asked. I'll try and find it.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 27th 2020, 1:44 pm

Same thread chain he says "that said, power levels are not something I record." He was just echoing a general comment by Lucas.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 27th 2020, 2:25 pm
I may be missing context behind the "private" function of the questioner, but "While I can see how power levels can be helpful in crafting actor performances in a scene, I don't understand how to apply them to canon. Obi-Wan is stronger than Vader in EP4 - he still "lost." Luke trained with Yoda for like a week and goes toe-to-toe with Vader." is pretty clear-cut otherwise. I'll gladly revise my take and use it for Legends debates if he's exclusively talking about Lucas. If not, the fact Chee doesn't record power-levels is irrelevant to the quote's canonical standing, unless you want to take it a step further and say no quotes or power-level depictions through fights matter?
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

April 27th 2020, 2:56 pm
Jaggarath wrote:I may be missing context behind the "private" function of the questioner, but "While I can see how power levels can be helpful in crafting actor performances in a scene, I don't understand how to apply them to canon. Obi-Wan is stronger than Vader in EP4 - he still "lost." Luke trained with Yoda for like a week and goes toe-to-toe with Vader." is pretty clear-cut otherwise. I'll gladly revise my take and use it for Legends debates if he's exclusively talking about Lucas. If not, the fact Chee doesn't record power-levels is irrelevant to the quote's canonical standing, unless you want to take it a step further and say no quotes or power-level depictions through fights matter?
One user asked Chee about the lucas quote. Chee responded by echoing that staetment without confirming if he agrees with it or not and went on about how power levels are not something he tracks. Is not usable for canon either way as Lucas words are not part of Disney canon. For legends this changes nothing as the quote existed for 40 years or so.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 27th 2020, 3:10 pm
Can you pic/quote me the context?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum