Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 15 Empty Re: Darth Vader V Exar Kun

November 30th 2019, 6:22 pm
The Force is a lightsaber and lava confirmed.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 6:29 pm
Decaf_Beverages wrote:You know, I could do a post at length at why I consider Kun superior to the likes of Vader, but it is honestly too close to the end of the semester for that junk right now. So I'll post a Vader quote many people haven't seen pertaining to his death

Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 15 Screen12
How does that in any way connect to Exar Kun?
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

November 30th 2019, 6:29 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:The Force is a lightsaber and lava confirmed.
Something something will of the force

-Yoda
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

November 30th 2019, 6:30 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:You know, I could do a post at length at why I consider Kun superior to the likes of Vader, but it is honestly too close to the end of the semester for that junk right now. So I'll post a Vader quote many people haven't seen pertaining to his death

It doesn't. I think its cool
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 6:32 pm
Decaf_Beverages wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:

It doesn't. I think its cool
Uh. Ok then
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 7:07 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:vader is the best duelist in the galaxy by TFU 1 (and then got much, much, much better after this), this includes kun, who is still around.

Vader is only referred as an unparalled lightsaber combatant as of TFU. That quote is apparently wrong unless the author dismisses Sidious and Yoda due to them stopped using lightsabers. And noone around that time is aware of Kun's existence therefore the quote doesn't apply to the latter, who is even uncapable of holding one due to lacking a physical form.

i dont think i need to prove stronger, as he completely overpowered sidious, is stronger than obi wan who can bend GG's plating, also stronger than dooku who disarm GG, who can yeet reinforced durasteel doors off of their hinges; is said to be faster than obi wan by 18 BBY (this obi wan being compared here is= to mustafar obi wan), then got much, much faster after this; he has killed more than 200 of ths toughest, strongest, smartest, most skilled jedi the order had after order 66, who were said to have only survived cuz they were the best of the best, kun has nothing close to this;

1 - Vader overpowering Sidious has nothing to do with his own strength, rather an unusual display of willpower. Not to mention he grabbed the Emperor while he was off-guard.

2 - Kenobi only has average strength feats, Vader being stronger than him doesn't mean anything. And Dooku's known for his lack of strength and stamina. Kun does have way better strength feats than both.

3 - Except that Jedi that survived weren't the best of the best of the Order, who were already dead. Such as Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Mace Windu etc. The ones who were above average Jedi Masters such as Shaak Ti and Quinlan Vos were not even slain by Vader or survived. 

4 - Vader is unusually fast, that is true. However he lacks agility the Kun has and the Ancient Sith Lord is capable of creating after images just as Vader so why the speed should be a deciding factor where it is doubtful that if Vader can even outclass Kun in that area?

he has bane's holocron, which just by itself has everything kun had to himself, and much more, then he had tons and tons of super high end jedi holocrons at his disposal, and other tons of sith holocrons that sheev gave him; his feats with both control and skill with the force are all better than anything kun has shown; i dont think i need to explain why vader's stamina and durability>> kun's, do i

Yet Vader didn't know everything Bane had possessed such as Force Drain. Kun has a way larger arsenal than Vader when it comes to Force powers, and his telepathic abilities are beyond Vader. In durability surely Vader is superior due to his armor but at the same time it has disadvantages. And what makes you think that Vader's stamina>Kun? Kun is capable of fighting Ulic without tiring for hours.
sorry for the wait lol i forgot about this hahaha

Nothing states that vader is less skilled than yoda and sheev. at all. he did nothing but train and get much better at it for like, 24 years? and sorry, but stopped using light sabers? nah. neither of them were EVER active lightsaber duelists in the first place. rusty yoda was still called the best in the order, of all time, back in ROTS era. and sheev who hadnt held his lightsaber for over a decade could still fight against windu evenly too. no reason to think that they are exempt from that quote, at all. and sorry to say, but TFU 1 is from 2008, after the ROTS and AOTC movies came out, so they did know how good both sheev and yoda were. the tales of the jedi: redemption comic came out in 1998, a decade before the game came out. the novel which talks about/ has spirit exar kun in it, is from from 1994 (his first appearance), so yes, they did know about kun. u might be talking about in universe, which would make sense if it werent for the fact that newer jedi already knew about him, so yes, he was clearly known about. him being a spirit obviously is a good point, i wont disregard that, but it still points to vader being above kun, in one way or another.

1. not really? and sheev being caught by surprise doesnt make him physically weaker lol the whole thing about it being a one time thing is BS from what i could tell. if u can post a good argument for it, good for u, but sheev has consistently said that vader was a threat, or was strong enough to at least kill him, and shit like that. no matter how u look at it, its not a one time thing at all.

2. kenobi has some of the best strength feats my man. GG's metal paneling can tank intense ass fire, and missile explosions, not to mention council member lvl force pushes. kenobi bending it like its make of cake is fucking insane. then we have dooku, who completely overpowers kenobi every time they meet. vader is stronger than both of them. so yeah, vader's strength is fucking crazy. and actually, dooku's stamina is pretty damn good too. he only has one instance of getting tired (legitimately tired) mid fight, and thats by fighting anakin, who was faster, stronger, more skilled, and had even better stamina than dooku did. thats pretty fucking good for anakin too, considering the fact that dooku has two or so quotes saying that he can fight long ass amounts of time, and anakin drains him in 30 seconds.

3. either u didnt get what i meant, or u tried to make a horrible ass counter. either way, my point still stands that the jedi vader killed were still the best of the best in the order. there being other bests doesnt change or go against what i said. vader could still fodderize the inquisitors many times over, even in 18 BBY, who were yet again, stronger than ur usual jedi knight, or even higher, who then trained in the dark side by vader himself.

4. true, vader's agility is not what it was. vader has full on blitzed high end jedi, dark jedi, and inquisitors, multiple times, 20 or so years before his prime. he is, imo, clearly the faster one here, even tho kun is the more agile.

Vader had to master bane's holocron to finish his training, AND to find the way to resurrect Padme, including like, 100s of other high end holocrons that he also read.

what kun knows= sadow's info, other sith info, and maybe some of his own stuff VS vader reading bane's holocrons (which has everything sadow knows, everything nadd knows, everything darth revan knows), tons of secret jedi holocrons that he did in fact read, the many other holocrons that sheev, and likely more. vader is clearly the more learned force users here.

Vader could easily extract info from ROTJ luke's head, and could communicate with him whenever he felt like it too- could also extract info from jedi even as early as 18 BBY, something which i believe exar kun has not done.

vader could fight against galen marek for hours on end, everyday, until he didnt feel like it anymore, letting proxy do the work for him. this actually points out to another one of my points. TFU 1> galen marek> proxy using obi wan module, whom vader himself programmed. we even have vader fodderize proxy using the obi wan module himself. vader is clearly the better duelist
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

November 30th 2019, 8:27 pm
I'll write a respond to this later on in favour of Kun. Today I am too damn tired.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 30th 2019, 8:33 pm
Damn, hellfire arguing in favor of Tor?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 8:34 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:I'll write a respond to this later on in favour of Kun. Today I am too damn tired.
answer when u feel like it man. i like both of them anyhow. whoever wins, ill be semi ok with it
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 30th 2019, 8:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
HellfireUnit wrote:I'll write a respond to this later on in favour of Kun. Today I am too damn tired.
Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 15 Tenor
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 8:42 pm
pretty much lol hahaha
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

November 30th 2019, 8:52 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:
Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 15 Tenor

Man, I still think Vader smashes Kun. I just found lorenzo's arguments weak for Vader and try to show how easy they can be countered. One has to be objective right?  Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 15 1019854026
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 8:56 pm
true enough lol
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 8:57 pm
i havent brought in the power scaling yet tho
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 9:17 pm
Lorenzo when will you make a case for Vader?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 9:20 pm
i thought i did?
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 9:21 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i thought i did?
No I meant a case that you actually provide evidence and quotes for, instead of your rough paraphrasing which may or may not be true.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 9:24 pm
Hellfire Unit. instead of countering Lorenzo's troll level arguments, provide a pro Vader Case that I can counter.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 9:25 pm
I’m interested to see HU’s pro Vader argument.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 9:27 pm
i do have quotes for everything, so yall saying that shit is troll lvl shows stupid yall are. learn more then u can talk shit.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 9:32 pm
You have yet to provide a slither of evidence for any of your claims. Come back with evidence and we might respond to your case
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 9:40 pm
i find that hilarious, considering the fact that i have posted pretty much all of the sources for the shit above before, in more than a few other threads, but yall have the memory of a butterfly man. find a good fucking argument, instead of trash talking me. cuz this is losing battle for u, since i have something to present, but u guys bark but dont really bite. u bark a whole fucking lot, but ur pretty much toothless from what i have seen
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 11:20 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:
LadyKulvax wrote:He's literally responsible for editing the works of the authors to better suit the vision of LucasFilm itself. His authority is set in stone by LucasFilm itself by crediting him with having been so involved for so long.

They wouldn't be interviewing him about it in the first place if he wasn't a reliable authority and then go out of their way to tell readers why he's worth interviewing to boot just in case.

It's a published statement in an official LucasFilm magazine that they clearly didn't take issue with.

Not that I find any of this necessary when Kun's feats do the job themselves.
He doesn't edit for the story, and power levels and scaling chains, he edits grammar and continuity errors. You still haven't refuted this point

You haven't read any of those interview's have you. Editors usually do, and Dan did in this case, have story input and control in the works that they edit. Some editors can be hands off, but thats clearly not what was going on. Specifically, Dan Thorsland was said to have worked closely with Tom Veitch specifically. 

Me quoting the artist who was also in the same interview because he also was one of the main artists for other SW projects? That would be stupid. But this guy does have valid authority to be speaking on those things.
An Editor isn't stated as a reliable source according to the Legends policy.

Please provide the source for your incredibly weak counter.
The Legends hierarchy of continuity...
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 1st 2019, 1:00 am
i feel like having a legit debate on this tbh. anyone up for it? we should do a team debate tbh. me and BOD vs two other guys. it could be fun.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 1st 2019, 1:01 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i feel like having a legit debate on this tbh. anyone up for it? we should do a team debate tbh. me and BOD vs two other guys. it could be fun.
AP should be up for it
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum