Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan Empty Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan

April 6th 2020, 3:52 pm
RotS Fisto takes on these clowns on neutral ground. Standard conditions.

Last edited by Latham2000 on April 7th 2020, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan Empty Re: Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan

April 6th 2020, 3:55 pm
if they fight like a team then they win after a hard fight 
if not then they die
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan Empty Re: Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan

April 6th 2020, 4:50 pm
Well Fisto is perfectly optimised for this 2v1 and Anakin is a Dunce while Kenobi at this stage is relatively "meh."

I'd say Fisto beats them as easily if not easier than Dooku
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 6th 2020, 5:08 pm
A much earlier Kit was stalemating AOTC Obi-Wan before 3 years of warfare and power growth. He wins pretty handily.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 6th 2020, 5:40 pm
Anakin already beat Kenobi and Fisto at the same time not too long after AOTC. Team 2 stomps. Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan 1289255181

Add in ROTJ Vader to team 1 and maybe we have a fight.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 6th 2020, 5:51 pm
This is RotS Fisto.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 6th 2020, 5:54 pm
I doubt he's going from losing to Anakin with Kenobi's help to somehow beating both Anakin and Kenobi combined.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 6th 2020, 6:03 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Anakin already beat Kenobi and Fisto at the same time not too long after AOTC. Team 2 stomps. Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan 1289255181

Add in ROTJ Vader to team 1 and maybe we have a fight.
When did this happen? Also, TCW Anakin grew massively in a matter of weeks post-AOTC, they're not exactly comparable.

Last edited by BoD on April 6th 2020, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

April 6th 2020, 6:07 pm
Kit Fisto isn’t nearly as powerful as Dooku, nor is he the object of Anakin’s bloodlust. The duo would crush Fisto rather easily.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 6th 2020, 6:12 pm
@BOD: It's referenced in CWLD: "I once defeated you and Obi-Wan together. Want to send for help?" AOTC Anakin already has AOTC Yoda-tier applicable power and AOTC Dooku-tier lightsaber skill if he's operating at his best. His "growth" is more just further mastery to fight at that level more consistently.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 7th 2020, 8:55 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:@BOD: It's referenced in CWLD: "I once defeated you and Obi-Wan together. Want to send for help?" AOTC Anakin already has AOTC Yoda-tier applicable power and AOTC Dooku-tier lightsaber skill if he's operating at his best. His "growth" is more just further mastery to fight at that level more consistently.

Where are you getting this from?
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

April 7th 2020, 9:13 am
Latham2000 wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:@BOD: It's referenced in CWLD: "I once defeated you and Obi-Wan together. Want to send for help?" AOTC Anakin already has AOTC Yoda-tier applicable power and AOTC Dooku-tier lightsaber skill if he's operating at his best. His "growth" is more just further mastery to fight at that level more consistently.

Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan Chosen10
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

April 7th 2020, 9:18 am
Fisto wrecks
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 7th 2020, 9:34 am
HeartoftheForce wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:

Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan Chosen10

That quote explicitly says Anakin is "perhaps even more powerful than Yoda," so it's automatically ambigious and not definitive. We know that AotC Yoda is "much" more powerful than Anakin because Lucas says so in the LFL AotC DVD commentary.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 7th 2020, 10:31 am
 It's referenced in CWLD: "I once defeated you and Obi-Wan together. Want to send for help?"

We have absolutely no context for that, nor a timeframe. The same game also has Obi-Wan referencing his defeating TPM Mace as a padawan in a spar.

AOTC Anakin already has AOTC Yoda-tier applicable power

Which he has far more difficulty controlling. He has no personal hatred for Kit, meaning there's no reason it'd come out.

and AOTC Dooku-tier lightsaber skill if he's operating at his best.

There are so many contradictory sources on this it's almost impossible to claim this as fact.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 7th 2020, 10:37 am
The only source saying that AotC Anakin is on par with AotC Dooku is a statement that Gillard makes in the 2019 IGN video, and we can chalk that down to Gillard being really forgetful, which wouldn't suprise me, because it contradicts what he stated back in 2002, and it completely goes against at least 4 published sources attributing AotC Dooku's victory by virtue of being the superior swordsman.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 7th 2020, 10:38 am
Latham2000 wrote:That quote explicitly says Anakin is "perhaps even more powerful than Yoda,so it's automatically ambigious and not definitive. We know that AotC Yoda is "much" more powerful than Anakin because Lucas says so in the LFL AotC DVD commentary.

The presence of a “perhaps” suggests Anakin’s raw power is within Yoda’s range at the very least, which is why we see him somewhat threatening Dooku in the novel version of AOTC. I don’t know the exact wording or context of the Lucas quote, so I might be wrong there, but it could easily be referring to Anakin’s baseline power, the amount he can access under normal circumstances (Gillard has listed AOTC Anakin as a level 7). The sourcebook quote itself mentions Anakin has very little control over that power, so the two wouldn’t even contradict each other, seen in this light.
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 7th 2020, 5:30 pm
Kenobi was the one being toyed with.  Anakin put up a sufficient challenge on his own, which I can't see Fisto ever doing.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 8th 2020, 6:40 am
Add in Vader and he solos the duo without Fisto's interference

Last edited by SithSauce on April 8th 2020, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
LOTL

April 8th 2020, 6:42 am
Quotes state that Dooku was toying with the younger Jedi too.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 8th 2020, 9:53 am
LOTL wrote:Quotes state that Dooku was toying with the younger Jedi too.

This is true, the AotC junior novel supports this. But as I've said earlier, I don't have a settled stance on the matter due to far too many conflicting sources.
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 8th 2020, 3:09 pm
LOTL wrote:Quotes state that Dooku was toying with the younger Jedi too.

You know, I don't use the term "chocolate bar quotes" out of frivolity.  
I coined the term because I don't find poor short-hand interpretations helpful in discerning the true nature, perhaps even the true intent of the main body of works.  Even if they're part of the canon. 

I watch the film 
I see Dooku's troll expression when disposing Kenobi 
I see a much more intense fight both in setting and expression with Anakin 
I watch an Interview where Gillard, Lucas' correspondent in the matters of power levels, claim that Anakin is close to Dooku here.

Suddenly some cereal box quote is less important than the thing it's trying to interpret/adapt.

Last edited by Ziggy on April 8th 2020, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 8th 2020, 3:23 pm
LOTL is talking about the AotC junior novel, which is not an obscure "chocolate bar quote" at all, but actually a really prominent source that was written by someone who had access to a copy of the AotC screenplay. And we don't actually see Dooku's facial expressions in every second and exchange of his fight with Anakin, and you don't necessarily need to smile to prove that you're toying with your opponent. Also, are you talking about Gillard's remarks in the 2019 IGN video?

Last edited by Latham2000 on April 8th 2020, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
O-Siri
O-Siri

April 8th 2020, 3:39 pm
Ziggy wrote: I don't find poor short-hand interpretations helpful in discerning the true nature, perhaps even the true intent of the main body of works.  Even if they're part of the canon. 
Same here. Films/shows/novels/comics; the main body of works that makes up the overall narrative as you said, and then statements from the creators for clarity. Screw the quotes game.
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 8th 2020, 4:06 pm
Latham2000 wrote:LOTL is talking about the AotC junior novel, which is not an obscure "chocolate bar quote"

It's as chocolatey as it gets.  

Still an adaption of the film, which, ahem, is the thing based on and is trying to depict in a novel aimed at kids. 

but actually a really prominent source

It's third in the line of importance and can be outright ignored in parts where it contradicts the film, the primary canon and medium that all others are based around. 

Just so you know, someone having access to the screenplay (which still isn't the finished product and is chocked with discrepancies) doesn't preclude a writer from taking creative license with some of the details or plain getting it wrong in others. 

Kit Fisto vs AotC Anakin & AotC Obi-Wan Fc5bb482918a33470c427b49c30fddf2

Or are you going to argue that HP movies are the true canon? 

George showed us Dooku toying with Kenobi
He showed us Anakin giving Dooku pause 
Gillard reinforces those remarks 

The cereal box junior novel not withstanding.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum