Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Heathen
Heathen

How powerful is Bendu? Empty How powerful is Bendu?

March 25th 2020, 7:12 pm
How powerful is Bendu in Rebels?
Galan007
Galan007

How powerful is Bendu? Empty Re: How powerful is Bendu?

March 25th 2020, 7:53 pm
Depends how much stock you put into Vader's statement that Palpatine > Bendu:

"And once again, Vader found himself curious to see whether Thrawn could truly deliver everything he’d promised.
“Very well,” he said. “But understand this. All the strength of the creature you faced on Atollon pales in comparison with the power of the Emperor. Are you truly willing to risk his anger?”

-Thrawn: Alliances
Heathen
Heathen

March 25th 2020, 8:43 pm
@Galan007

Well, then this gives us an upper limit.  Thanks!
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 10:15 pm
Vader has no way of knowing the Bendu's power, and that sounds like rhetoric anyway.

He's possibly > Sidious since he's a Force entity, but decisively below the Ones.
Galan007
Galan007

March 26th 2020, 7:24 am
BoD wrote:Vader has no way of knowing the Bendu's power, and that sounds like rhetoric anyway.

He's possibly > Sidious since he's a Force entity, but decisively below the Ones.
Possibly.

Though it's equally possible that Palpatine(and therefore Vader) did know of Bendu and his power, given the wealth of esoteric knowledge they had access to.

At the very least, Palpatine/Vader would have known(thanks to the reports of Thrawn and the Death Troopers) that Bendu could transform into a literal storm and summon lightning capable of one-shotting AT-ATs, when he compared him to Palpatine.

Last edited by Galan007 on March 26th 2020, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 26th 2020, 7:57 am
I don't think Bendu is above Sidious, at least for TROS Sidious. Bendu was defeated by a small army and Thrawn at the end, Palpatine's feats are way more impressive.
Heathen
Heathen

March 26th 2020, 5:34 pm
@bod I agree but in the sense that the quote is from Vader's pov.  He could even be lying (I doubt it), or he could be blind to anyone else being near Sidious (I doubt this as well).  Most likely he is correct, but a character's statement of another character is sometimes not reliable.  I haven't read the book or watched all of Rebels so I can't form an opinion yet.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum